PwC Experienced Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.5

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

First round is about 20-30 minutes phone interview with HR. Then I got into second round which is a phone interview with their manager and took about 40 minutes. Basically behavioral questions focusing on leadership skills, maintain relationship, teamwork, giving feedback, etc. Then about a week later, HR follow up with me to set up an office interview.

Interview Questions

• What to do to maintain good relationship with clients?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

the process went very fast. I think may be because i had worked for the firm previously. i would say it was easy to average. they asked about CPA status and previous experience like every other interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical question, although they asked about how 'audits are performed' in general.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

1. HR interview 2. manager 3. partner. I got the interview opportunity through another manager referral, so I got feedback of recruiter real quick, just 1 day after that manager post the referral. They make a date for me to do the interview, and the I wait one and half week to get the final interview date. I don't know why I don't do a office interview, and I just did the webcast interview at my home with suit dress up but without formal pants, which is interesting.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. Two weeks after completing the online application, a recruiter manager contacted me for a phone screening interview. One week after, I had an interview with an Senior Assurance Manager. The following week, a recruiting manager contacted me to set up an on-site interview with another Assurance Manager, and HR Manager. After the on-site interview, a partner called me for a brief screening interview.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter which set up an initial phone screen to go over why I was looking to leave my current firm and asked me what industries I would be interested in, he then had to apply specifically to the industry specific positions on their website, which then led to a phone interview with an HR manager who went over the audit team and the industry I had applied for and finally a face to face interview with the HR Partner who went over more of the day to day responsibilities of the job.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a company recruiter approx. two weeks after applying; with in one week I spoke with a manager over the phone and then an office interview two weeks after that. The office interview was with three managers and one partner. I was expecting it to be a stressful and hard process however everyone was very laid back and down to earth. I meet with each manager and partner one on one for 30 minuets. I found that each person asked similar behavioral questions, and shared their own background. I got the feeling that the interview was not just about my ability and technical background, but an opportunity to see if I would fit in with the team. They read my resume, I could tell by the questions they asked and I would advice anyone to have answers ready for their background. They also wanted me to ask them question; I asked their opinion on technical aspects of PCAOB and SOX 404 and they seemed like that. Over all the interview process was a very good one, feed back was given very quickly and everyone I meet with was very attentive and kind.

Interview Questions

• Due to preparation I didn't feel their were any unexpected questions. For anyone who is interviewing please prepare and be ready for anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

• Possibly to explain your audit approach for a significant account. eg. Fixed Assets   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

In person interview with two managers and a partner. Interviews were laid back and focused on my personal experience. Very little was spent on future/goals.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe ____ experience on your resume will be helpful in this line of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. All entry-level jobs were at the same pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Online application - initial phone acreening with a recruiter asking really basic qualification questions, no big deal, 20 mins at most - invitation to office interview during which one senior manager and one partner (separately) will meet with the applicant - interview questions are not too difficult, no technical questions, mostly behavioral - generally within 48 hours, if there's an offer, they will notify the applicant via phone

Interview Questions

• Give an example of you have to manage a project with time constraint   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Took a while to get the in-person interview set up, due to scheduling difficulties. Overall the process was quick after the in person interview, and received a verbal offer over the phone the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inquire if