PwC Director Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Very long and laborous. Need to limit the amount of interviewers and time to interview. There were many people met with and they did not have a solid understanding of the position or what my skillset entailed. Need a deeper dive in to the interviewers qualifications.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Typical process whereby you meet with a few Partners and an HR Manager

Director Interview

experienced rcruitment and then formal onboarding

Interview Questions
    • why are you leaving your place of work   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Recruiters were not very knowledgeable or responsive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Phone interview with a few Directors. Met in person with Managing Director and finally Partner. Process was quick if you know your stuff and people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in May 2011.

As an experience hire, I was recruited directly from a partner of the firm and went through a multi-step interview process. I first met with the recruiting partner. Then I had a meeting with five partners an directors in the office. I then had a meeting with the practice leader who would be my supervisor. The entire process took a couple months.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers asked canned questions which tend to be difficult, but are predictable. Be prepared state what you perceive as your weaknesses, and when you were asked to solve a problem or provider leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2011.

The procecss took some time to schedule. One the face to face interview was conducted, I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the action and impact of one of the most significant projects.   Answer Question
    No. I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2011.

Since I was applying for a Director position I had to go through five different interviews with five different partners. All of the interviews have been done by phone (since I was oversea at that time) and I also used a recommendation letter from my partners in the old home office.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you will do business development given that you do not have any relationships in this market ?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Getting in as a Director is extremely difficult unless you are bringing in tangible book of business

Interview Questions
    • How do you intend to develop $5M in sales in the next couple of years   View Answer
    Do not negotiate on salary - may be on location and sign on bonus.