PwC Experienced Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

After a phone screening, i had two interviews with two separate partners in one day. Not intimidating; actually very, very open! Was later called and asked about interest in joining a different industry grouping than partners I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a difficult client encounter and how did you resolve or diffuse the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process is very fast. There are two rounds. - First is telephonic with the HR. The interview with HR is general - 1) Walk thorough of Resume 2) Why you want to leave current employer 3) Why PWC. 4) How much do you get compensated currently 5) What are your expectation - Second is, office visit, with 3 different Managers and Sr. Managers with each interview being 45 min long. For the 2nd round, be prepared for lot of situation questions, you can find all of them on Glassdoor interview questions for PWC. For me the 1st 45 min interview was with Sr. Manager. She asked me technical questions about accounting and auditing - 1) What audit areas have you worked on 2) What was the most difficult testing area and how did you manage it 3) How do you perform substantive testing 3) Walk me through one of the Balance Sheet account substantive testing and what kind of document support would you request to complete the testings 4) Difference between GAAP and IFRS 5) Have you worked with people from diverse cultures. The 2nd interview was with Sr. Manager, it was general questions. She was more interested in knowing more about me, am I career focused, what are my goals in life, what value can I add to PWC. The 3rd was with Manager, this was more situation - 1) How will you handle a touch client/ supervisor 2) One time you stood up on your views 3) Any tools you implemented which helped the team 4) What other activities do you participate in etc. There is not much negotiation once you receive an offer. They compensation is very standard as per the industry level.

Interview Questions

• The Interview Process is very fast. There are two rounds. - First is telephonic with the HR. The interview with HR is general - 1) Walk thorough of Resume 2) Why you want to leave current employer 3) Why PWC. 4) How much do you get compensated currently 5) What are your expectation - Second is, office visit, with 3 different Managers and Sr. Managers with each interview being 45 min long. For the 2nd round, be prepared for lot of situation questions, you can find all of them on Glassdoor interview questions for PWC. For me the 1st 45 min interview was with Sr. Manager. She asked me technical questions about accounting and auditing - 1) What audit areas have you worked on 2) What was the most difficult testing area and how did you manage it 3) How do you perform substantive testing 3) Walk me through one of the Balance Sheet account substantive testing and what kind of document support would you request to complete the testings 4) Difference between GAAP and IFRS 5) Have you worked with people from diverse cultures. The 2nd interview was with Sr. Manager, it was general questions. She was more interested in knowing more about me, am I career focused, what are my goals in life, what value can I add to PWC. The 3rd was with Manager, this was more situation - 1) How will you handle a touch client/ supervisor 2) One time you stood up on your views 3) Any tools you implemented which helped the team 4) What other activities do you participate in etc.   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First round is about 20-30 minutes phone interview with HR. Then I got into second round which is a phone interview with their manager and took about 40 minutes. Basically behavioral questions focusing on leadership skills, maintain relationship, teamwork, giving feedback, etc. Then about a week later, HR follow up with me to set up an office interview.

Interview Questions

• What to do to maintain good relationship with clients?   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

the process went very fast. I think may be because i had worked for the firm previously. i would say it was easy to average. they asked about CPA status and previous experience like every other interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical question, although they asked about how 'audits are performed' in general.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

1. HR interview 2. manager 3. partner. I got the interview opportunity through another manager referral, so I got feedback of recruiter real quick, just 1 day after that manager post the referral. They make a date for me to do the interview, and the I wait one and half week to get the final interview date. I don't know why I don't do a office interview, and I just did the webcast interview at my home with suit dress up but without formal pants, which is interesting.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. Two weeks after completing the online application, a recruiter manager contacted me for a phone screening interview. One week after, I had an interview with an Senior Assurance Manager. The following week, a recruiting manager contacted me to set up an on-site interview with another Assurance Manager, and HR Manager. After the on-site interview, a partner called me for a brief screening interview.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter which set up an initial phone screen to go over why I was looking to leave my current firm and asked me what industries I would be interested in, he then had to apply specifically to the industry specific positions on their website, which then led to a phone interview with an HR manager who went over the audit team and the industry I had applied for and finally a face to face interview with the HR Partner who went over more of the day to day responsibilities of the job.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a company recruiter approx. two weeks after applying; with in one week I spoke with a manager over the phone and then an office interview two weeks after that. The office interview was with three managers and one partner. I was expecting it to be a stressful and hard process however everyone was very laid back and down to earth. I meet with each manager and partner one on one for 30 minuets. I found that each person asked similar behavioral questions, and shared their own background. I got the feeling that the interview was not just about my ability and technical background, but an opportunity to see if I would fit in with the team. They read my resume, I could tell by the questions they asked and I would advice anyone to have answers ready for their background. They also wanted me to ask them question; I asked their opinion on technical aspects of PCAOB and SOX 404 and they seemed like that. Over all the interview process was a very good one, feed back was given very quickly and everyone I meet with was very attentive and kind.

Interview Questions

• Due to preparation I didn't feel their were any unexpected questions. For anyone who is interviewing please prepare and be ready for anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

• Possibly to explain your audit approach for a significant account. eg. Fixed Assets   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

In person interview with two managers and a partner. Interviews were laid back and focused on my personal experience. Very little was spent on future/goals.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe ____ experience on your resume will be helpful in this line of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. All entry-level jobs were at the same pay.