PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

1. HR called and fixed the interview.
2. Technical Round - 1 (Sr. Manager Gave 3 topics to prepare on Green Buildings and Energy Efficiency)
3. Technical Round - 2 ( Two Sr. Managers discussed technical issues in Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings)
4. Technical Round - 3 (Associate Director discussed technical issues and scope in Energy Efficiency Vertical).
5. HR helped me with the offer after 14 days.

Interview Questions
  • None Actually.. Mostly everything were technical so it went off pretty smooth.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate. I went ahead as per Company's Policies.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

First I had a numerical and verbal online test. They called me in one day and i had a phone interview, the question were mostly about my resume. Then they invited me for an interview with their HR stuff, were questions about the company, why i want to work there, my future plans. The last interview was with top management, where i had more specific questions on balance sheets analysis.

Interview Questions
    • How many departments the company has and what they responsible for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I applied through job portal. Had received call from a stuffing agency. Stuffing agency has scheduled interview with PwC Bangalore. Process took approximately 3 weeks.There were 2 rounds of interview, both on the same day and both are technical.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are theoretical, not based on prior work or practical implementation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in August 2014.

From the time the job was posted to the signing, no more than two weeks passed. I applied online and was invited for a half-day interview session. This consisted of two 30min interviews with two different partners, two 30min technical interviews with team-members/superiors, a 1h structured interview with 2 people from HR, a 45min computer aided personality test and a 60min computer aided skill test.
    The interviews with the partners were a mix of technical questions and personality questions, the interviews with the coworkers consisted of short case studies related to my field of work. With HR we talked about my CV, my goals and how I would react in various situations.
    The personality tests were rather standard (you encounter a situation, rank these possible ways to react from best to worst) and the skill test consisted of English, math and logical thinking.

Interview Questions
    • All in all the entire process was rather straightforward, with no apparent trick questions or difficult questions.To me personally it was most confusing when I was asked to give feedback on the interview process.(My answer was that I see this as a trick question and therefore will not answer)   Answer Question
    As this was my first job and the salary seemed rather fixed on an entry level position I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Process took over 5 months.
    Received online tests in January
    Telephonic interview in February - standard questions, competency based, business acumen, why PWC, salary expectations.
    Assessment center in late April - maths & verbal test, summarise 16 pages document in 2 pages in 30 mins and 45 mins group exercise.
    Senior Manager iterview in mid May - competency again, motivational.
    Partner interview end of June - more technical questions, e.g market trends, options for investing 1m $.
    Received offer on the phone during last interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Very easy process, I was needed to stand in for another employee who was leaving. One partner was very easy going, the other was mostly silent throughout the interview. We later toured the office which led me to believe I would be accepted. I felt that there was some kind of problem at the company whilst touring the office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, was asked at the end about treatment of pensions as I had asked about my own salary but this was not difficult to answer as I had prepared for the interview by reading intensively.   Answer Question
    I was accepted on the same day of the interview as they desperately needed a replacement for an employee who was leaving.

Consultant Interview

There are 5 parts.The first one consists on introduce your CV and seem to be a good candidate, the second part constist on an english test, then a gruop work, and two other personal interviews.

Consulting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Followed the instructions on the website. Fairly straight forward and you are required to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests. I would recommend that you prepare well for these are you are racing with time. Then if you get through, you have to go through phone screening and assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • if you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Prepare your cover letter and cv well. Make sure there is no mistakes

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

There were three interviews. The first one was Group Dynamics, the second and the third one were with the SM and Director, respectively. They are very upfront, serious and ethical about their interview process. They ask you about your ambitions, your future projects, why are you worth working there, the full works...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a specific client asked you an opinion on a subject you don't fully grasp.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in May 2014.

I answered a job add on LinkedIn, after which I was contacted for the 1st interview (this was about 2 weeks after sending in my cover letter and CV). Before the 1st interview, I had to take three online aptitude tests: one consisting of numerical, logical and verbal reasoning, and two focused on personality type (PAPI tests- one ipsative, one normative). At the first interview I was given feedback on the first test (verbal/logical/numerical reasoning), whereas, regarding the PAPI test, I was told they would not give me feedback, but rather compare their experience of me to the results that were still unknown to me. 1st interview was generally experiential, and to see if the chemistry was there. 2nd interview was a business case/presentation I had to prepare a few days in advance, and present to a partner, HR manager and a subject matter expert.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared very thoroughly for the experiential part (use the STAR format and focus on concrete examples of your achievements!) as well as the business case, so nothing unexpected as such came up. The subject matter expert did ask me some questions on my thoughts on certain potential issues related to the context the case took place in, but I simply and confidently admitted that my knowledge of the field/concept did not extend that far (they seemed to respect that).   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as such. I was offered a salary a little lower than what I had proposed, due to the fact that they are paying for a business graduate diploma worth over DKK 110,000.