PwC

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – One day at the office with 2 interviews. A partner and a senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing was really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much or any wiggle room.

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Possibly to explain your audit approach for a significant account. eg. Fixed Assets   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – In person interview with two managers and a partner. Interviews were laid back and focused on my personal experience. Very little was spent on future/goals.

Interview Question – How do you believe ____ experience on your resume will be helpful in this line of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All entry-level jobs were at the same pay.

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview lasted 30 minutes, which lead to an all-day interview invitation (and dinner the previous night). The all-day included introductory sessions with a broad range of firm staffs, one-on-ones with four staff members (from Senior up to Partner), and lunch with younger staff members. Within a day or so, you'll get a call with an offer. They move fast.

Interview Question – "Please explain how a database and data warehouse work"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are coming in as a campus hire, you're not going to have much negotiating leeway. The good news is that PwC offers more within their market than the other Big 3, and they use that knowledge to cut off the bargaining process. You have more flexibility with another offer in hand and make sure to share that knowledge.

Experienced Audit Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Took a while to get the in-person interview set up, due to scheduling difficulties. Overall the process was quick after the in person interview, and received a verbal offer over the phone the same day.

Interview Question – What are the domains of the COBIT framework?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inquire if

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited on campus during my 3rd year of school. I attended a summer leadership program during July at the local office I was interviewing at and then accepted an internship starting in January. I was officially interviewed for the position in September on campus.

Interview Question – PwC doesn't usually throw difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. They use the interview as a chance to connect and make sure the candidate has people skills and can converse with a normal human being.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations when starting with PwC as far as salary goes when you're a campus hire. Everyone comes in at the same base and then raises/bonuses will vary based on your annual rating.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume in the system, recruiter approached me for position.

Interview Question – How do you see the trend in finance market?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The hiring and the interview process is one of the best in the world. Please be your self and make sure you are community focused, friendly and say hi to everyone you meet in the office they may have a say in your employment decision. Don't talk stupidly when you go out to lunch, be appropriate in your outfit, talk wisely and be considerate of others and show respect to everyone.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You are given an offer and it is either you accept or reject it.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by two HR managers who conducted phone interviews and based on the outcome invited me for an in person interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with two managers who asked me a wide range of questions regarding my experience, my goals, and why I wanted to work for PwC. Additionally, I interviewed with a Partner and the head of HR for the Financial Services department who additionally asked me the same type of questions mentioned above.

Interview Question – Why PwC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Experienced Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on campus.

Interview Question – there weren't any difficult questions. They asked me about my college experience, what I am interested to do, what do I like to do on my free time....etc they just want to see if you going to be a good fit for the firm.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the salary is almost the same across the big 4. If your GPA is above 3.75 you can negotiate to get a few more thousands. But the vacation is only 3 weeks. KPMG offers 5 weeks of vacation!

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Experienced Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.