PwC

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

first phone call 30 minutes mostly competency questions. superday was 3 rounds of interviews with each interview focusing on a different area of competency and leadership skills. very relaxed atmosphere and try to impress you to want to work at pwc

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied to intern position via campus hiring online then received a phone call inviting the super day event. I was with candidates at superday and interviewed with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions
    • there is no difficult question, questions are straightforward   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

2 to 3 managerment team had an interview with me. it took 2 hours

No negotiation

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Initially applied through my school's career services website, and was invited for an on-campus interview shortly after. The interview was pretty conversational. I was only asked two questions directly, and they were both easy ones. The partner I interviewed with was most interested in hearing me talk about my resume directly rather than answering behavioral questions. About a week after my campus interview I received a call from the recruiter inviting me to Superday.

Interview Questions
    • Only two questions, rest of interview was conversation. 1. Tell me about a time when someone in your team was not pulling their weight, and how did you deal with it.
      2. Tell me about a time you were not able to meet a deadline.

Answer Question

Risk Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2012.

I applied through my schools career center. I was invited to one on campus interview. The next day, I was told I was invited to interview at a superday later that month. The superday was at PwC's Florham Park Office (the office I was interviewing for) and it consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Later that day, I received a phone call from a partner telling me that I had received an offer for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected. Very straightforward and mostly behavioral questions. Many of the questions revolved around leadership and teamwork.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

On-Campus Interview. Second round interview at office consisting of 3 interviews. HR Manager, Audit Manager, Audit Partner.

Summer Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

The process started with an online application through my school. The campus recruiters selected about 15 students to interview on-campus, both intern and full-time. Honestly, the on-campus interview was the most difficult interview of the entire process. It was pretty much a straight run through of my resume, but I know other interviewers asked more random questions. Regardless, be well prepared with questions to ask the interviewer.

The recruiters selected only a few students for an office visit (or as they call it "superday"). Day started at 9:00am and consisted of a basic presentation followed by a panel discussion (ask a question). The candidates are then paired with a host to take you to your interviews. There are three 30 minute interviews. The type of interview heavily depends on the interviewer. Two of my interviews were more relaxed, focused on trying to get to know me. The third interview was nearly all behavioral questions, but still nothing very difficult. Just have a lot of questions prepared. After the interviews, your host will take you to lunch. After, you are free to go. PwC says they will get back to you after two weeks, but most people hear well before that. I heard from them after three days.

Process really isn't anything to worry about, but I also did kind of over prepare. All of my interviewers throughout the entire process were laid back and very friendly. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just be prepared to talk about yourself, as well as prepare some answers to basic behavioral questions (teamwork, communication, leadership, prioritization/multitasking)   Answer Question
    no negotiation. They told me my hourly rate when they offered the position.

Start Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Met recruiters at numerous on-campus functions. 2 interviews -- Campus and Office. Performance in campus interview led to office interview. Campus interview was easy; it was mostly behavioral questions and questions on my resume. Office visit was a bit overwhelming when I walked in and saw all the other people interviewing, but we were eventually split up after a panel discussion. Office interviews were also somewhat easy; the hardest part was the anxiety leading up to the interview.

Interview Questions
    Was offered that night. There was no negotiation phase for the internship.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2011.

The process started with a PwC recruiter giving me a call, and asking me if I was interested in an opportunity at PwC. My resume was posted on Monster and Career builder, and tailored for a position completely irrelevant for what was being offered. The job sounded interesting though so I proceeded with the Interview process.

I came in one day and met with three people, one HR manager, one person who would have been my boss, and the partner of the group I would be involved with. The interviews went well taking about 1/2 hour each. At the end of the interviews I had a sense that the job may not be as interesting as I had first thought. I believe the interviewers felt the same way, but realized that I had a lot of technical knowledge that could be useful elsewhere.

I was called by the recruiter a few days after asking how the interviews went. I said they went well, and he mentioned that they might want to try me for a different position. We set up another interview for a few weeks later.

The next set of interviews were with 3 new people. One partner of the new group, and the two individuals I would be working with. This time I hit it off with everyone, and they thought I would be a great fit. I left on a high note, letting them know I looked forward to hearing from them.

A day later I received a call from the recruiter asking me if I wanted the job, then we started talking salary. I asked for a higher salary than they offered. The recruiter said he'd get back to me, either that day or a day later he accepted the amount I asked for and I started working with the company a few weeks later.

Systems and Process Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Well, I was referred to the firm by a friend that had accepted to work there full time and so my process was a little easier. My resume was sent to a recruiter, in which she called me back within a week or so. I did the phone interview and eventually got invited for the Superday Interview(3 separate one on one interviews). To appeal to the firm, I feel it is important to be well-rounded. They want someone with a good G.P.A and some sort of activity such as involvement in organizations or work. Moreover, the interviews are not really technical at all. Just strive to be yourself. As long as they like you and find you interesting, you are good to go. I feel the interviews are mainly conducted to figure out what type of person you are.