PwC

Average Difficulty
71 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calcutta (India)

I interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview Details – As it was a campus driven interview so there was only one round and fully based small case studies. Mostly they were checking the statistical approach to the problem.

Interview Question – if u want to launch a telecom service in India, what u will look at and how u will proceed.   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – PwC has come to our campus for recruiting. The actually interview process was different from what was mentioned in the placement website. The first round was a GD round. Here, it is important that one participates and makes contribution in terms of a new perspective or elaborates/ analyses someone else's perspective. The next round was a telephonic interview. My experience of the telephonic interview was not very good. I almost understood the result after that round. To my surprise, the company waitlisted my application though.

Interview Question – Contray to what was expected (based on what other people had mentioned about their experience), there were a few actual technical questions based on programming languages and technology strategy for banking sector etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Manager interview, followed by Associate Director/ Executive Director, and then HR. It is better to have your CV forwarded through an internal reference.

Interview Question – N.A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but you should - there are salary disparities at the same experience and rank.

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round was Telephonic . As I am into SAP , questions were asked on both technical and functional, also from projects I worked. It was for 35-40 minutes by a Principal Consultant..2nd round was Managerial round . It was F2F at Bangalore taken by the Director and Partner. Few managerial questions like leadership,motivation were asked. Why PwC?
What U know about PwC? Favorite MBA Subject--Few questions on that..Final HR round was telephonic. They asked only about salary expectations,reason 4 change, how soon I can join,etc....My hobbies, engineering rank, significant achievement..etc..Overall it was very good...Interviewers were very friendly, cordial, didn't put into pressure or stress...very much professional..

Negotiation Details – I told Best in Industry and got 70% hike from my previous company. PwC offers more than industry standard for talented guys...

Mexico City (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – The initial contact was through one professor which is the former Advisory Director Partner of PwC Mexico. A first interview with HR took place. Two more interviews followed later, one with a Senior Manager of a service line and a the last one with the Partner of service line just for approval.

Interview Question – Explain me the main feature when allocating indirect cost in an ABC costing system   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No able to negotiate

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – First round interview is a traditional numerical test. Reading and interpreting graphs and then calculate the correct answer. Also included true, false or can not be answered-questions.

Also some tests of reading abilites, which are in the local language. Short texts discussing different topics, such as economics, technology and scientific findings.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really. Some time pressure, but that's all.   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details – A senior manager and a senior consultant conducted the interview. The senior manager had a evaluation form from HR department. All were behavior questions. There is only one question is about my technical background. As they were hiring banking IT auditor, they need people with IT and banking system knowledge.

Interview Question – As a software engineer in Oracle, why you want to join PwC?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Considering the working environment of big 4 in China.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Resume shortlisting, group discussion and then one personal interview. Resume shortlisting had grade criteria, group discussion was extremely easy as the problem statement was comprehensible (not abstract). structure was: 5 mins to understand the problem, 20 to discuss and then 5 mins to conclude. Interview was entirely case study as expected.

Interview Question – how can a company make vendors sell its product more without giving him any benefit to do so.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Technical Round - Basic Technical Question on technology worked on and project details (challenged faced how overcome and technology details)
Partner Round - To check if fit for job just to check your dedication towards job and kiness joining firm and communication skills
HR Round - Negotiation on salary

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

Interview Details – Written exam (Verbal and Logical Aptitude) (questions were mostly testing verbal abilities like grammar and all and then quantitative abilities as it happens for most MBA entrance examinations)
Interview by a Principal Consultant (This was a technical round testing JAVA and data structures knowledge)
Interview by a Partner (HR round)

Interview Question – Data Strucutre questions like explaining some algorithms of trees and linked lists and some JAVA questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC