PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Interview

Summer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – 2 stages for the interview and hiring process, one on campus and one in the Chicago office. The on the Chicago has 3 interviews while the one on campus is just a conversation with a partner.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time when you had to get someone to agree with you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interview. Passed the first interview that hosted on campus. The second interview hosted in Pwc chicago office. I had a prenight before the interview. I was very quite during the prenight. The second day, there are two interviews with a manager and a partner.

Interview Question – talk about your 3 strength and 3 weekness   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Intern Interview

PwC Assurance Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two 30 min. on campus interview with an HR manager and a partner. Then went to Chicago office for second (final) round for a pre-night dinner and 3 back to back 30 min. interviews the next day with manager, senior manager and a partner.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions, "What's your leadership style", "From your prior internship experience, which employers did you liked and which ones did you not like"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Audit Associate Interview

IT Audit Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – 3 round interview, first communicate with me through phone, then face to face interview, the third round interview is in their office. You need to have breakfast with staff to know about the company value, then 3 officer interview you. After that they will telephone you the result in few days.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a team member who don't want to work.   View Answer

FAS Advisory Interview

FAS Advisory
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On campus interview with a mix of behavior and technical questions. The interviewer asked about the part I wanted to discussed the most on the resume without asking to introduce myself. He asked some behavior questions about my experiences and built technical questions on top of that.

Interview Question – Technical questions are basic finance questions, but they can be tricky.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Inern Interview

Risk Assurance Inern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The interview was a two part affair 2 part deal. I first received an invitation to interview with PwC on campus, after submitting an application on my university's career services website. The on campus interview lasted 30 minutes and was all behavioral. T was notified the following day that I was invited for an office visit/second interview. At the office, I interviewed with a partnet and manager, both were conversational and behavioral in nature. I was confident in my interviews, but lose hope as it took 13 days to finally hear back. The partner i interviewed with at the office called me to personally say i was welcome to intern with the firm.

Interview Question – Name a time someone gave you coaching.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Two rounds; one case one behavioural

Interview Question – How can a international beverage company cut costs?   Answer Question

Transaction Services Valuation Associate Interview

Transaction Services Valuation Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Typical process like all Big 4 firms is to attend a ton of on campus events, network with individuals at the firm, and land on interview on campus. After the first round, you're invited to the office interviews for three more interviews with managers, directors, or partners. As with most companies, you need to constantly be aware that you're interviewing, as when I've been in the room for final deliberations on who actually gets the offer, if there are 2-3 individuals that have all proven they are hard-working, intelligent individuals, they will hire whoever was most social during the lunch and between interviews: you must be easy to talk to and show interest in the firm the entire time. Also, NEVER accidentally refer to PwC as any other Big 4 firm (had a guy that kept calling us KPMG...needless to say he did not receive an offer).

Interview Question – In the valuations group, I never received any difficult technical questions, but you should be prepared to answer the following:
-Walking through the impact on each of the three financial statements when, for example, increasing depreciation
-Discuss the three valuation approaches: DCF (Income Approach); Guideline Public Companies or Market Multiples (Market); and Guideline Transactions or Precedent Transactions (Market); may also bring up the Cost Approach.
-Could be asked something like "How would you value customer relationships" related to a purchase price allocation - understand that income related to an asset being discounted is a pretty safe answer for that kind of question.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no room for negotiation at this level at the Big 4.

Start Intern Interview

Start Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career office. I received notice of a first interview through the school's website and notice of the second interview through email. The first interview was in person and the second interview was over the phone. After the second interview I received notice of the job offer soon after.

Interview Question – Name three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Risk Assurance Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus access, and there were two round interviews. One was campus interview with one manager and second round interview was an office visit, interviewed with one manager and one partner.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, really fair and casual.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC interview questions and advice in Illinois. All 84 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.