PwC Director Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Long and needlessly complicated process but they did get through it on their time table. Professional HR personnel but getting the interviews lined up proved to be difficult. They admitted that I was probable overqualified but that did not matter on the pay side of things.

Interview Questions

• They made an offer, expected no counter offer and wanted an exceptance within a 24 hour period. I told them I had other offers as well and was very open and honest.   Answer Question

I had other and better offers

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Interview

Very long and laborous. Need to limit the amount of interviewers and time to interview. There were many people met with and they did not have a solid understanding of the position or what my skillset entailed. Need a deeper dive in to the interviewers qualifications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a one day interview process with directors and partners. They said they were aggressively hiring and that Chicago is an exporter of talent so it would require significant travel.

Director Interview

Interview

Typical process whereby you meet with a few Partners and an HR Manager

Director Interview

Interview

experienced rcruitment and then formal onboarding

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your place of work   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview

Recruiters were not very knowledgeable or responsive

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with a few Directors. Met in person with Managing Director and finally Partner. Process was quick if you know your stuff and people.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

As an experience hire, I was recruited directly from a partner of the firm and went through a multi-step interview process. I first met with the recruiting partner. Then I had a meeting with five partners an directors in the office. I then had a meeting with the practice leader who would be my supervisor. The entire process took a couple months.

Interview Questions

• Some of the interviewers asked canned questions which tend to be difficult, but are predictable. Be prepared state what you perceive as your weaknesses, and when you were asked to solve a problem or provider leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The procecss took some time to schedule. One the face to face interview was conducted, I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe the action and impact of one of the most significant projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Since I was applying for a Director position I had to go through five different interviews with five different partners. All of the interviews have been done by phone (since I was oversea at that time) and I also used a recommendation letter from my partners in the old home office.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will do business development given that you do not have any relationships in this market ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate