PwC Experienced Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

I was referred by an internal employee. Two weeks after completing the online application, a recruiter manager contacted me for a phone screening interview. One week after, I had an interview with an Senior Assurance Manager. The following week, a recruiting manager contacted me to set up an on-site interview with another Assurance Manager, and HR Manager. After the on-site interview, a partner called me for a brief screening interview.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call from a company recruiter approx. two weeks after applying; with in one week I spoke with a manager over the phone and then an office interview two weeks after that. The office interview was with three managers and one partner. I was expecting it to be a stressful and hard process however everyone was very laid back and down to earth. I meet with each manager and partner one on one for 30 minuets. I found that each person asked similar behavioral questions, and shared their own background. I got the feeling that the interview was not just about my ability and technical background, but an opportunity to see if I would fit in with the team. They read my resume, I could tell by the questions they asked and I would advice anyone to have answers ready for their background. They also wanted me to ask them question; I asked their opinion on technical aspects of PCAOB and SOX 404 and they seemed like that. Over all the interview process was a very good one, feed back was given very quickly and everyone I meet with was very attentive and kind.

Interview Questions
    • Due to preparation I didn't feel their were any unexpected questions. For anyone who is interviewing please prepare and be ready for anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Usually 3 rounds of interviews (phone is first round, then usually 2 at the office on the same day).

Not negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

One day at the office with 2 interviews. A partner and a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    Not much or any wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Possibly to explain your audit approach for a significant account. eg. Fixed Assets   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

In person interview with two managers and a partner. Interviews were laid back and focused on my personal experience. Very little was spent on future/goals.

Interview Questions
    • How do you believe ____ experience on your resume will be helpful in this line of work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All entry-level jobs were at the same pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

On campus interview lasted 30 minutes, which lead to an all-day interview invitation (and dinner the previous night). The all-day included introductory sessions with a broad range of firm staffs, one-on-ones with four staff members (from Senior up to Partner), and lunch with younger staff members. Within a day or so, you'll get a call with an offer. They move fast.

Interview Questions
    • "Please explain how a database and data warehouse work"   View Answer
    If you are coming in as a campus hire, you're not going to have much negotiating leeway. The good news is that PwC offers more within their market than the other Big 3, and they use that knowledge to cut off the bargaining process. You have more flexibility with another offer in hand and make sure to share that knowledge.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Took a while to get the in-person interview set up, due to scheduling difficulties. Overall the process was quick after the in person interview, and received a verbal offer over the phone the same day.

Inquire if

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

I was recruited on campus during my 3rd year of school. I attended a summer leadership program during July at the local office I was interviewing at and then accepted an internship starting in January. I was officially interviewed for the position in September on campus.

Interview Questions
    • PwC doesn't usually throw difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. They use the interview as a chance to connect and make sure the candidate has people skills and can converse with a normal human being.   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations when starting with PwC as far as salary goes when you're a campus hire. Everyone comes in at the same base and then raises/bonuses will vary based on your annual rating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Submitted my resume in the system, recruiter approached me for position.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!