PwC Experienced Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two HR screening interviews and then one phone interview with Senior Manager. Invited to in office interviews where I interviewed with 3 people (Manager, Sr Manager and Director level). Interview questions included Skills Assessment and the usual background questions. There was no case study but the director presented a challenging set of questions in the Tell me a time when... format. I interviewed with multiple top 5 consulting firms and PwC was the most positive experience. Interviewers were respectful of time and offered a lot of information on the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on previous experience (tell me a time when...). These were the toughest questions but should not be an issue for anyone who has prepared well for the interview.   Answer Question

After in office interviews, I was presented an offer. However, the offer was contingent upon the official signing of a contract (this was not mentioned during the interview process). I had to wait for 3 weeks for the written offer to be sent to me but the contract was still not signed. I waited 3 more weeks and delayed a decision on another offer but ultimately decided I could not give up the other offer as it was significantly more salary.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

If you have the experience, and you don't get a call, it's usually timing. PwC is always in need of talent. So if at first you don't succeed, follow up, try again, try with other contacts, do what you must. PwC employees have an incentive to recruit. Reach out to any sort of contact you have, sell yourself to your contact, and they will push you to HR... if you've got it. Once in the door, first round is usually with recruiting, possible phone interview, then onto specific industry and market team HR managers potentially a phone interview also. After that you likely have 2 rounds, a senior manager or partner for both rounds. At that level, you have the best and brightest in the game interviewing you. They are going to ask you a bit about your experience, but that won’t be a focus. Your attitude, personality, character, sociability..that’s what they are looking for. Get your story together, practice in front of a mirror, dress sharp, think smart, and present yourself. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Be an interesting person, bring that to the interview. They are trying to get to know you.You can control that. If you can't than that's where the unexpected questions are coming from.   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Interview

First a phone interview and then an office visit that consists of 3 interviews. The office visit would have an HR representative, a manager and a partner to conduct your interviews separately. HR personnel would ask behavior question. Manager would ask technical questions. Partner would ask questions like why you would want to join PwC, what are your long-term goals etc..

Interview Questions

• What would your old firm think of if you tell them your leaving the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

phone screening with HR, phone interview with a manager, and 3 rounds of 45 mins on-site interviews on the same day with 2 managers, and one partner. Received offer in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your project experience from your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I attended a university recruiting session and dropped my resume. Within about a month they called me for a first round behavioral interview. The interview was one on one with one of the senior level managers in the advisory practice. The next business day I received a notice that I was accepted for a final round interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite job you've held in the past?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview

Had the initial phone screen and multiple face-to-face interviews, then filled out an online profile with all my work experience. There was a background check, no drug screen, btu a credit check. Then degree verification which took somewhat long.

Interview Questions

• Asked about client service experience, working in Microsoft office, working with teams and general financial services knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Referred by a friend, there are 2 stages, 1 is phone interview with the HR recruiter, then is coming in to do the interview a week after. Interviewed with 4 people who were all very nice and asked about my previous job experience, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficulties did you encounter in the last job?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Received a phone call asking for some basic backgrounds. Caller seemed rude and cold on the phone call. Basically asked everything that was on the CV like they haven't even looked it. Can hear from voice that the caller just wanted to get the job done and move on. Had no interest what so ever in the candidate