PwC Experienced Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2014.

I was referred by an internal employee. Two weeks after completing the online application, a recruiter manager contacted me for a phone screening interview. One week after, I had an interview with an Senior Assurance Manager. The following week, a recruiting manager contacted me to set up an on-site interview with another Assurance Manager, and HR Manager. After the on-site interview, a partner called me for a brief screening interview.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call from a company recruiter approx. two weeks after applying; with in one week I spoke with a manager over the phone and then an office interview two weeks after that. The office interview was with three managers and one partner. I was expecting it to be a stressful and hard process however everyone was very laid back and down to earth. I meet with each manager and partner one on one for 30 minuets. I found that each person asked similar behavioral questions, and shared their own background. I got the feeling that the interview was not just about my ability and technical background, but an opportunity to see if I would fit in with the team. They read my resume, I could tell by the questions they asked and I would advice anyone to have answers ready for their background. They also wanted me to ask them question; I asked their opinion on technical aspects of PCAOB and SOX 404 and they seemed like that. Over all the interview process was a very good one, feed back was given very quickly and everyone I meet with was very attentive and kind.

Interview Questions
    • Due to preparation I didn't feel their were any unexpected questions. For anyone who is interviewing please prepare and be ready for anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Possibly to explain your audit approach for a significant account. eg. Fixed Assets   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

In person interview with two managers and a partner. Interviews were laid back and focused on my personal experience. Very little was spent on future/goals.

Interview Questions
    • How do you believe ____ experience on your resume will be helpful in this line of work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All entry-level jobs were at the same pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Online application - initial phone acreening with a recruiter asking really basic qualification questions, no big deal, 20 mins at most - invitation to office interview during which one senior manager and one partner (separately) will meet with the applicant - interview questions are not too difficult, no technical questions, mostly behavioral - generally within 48 hours, if there's an offer, they will notify the applicant via phone

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of you have to manage a project with time constraint   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Took a while to get the in-person interview set up, due to scheduling difficulties. Overall the process was quick after the in person interview, and received a verbal offer over the phone the same day.

Inquire if

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

One day at the office with 2 interviews. A partner and a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    Not much or any wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC.

The hiring and the interview process is one of the best in the world. Please be your self and make sure you are community focused, friendly and say hi to everyone you meet in the office they may have a say in your employment decision. Don't talk stupidly when you go out to lunch, be appropriate in your outfit, talk wisely and be considerate of others and show respect to everyone.

There was no negotiation. You are given an offer and it is either you accept or reject it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Submitted my resume in the system, recruiter approached me for position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in February 2011.

On campus interview lasted 30 minutes, which lead to an all-day interview invitation (and dinner the previous night). The all-day included introductory sessions with a broad range of firm staffs, one-on-ones with four staff members (from Senior up to Partner), and lunch with younger staff members. Within a day or so, you'll get a call with an offer. They move fast.

Interview Questions
    • "Please explain how a database and data warehouse work"   View Answer
    If you are coming in as a campus hire, you're not going to have much negotiating leeway. The good news is that PwC offers more within their market than the other Big 3, and they use that knowledge to cut off the bargaining process. You have more flexibility with another offer in hand and make sure to share that knowledge.