PwC Interview Questions in Illinois

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

IT Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

3 round interview, first communicate with me through phone, then face to face interview, the third round interview is in their office. You need to have breakfast with staff to know about the company value, then 3 officer interview you. After that they will telephone you the result in few days.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a team member who don't want to work.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Inititial phone interview with Recruiter lead to a second phone interview with a Consultant. For the third interview I was invited into the office for "interview day" in which several candidates were being screened at once.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

On-campus interview followed by an on-site interview in Chicago, IL. The HR contact told me she would call me with in two weeks. I e-mailed her 5 times and called their office trying to contact them after the two weeks was up. The got back to me 4 weeks later. Thanks PwC.
    Had a panel of people we could talk to about full time work. No actuaries, all consultants. We were under the Tax people for some reason, apparently, we did not get our own department or area.

Interview Questions

The HR contact took look to contact me so I took a different offer.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Got an interview call from HR manager only because of a referral from my school senior who happened to be a manager in PwC now. Started with 1 HR interview (very simple and direct questions related to visa status and previous work experience), followed by 2 Telephone interviews (one by a director and one by a tech manager). Position was related to Insurance industry. I did not have any experience in Guidewire and PwC is specifically looking for candidates with Guidewire experience (or may be an indepth P&C insurance knowledge candidate). I did fine/well in the phone interviews and questions were in general (about prior work experience and some insurance related questions) . This whole process of 1 HR interview and 2 Telephone interviews took over a month and a half. Then a final in-person interview was scheduled a month and half later (after the 2nd telephone interview was done). In-person interview with 3 Directors and 1 Partner. Discussions sounded very casual (again related to the position/work experience) except for with one director who asked the typical behavioral type of questions like why PwC, why should PwC hire you..and also some questions related to a particular scenario in policy issuance. I thought i did fine(not extraordinary) but was positive & expecting an offer. After two and half weeks the HR manager replied that i did not get the offer :( .. The overall process was good, though veryyy slow. The HR manager responded well for any email/call, though a little late sometimes (lot better than other companies I interviewed with) .

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such...but be prepared to answer any question that might be related to your prior experience and mentioned in your resume .. I was being frank/simple in my answers, but may be you need to be more elaborate sometimes!   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

First round of interview was over phone. Fairly straight forward. Had to fly down to Chicago for the second round interview. Having worked in Deloitte, i was very familiar with the company structure and a lot of people who were working at PwC. I had a cal with the HR with very good interview feedback but was put on hold due to international travel restrictions based on my VISA. I haven't heard back from them since and it has been more than 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were do to with my previous work experience. Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-- One 30-minute 1st round on-campus interview with a Director who I met before at a campus recruiting event
    -- Two 30-minute 2nd-round interviews at the office with a Partner and a Director (including one office tour and one coffee break)
    -- The partner called in the afternoon on the same day after the interview, extending an offer

Interview Questions

• What do you think we mean by saying "PwC wants to hire those who can make an impact on our company?" What is the impact you had on the other from your university? What impact would you have on PwC? How would you measure those impacts?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

One round of on campus interview. Basically just the partner talking about the firm.
    A week later got invited on site. The interview started with a panel discussion, which is just a presentation of the company and the position. It was followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with partners or directors. The interviews are essentially behavioral, aka asking you about your experience.
    Got phone call about the result three days later.

Interview Questions

• There was a case interview even though the invitation said explicitly that the interviews will be behavioral.   3 Answers

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The big four interview questions are more conversational about the resume. I had my first interview at school and there was always pre-interview dinner. One senior manager interviewed and we spent most time talking about my resume. The second interview is office visit, two rounds.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are regarding the resume. I was only asked one behavioral question: tell me a time when you need to argue with the professor   Answer Question