PwC Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

72 interviews

2.9

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Applied for a position under their graduate recruitment program (Sydney). Online application form starts off the recruitment process, followed by an invitation to an invite-only pre-interview networking event. A phone interview follows that, the one I received was conducting by a HR person who asked questions relevant to the position but seemed unqualified to have a intelligent discussion. An example was when the HR person asked for my opinions on a recent business/financial news event. She was unfamiliar with the topic herself and was frantically trying to scribble notes down instead of engaging in a two-way conversation. Finally, the HR person admitted that she was mainly trying to decide what role would suit me rather than respecting my ability to decide if I had the skills and qualifications to be competent in a role. The company took 2 weeks to get back with rejection email, offering to provide feedback via a telephone callback. After scheduling a time with their automated system, I was surprised that the call never came at all. Very unprofessional conduct for a prestigious firm.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think a consultant does? Tell me about three of your strengths.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

As it was a campus driven interview so there was only one round and fully based small case studies. Mostly they were checking the statistical approach to the problem.

Interview Questions
    • if u want to launch a telecom service in India, what u will look at and how u will proceed.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

1st round was Telephonic . As I am into SAP , questions were asked on both technical and functional, also from projects I worked. It was for 35-40 minutes by a Principal Consultant..2nd round was Managerial round . It was F2F at Bangalore taken by the Director and Partner. Few managerial questions like leadership,motivation were asked. Why PwC?
    What U know about PwC? Favorite MBA Subject--Few questions on that..Final HR round was telephonic. They asked only about salary expectations,reason 4 change, how soon I can join,etc....My hobbies, engineering rank, significant achievement..etc..Overall it was very good...Interviewers were very friendly, cordial, didn't put into pressure or stress...very much professional..

I told Best in Industry and got 70% hike from my previous company. PwC offers more than industry standard for talented guys...

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

PwC has come to our campus for recruiting. The actually interview process was different from what was mentioned in the placement website. The first round was a GD round. Here, it is important that one participates and makes contribution in terms of a new perspective or elaborates/ analyses someone else's perspective. The next round was a telephonic interview. My experience of the telephonic interview was not very good. I almost understood the result after that round. To my surprise, the company waitlisted my application though.

Interview Questions
    • Contray to what was expected (based on what other people had mentioned about their experience), there were a few actual technical questions based on programming languages and technology strategy for banking sector etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Manager interview, followed by Associate Director/ Executive Director, and then HR. It is better to have your CV forwarded through an internal reference.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but you should - there are salary disparities at the same experience and rank.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico City (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

The initial contact was through one professor which is the former Advisory Director Partner of PwC Mexico. A first interview with HR took place. Two more interviews followed later, one with a Senior Manager of a service line and a the last one with the Partner of service line just for approval.

Interview Questions
    • Explain me the main feature when allocating indirect cost in an ABC costing system   Answer Question
    No able to negotiate

Consultant Interview

First round interview is a traditional numerical test. Reading and interpreting graphs and then calculate the correct answer. Also included true, false or can not be answered-questions.

Also some tests of reading abilites, which are in the local language. Short texts discussing different topics, such as economics, technology and scientific findings.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary really. Some time pressure, but that's all.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

A senior manager and a senior consultant conducted the interview. The senior manager had a evaluation form from HR department. All were behavior questions. There is only one question is about my technical background. As they were hiring banking IT auditor, they need people with IT and banking system knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • As a software engineer in Oracle, why you want to join PwC?   Answer Question

Considering the working environment of big 4 in China.

Consultant Interview

Resume shortlisting, group discussion and then one personal interview. Resume shortlisting had grade criteria, group discussion was extremely easy as the problem statement was comprehensible (not abstract). structure was: 5 mins to understand the problem, 20 to discuss and then 5 mins to conclude. Interview was entirely case study as expected.

Interview Questions
    • how can a company make vendors sell its product more without giving him any benefit to do so.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Technical Round - Basic Technical Question on technology worked on and project details (challenged faced how overcome and technology details)
    Partner Round - To check if fit for job just to check your dedication towards job and kiness joining firm and communication skills
    HR Round - Negotiation on salary