PwC

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Advisory Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details – A phone interview, then flown to Atlanta for final interview with three different Advisory managers. They first had me prepare a case, then present it to a manger. That was followed by two more interviews each 30 minutes with a different manager each time. Overall the process was well organized and pleasant.

Interview Question – Prepare a case having to do with the auto industry and present it to a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered $34 an hour, after some negotiating they went up by several dollars an hour.

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Friend contacted me with a recruiter. Emailed the recruiter and heard back the next day telling me to fill out the talent profile. After that I was given a set dates to choose to interview. The interview took 4 hours ( Two 30 minute behavioral and one 30 case study presentation, with an hour to preparem 1.5 hour panel). You are given the case study 48 hours in advance to prepare. then you make physical powerpoint slides the day of the interview. Behaviors were extremely informal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a different opinion in a group?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Internal Audit Manager in the Atlanta Risk Assurance group. Great HR support and fast communication and in office interview. They got back to me with a very resolvable offer within a week after the interview and noted that the offer will be extended the day after the office interview.

Interview Question – None. Very standard questions regarding previous experience and future goals   Answer Question

Advisory Technology Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process happened in 3 steps:
1) Campus interview - mostly to understand my resume and establish a good fit for the position
2) Phone interview with national recruiter - more technical questions, grilled about resume, behavioral based questions (e.g., "Tell me about a time when you failed" or "How did you resolve a conflict with a team member?")
3) On site interview (3 phases) - this was mainly to assess at a peer level, a management level, and a partner level if I'd be a good cultural fit for the specific team I'd be working for.

Interview Question – 1) Tell me about a time when you failed? How did you proceed after that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was a campus hire, I didn't have much leverage at all during the negotiation phase. I asked a few questions about bonus structure and market value, but it didn't really do much good.

Summer Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details – PwC was great about the interview process. I turned in my application through a campus recruiter, and heard back in around 3 weeks about a first round interview. A few days before the interview, we were given information about a reception that was optional- attend these! It's a great way to learn about the company and the culture and projects. Associates were incredibly welcoming and insightful. I appreciated their honest and enthusiasm.
First round was one behavioral interview- nothing crazy- mostly talking about my experiences, what i liked and disliked about consulting.
On Monday I was given offer for second interview that Friday. Was given a case for 48 hours and I would suggest reviewing that extensively. Have your notes and thoughts prepared for a presentation. Second round included 45 minutes to prepare for case interview, and then a combination of two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral were situational based and asking how my experiences related to consulting. They were very conversational and interviewers were interested in your experience and friendly.
Heard back about a week later.

Interview Question – What was a time that you mentored someone and that someone mentored you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still in negotiations, I told them I may have other offers and they are giving me a month to make a decision- pretty generous. And they want to work with me to answer any questions.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school and PwC for full time.
Pre-interview dinner with candidates and professionals from all practices.
First round interview was 45 minutes with a director-- behavioral and resume questions.
Got a call back three business days later for a second round invitation.
Thursday night dinner, each table consisted of three candidates and three professionals.
Three interviews on Friday morning consisted of a senior, a director, and a partner.
Breakfast, lunch, and office tour with a personal host.
Additional events in the afternoon to get to know PwC better.

Make sure to give the best impression to everyone you meet from the day you first express interest. Keep your campus recruiter updated with your continuing interest in PwC. Every person who says one good thing about you is another step closer. Try to connect with professionals in your field past just a 'thank you' email.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you did not perform to your expectation and your takeaways.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – On campus, the review process begins at the career fair, so first impressions matter. GPA and relevant experience are very important factors. We are also looking at personality and whether or not you know what Risk Assurance actually does (we like people who know what they want to do in their life). After the career fair, there are on the on-campus behavioral interview, followed by offer to on-site interview. If you do the on-site interview, know that you will be judged during your pre-interview dinner and by your host when you arrive - so always remain focused. The on-site interview is behavioral with managers, directors and a partner. Know that if you make it that far, they know your smart - they want to test your character and behavior.

Interview Question – During these interviews, I never saw any questions about technical skills or knowledge. If you make it to the interview, they know you meet the technical qualification. What distinguishes one big four company to another is its people. So in addition to being smart, you need to be personable and able to communicate comfortably in stressful moments. Some of the partners like to ask random questions about failures or difficulties you encountered to gauge how you work under pressure. Aside from that, its fairly routine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Risk Assurance is accept/reject. At the time there was no negotiation phase.

Data Assurance Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Interview Process consisted of 2 rounds. First round telephone interview and 2nd round office visit. Both rounds consisted of conversations with multiple people. The telephone interview was conducted by a Manager and Associate and the office visit consisted of 3 interviews that followed a 'Resume Blitz' style.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume for summer intern position through campus recruitment and was offered a on-campus interview with Partner a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 45 minutes in a conversation style and interviewer did not ask general questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses, what was the last time you worked on a group project and had a big disagreement with teammates, etc etc

Interview Question – Interviewer did not ask general questions you would normally be asked of during an interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Most interns get recruited from College campus events. Then you have an intital interview. You go on a office interview next. The interviews are very low key and are nothing to be worried about.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions. We just had converstations for the most part.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC interview questions and advice in Georgia. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.