PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.9

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Technical Round - Basic Technical Question on technology worked on and project details (challenged faced how overcome and technology details)
Partner Round - To check if fit for job just to check your dedication towards job and kiness joining firm and communication skills
HR Round - Negotiation on salary

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

Written exam (Verbal and Logical Aptitude) (questions were mostly testing verbal abilities like grammar and all and then quantitative abilities as it happens for most MBA entrance examinations)
    Interview by a Principal Consultant (This was a technical round testing JAVA and data structures knowledge)
    Interview by a Partner (HR round)

Interview Questions
    • Data Strucutre questions like explaining some algorithms of trees and linked lists and some JAVA questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Campus Placement- Began with written aptitude test followed by HR interview and then telephonic interview with a partner. They asked me basic questions about myself and also what diffrentiated me from others and what i knew about ERP.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiated me from others? why do you want to join PWC?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roorkee (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2008.

In the campus hiring there was 1st a CV short listing from a pool of applicants, followed by a aptitude test containing - english, reasoning and maths ques. After this round there were two rounds of interviews - techinical (taken by a principal consultant - in my case it was telephonic) and HR (the person visiting the campus)

Interview Questions
    • my interview was in 2007 as I completed my engineering. As far as I remember I was asked a business case question about a bank which wants to setup its services in a new city and various questions around it. e.g. what aspects would you consider? 3Cs etc.   Answer Question
    As this was a campus selection, there was little to no scope for negotiating. Moreover, the detailed salary structure and other bits and pieces were known late after a final offer which arrived much later (3-4 months) just before the induction start date.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

1. General Aptitude Test
    2. Shortlisted candidates directly appear in front of personal interview board where general very simple questions are asked, for eg: give intro, why do you want to come here etc [interview experience may vary with academic CGPAs]

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2012.

Telephone interview with case component with Senior Consultant if successful 1 on 1 with an Associate Director which is also heavily case oriented.

Interview Questions
    • How would you advise a major retailer to increase bottom line.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Written aptitude test, gd - abstract topic, interview - hr and stress

No negotiation possible atal

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Basic interview questions
    Strenghts,weaknesses
    Why interested in the job position
    Why want to work at PwC
    What can your bring to the team

Interview Questions
    No,advice for others you can certainly negotiate based on market evaluation of salaries.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Saw the ad online, applied, got an appointment for a face2face interview. atmosphere was good.
    I explained my CV and the interviewer asked me some questions about PwC, strengts and weekness, work experience/ internships, responsibilies

Interview Questions
    • How to value financial assets (derivates, deferred liabilities)   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview was basically on academics and previous work -ex. Simple questions to test the aptitude and common HR questions like why do u want to join the company