PwC Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.8

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process is very fast. There are two rounds. - First is telephonic with the HR. The interview with HR is general - 1) Walk thorough of Resume 2) Why you want to leave current employer 3) Why PWC. 4) How much do you get compensated currently 5) What are your expectation - Second is, office visit, with 3 different Managers and Sr. Managers with each interview being 45 min long. For the 2nd round, be prepared for lot of situation questions, you can find all of them on Glassdoor interview questions for PWC. For me the 1st 45 min interview was with Sr. Manager. She asked me technical questions about accounting and auditing - 1) What audit areas have you worked on 2) What was the most difficult testing area and how did you manage it 3) How do you perform substantive testing 3) Walk me through one of the Balance Sheet account substantive testing and what kind of document support would you request to complete the testings 4) Difference between GAAP and IFRS 5) Have you worked with people from diverse cultures. The 2nd interview was with Sr. Manager, it was general questions. She was more interested in knowing more about me, am I career focused, what are my goals in life, what value can I add to PWC. The 3rd was with Manager, this was more situation - 1) How will you handle a touch client/ supervisor 2) One time you stood up on your views 3) Any tools you implemented which helped the team 4) What other activities do you participate in etc. There is not much negotiation once you receive an offer. They compensation is very standard as per the industry level.

Interview Questions

• The Interview Process is very fast. There are two rounds. - First is telephonic with the HR. The interview with HR is general - 1) Walk thorough of Resume 2) Why you want to leave current employer 3) Why PWC. 4) How much do you get compensated currently 5) What are your expectation - Second is, office visit, with 3 different Managers and Sr. Managers with each interview being 45 min long. For the 2nd round, be prepared for lot of situation questions, you can find all of them on Glassdoor interview questions for PWC. For me the 1st 45 min interview was with Sr. Manager. She asked me technical questions about accounting and auditing - 1) What audit areas have you worked on 2) What was the most difficult testing area and how did you manage it 3) How do you perform substantive testing 3) Walk me through one of the Balance Sheet account substantive testing and what kind of document support would you request to complete the testings 4) Difference between GAAP and IFRS 5) Have you worked with people from diverse cultures. The 2nd interview was with Sr. Manager, it was general questions. She was more interested in knowing more about me, am I career focused, what are my goals in life, what value can I add to PWC. The 3rd was with Manager, this was more situation - 1) How will you handle a touch client/ supervisor 2) One time you stood up on your views 3) Any tools you implemented which helped the team 4) What other activities do you participate in etc.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, fulfilling, and very informative. The staff was great and very knowledgeable of the process, company background, and the requirements for the role. The environment was friendly and quiet, nicely setup for an interview. I was very appreciative of the time and efforts taken to make sure each candidate was comfortable and was well informed about each process of the interview.

Incident Response Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

External recruiter contact, phone interview with internal staffer, telephone screen with potential manager, traveled to Dallas for face to face interview with Director, Managing Director, and Partner, and quick discussion with senior team manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were less technical and more towards personality, situation resolution, questions regarding background and what would I bring to the table, career aspirations, and had informal discussions.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief on-campus interview with a partner, followed by an office visit. The office visit included a dinner, a night at a hotel, and then a day of interviews consisting of meeting with a partner, a senior manager, and several senior associates. Received an offer a few days later. The interviews were all very conversational and included discussions on current business and international economic topics, as well as about my own experiences and plans.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

information session on campus, apply online, 3 essays required, one of the essays is about "describe a challenge time", campus interview, 1 to 1 interview, senior manager, questions are about your resume, your experience,

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are based on your resume, time management skill, communication skill   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process involved two back to back behavioral interviews that were each 30 minutes. First I went in and talked to one person. Then i went in and talked to the other.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to learn a new computer program.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

This was for the Senior Associate Intern position within the M&A Advisory group. The first round consisted of 2 1X1 interviews on campus. Both were behavioral. Within four days of the first round, I was invited for the second round of interviews on their Dallas, TX campus. 48 hours prior to the second round(super day), I received a case that I was supposed to solve and present for one of the rounds for the final day interview. On the day of the final round, we were greeted in the morning and given a total of 6 questions and 45 minutes to work on our presentation which we would make to Director within the respective groups that we were interviewing for. Brace yourselves, 45 minutes is very less time if you are not pre-prepared with your analysis. Other than the case presentation, the super day consists of 2 other interviews, mostly situational/behavioral. Overall the entire interview process was very enriching and it seemed like they were looking for the best candidates to place in front of clients. After the interviews they mostly seem to have quick deliberation and turn arounds. My final round was on a Friday and I received the phone call with an offer on Monday morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a standard offer for Management Consulting interns across US. No negotiation necessary.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke at length with recruiter before traveling to Dallas to speak with Partner and team. I've been interviewing people for a long time and I know when I flubbed and interview or knocked it out of the park. I knocked this one out of the park. I even got into solutioning a problem with one of the interviewers who said they'd never looked at it that way. When I arrived I got the sensation someone was just checking a box to hire a candidate they already had in mind. Ultimately, I feel I didn't get an offer because I was not the correct ethnicity or gender. Of course there is no way to prove such a thing. I just know I gave a very good interview and was well suited and qualified for the role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a solution on the spot. Somewhat unorthodox but if you know your stuff, it's manageable. Not a trend I like because of course every problem has many solutions. Providing one risks alienating an interviewer who might not see things the way you do and may be sensitive to having their ideas challenged.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The entire process was well-structured and they relayed information well. Applied through my university and got an invitation for an on-campus 1-on-1 interview, with a Top Golf Pre-Interview networking event the night before my Friday interview. Received an email the following Monday saying I got an office visit for that coming Friday. The interview consisted of 2 behaviorals and 1 case interview, for which you were given the case beforehand. Nothing too unexpected.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you keep up with the latest news and business trends and tell me about a couple interesting articles/events you have read about recently.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university's online recruiting system. After approximately one week, PwC emailed me about interviewing on campus. My on campus interview was a one-on-one interview with an assurance director. The interview was laidback, she talked about the role she served within the firm, what my responsibilities would be as an associate, and asked me a few behavioral questions. Unfortunately, I did not receive a second round interview; however, it was a decent interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral - - Tell me about a type you worked on a group project and one of the members was not doing their portion of the work, how did you and the rest of the group address and resolve this issue?   Answer Question