PwC Interview Questions in Illinois

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

IT Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

6 interviews: --- Conducted via Phone --- Phone Screen - Initial phone screen conducted by a recruiter (background, salary expectations, role description, etc.) Functional Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses primarily on fit within the firm and how you conduct yourself in front of clients. Question example: Tell me about a time you showed the wrong data to a client and how did you handle the fallout? Technical Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses on technical acumen as it relates to the position you are applying for. Question example - (From resume) Tell me about X. What was your role? What were your specific contributions? What were your takeaways and how would you do things different next time? --- Interview Day (Conducted @ a PwC Office --- Case - Materials provided to you by recruiter two days prior to interview day. Specific question given to you 45 minutes before your case interview. You will have 45 minutes to hand prepare slides to present to the interviewer who will be playing the role of the client. Above all else, spend time preparing ahead of time and HAVE A STRUCTURE Conformational - Two interviews. First with a Partner who focuses on "global acumen" and how you feel you have demonstrated it throughout your career to date. Second with a more senior Partner who focuses on depth of knowledge within the industry. For example, what is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very well scheduled and executed. I had 3 phone interviews including one with the HR. They were all behavioral in nature. The case study for the case interview was provided 2 days before the interview that provided sufficient time to study the case. The final interview was face to face at their office. All the interviewers were very polite and helpful. My advice for any applicant would be to stay calm and relaxed and answer all the questions honestly. If you don't know about anything they are talking about just say so.

Interview Questions

• Is there any industry that is facing extinction due to advances in technology?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was quickly contacted by HR. After passing through the HR round (via phone) and a hiring manager round (via phone b/c she was located in a different city), I waited for a while. Finally, I heard from HR that I would be flown in for a final round of interviews. No explanation was given for why the interview would be done outside of the city I lived in and for which there were hiring. The position proved to not be a fit for either side. The interviewers were pleasant with the exception of the partner, who was probably the worst person with whom I've ever interacted professionally. This may have been his attempt at a "stress test" but I think it was predominantly just an arrogant personality. I asked what I considered to be thoughtful, informed questions but he was unable to answer them with any clarity or coherence.

Interview Questions

• Partner was deliberately rude. I was unsure if he was trying to test me or was simply exceedingly arrogant.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The position was for M&A advisory. First round was on Campus, mostly behavioral. (1) Tell me a time when you had to take decision in a quick time frame (2) Most satisfying project at work Final round was at their Chicago office. The case was sent 48 hours earlier. We were all huddled in to a room and asked to prepare presentations on hard copy paper slides based on a set of questions about the case they gave at that time. After that there were 3 rounds of interview. 2 behavioral and 1 for the case presentation.

Interview Questions

• Did not have any surprise questions. It was the usual beaten to death behavioral type of questions.   Answer Question

Regulatory Compliance Assocuate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were four interviews with four directors over the course of the day and then a final discussion with their internal recruiter. Each interview was 30-45 minutes long. If you are out of school, or transitioning, I would advise trying to apply or interview closer to the summer months as you'd have a better shot of being in the summer training program. Having something interesting on your resume is key because there is only so much experiental material you can discuss. You really need to differentiate yourself.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions seemed to be pretty standard Big 4 questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I actually went through their interview process twice and I found the process to be very well organized both times. The process included your standard behavioral interviews and then a case study interview. I found everyone there to be very friendly and welcoming towards any questions I had throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had an team project experience where I could not agree on a process with a team member and how did I get through this.   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus, and then if you got to the second round it was in the Chicago office. There were three separate 45 min interviews with each of the partners. There were some technical questions, but most were behavioral questions. You had to wait upto 2 weeks in between each interview to find out if you got a second interview or if you got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you led a group of people   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a behavioral interview on campus which was followed by an interview process on site. The interview process on site consisted of a case interview, and a partner interview. I've heard that the partner interview largely determines whether or not you receive an offer. You get to prep for the case (which you receive beforehand), but you receive the case questions only the day of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied at University Career Fair, was interviewed on-campus. It was a behavioral round and nothing technical was asked. They tend to like experience on JAVA, Web services and machine learning etc. Listen to the questions carefully and your answer should be precise and complete. Read up about different services on the website, know something about consulting beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Only 3 behavioral questions about leadership and conflict.   Answer Question