PwC

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Experienced Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call from a company recruiter approx. two weeks after applying; with in one week I spoke with a manager over the phone and then an office interview two weeks after that. The office interview was with three managers and one partner. I was expecting it to be a stressful and hard process however everyone was very laid back and down to earth. I meet with each manager and partner one on one for 30 minuets. I found that each person asked similar behavioral questions, and shared their own background. I got the feeling that the interview was not just about my ability and technical background, but an opportunity to see if I would fit in with the team. They read my resume, I could tell by the questions they asked and I would advice anyone to have answers ready for their background. They also wanted me to ask them question; I asked their opinion on technical aspects of PCAOB and SOX 404 and they seemed like that. Over all the interview process was a very good one, feed back was given very quickly and everyone I meet with was very attentive and kind.

Interview Question – Due to preparation I didn't feel their were any unexpected questions. For anyone who is interviewing please prepare and be ready for anything.   Answer Question

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Usually 3 rounds of interviews (phone is first round, then usually 2 at the office on the same day).

Negotiation Details – Not negotiation.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – One day at the office with 2 interviews. A partner and a senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing was really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much or any wiggle room.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Possibly to explain your audit approach for a significant account. eg. Fixed Assets   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – In person interview with two managers and a partner. Interviews were laid back and focused on my personal experience. Very little was spent on future/goals.

Interview Question – How do you believe ____ experience on your resume will be helpful in this line of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All entry-level jobs were at the same pay.

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview lasted 30 minutes, which lead to an all-day interview invitation (and dinner the previous night). The all-day included introductory sessions with a broad range of firm staffs, one-on-ones with four staff members (from Senior up to Partner), and lunch with younger staff members. Within a day or so, you'll get a call with an offer. They move fast.

Interview Question – "Please explain how a database and data warehouse work"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are coming in as a campus hire, you're not going to have much negotiating leeway. The good news is that PwC offers more within their market than the other Big 3, and they use that knowledge to cut off the bargaining process. You have more flexibility with another offer in hand and make sure to share that knowledge.

Experienced Audit Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Took a while to get the in-person interview set up, due to scheduling difficulties. Overall the process was quick after the in person interview, and received a verbal offer over the phone the same day.

Interview Question – What are the domains of the COBIT framework?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inquire if

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited on campus during my 3rd year of school. I attended a summer leadership program during July at the local office I was interviewing at and then accepted an internship starting in January. I was officially interviewed for the position in September on campus.

Interview Question – PwC doesn't usually throw difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. They use the interview as a chance to connect and make sure the candidate has people skills and can converse with a normal human being.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations when starting with PwC as far as salary goes when you're a campus hire. Everyone comes in at the same base and then raises/bonuses will vary based on your annual rating.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume in the system, recruiter approached me for position.

Interview Question – How do you see the trend in finance market?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The hiring and the interview process is one of the best in the world. Please be your self and make sure you are community focused, friendly and say hi to everyone you meet in the office they may have a say in your employment decision. Don't talk stupidly when you go out to lunch, be appropriate in your outfit, talk wisely and be considerate of others and show respect to everyone.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You are given an offer and it is either you accept or reject it.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!