PwC

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.9

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I'd talked to a recruiter at a career fair and was told the risk assurance internship would be a good fit because I had a background in computers. I had one interview at my school. The interview was mainly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Then I was able to ask my own questions. The second round of interviews was at the Denver office where I meet with more people and had a few different interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had a problem with data and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied through campus recruitment, graduate program with a 3.6 GPA. Prior to your first round interview, there will be a reception. This is pretty casual, use the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourself to the recruiter and Associates/Partners as they may interview you the next day. 1st round is a simple behavioral interview, know why you want to work for Pwc, explain your background, and ask questions. Most importantly be excited and show you are eager to learn and have something to add to the firm.
    Final round interviews in NYC are a superday, two 30 min behavioral and one case interview. You will most likely meet with a Manager, Senior Associate, and finally a Partner. You're given the case two days in advance so you can prepare, and upon arrival are given 45 min to prepare a presentation on hard copies of powerpoint slides, and answer additional questions given to you upon arrival- this is nothing to be worried about! Some people who prepped for months doing case studies did not get an offer- I had no prior case interview experience except from a class the previous fall semester. I read some of Case and Point and watched Victor Cheng's youtube videos. You will simply present your slides to a Manager or Senior Assoc.
    I suggest using the STAR method for all behavioral questions.
    There will be A LOT of time for you to ask questions, so DO YOUR RESEARCH!!
    And- do not forget to send thank you emails to EVERYONE you met with before the end of the day.
    I had my final round interview on a Friday, the Partner called me on a Saturday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader in group work? Tell me an example
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict in group work
      What is interesting about you that's not on your resume?
      Why PwC?
      Tell me why I should hire you in 60 seconds.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through on campus recruiting. First round was a 30 minute behavioral and heard back about 2nd round the next day. Case was given beforehand for 2nd round with 2 days for preparation. 2nd round was 2 behavioral and the presentation of case. Heard back the night of the interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you had a conflict in a group and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Applied through college recruitment. GPA of 3.5+ was required in order to submit application. Was contacted by recruiter for interview at school. Somewhat informal interview probably due to the fact that it's only a student intern position. No news ever since the interview. Tried to follow up with recruiter but to no avil.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview. Recruiter was just doing a run though the resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First contacted a PwC campus represent through school's career fair. Applied via school career center website and was selected for Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) on-campus interview. 2 rounds in total. 1st Interview: On-campus; all behavioral questions. Surprised to have a 1st round interview with a partner but went well. Selected for 2nd round: office-visit interview. 3 interviews at office. 1 with partner, 2 with MDs. Each interview is 45 minutes long. Most questions were fit/behavioral, but had some technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One of the MDs asked about accounting terms such as cashflows. Froze immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Went through university recruiting. Dinner beforehand, interview the next day. Questions were mostly standard with a few that I hadn't considered.

I interviewed specifically within CIPS/TICE. Even though I reviewed before the interview I completely blanked on which was which during the interview. It didn't come up, but I would have liked to have touched on it.

One interview was completely behaviorials, the other was personality/fit, however my interviewer asked one question and then talked at me the following 45 mins.

Interview Questions
    • How do your time management skills impact your skill set?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone screening led to in house interview which was then followed by an invite to their Superday which consists of 3 -1 on 1 interviews then a lunch. The environment is very comfortable and didn't feel any tension at all. They are very quick to respond where I got a call back that day.

Interview Questions
    • All my interviews were behavioral... Give me an example where you were on a team and couldn't met a deadline... etc   Answer Question
    Wasn't in a position to negotiate nor did I really need to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Applied through campus recruiting website. Got an email 2 weeks later getting invited to Superday event. The firm flies you in and pays for hotel. Superday was a presentation and 3 1-1 interviews with managers/partners

Intern Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through campus recruitment.I had an initial interview on campus with a senior associate and was then invited to the NYC for super day.At super day, there was a briefing with the recruiting managers who were really nice and we were provided breakfast.We were paired with a "buddy" (associates who showed us around and took us to our interviews ) and I interviewed with 2 senior associates and a partner.All the interviewees went out to lunch with the buddies after the interviews and it was just a really good experience.I got a call on the evening of the interview from the partner I interviewed with telling me I got the offer and an official offer letter was sent a couple days after.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. PwC has a new hiring spectrum so they ask a variety of behavioral questions to see if you're a good fit for the company.   Answer Question
    Interns don't get negotiations but they pay really good in my opinion so I don't think a negotiation is required.

Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting: consisted of pre-interview dinner reception which is a good place to meet employees in the division you're applying to, then on-campus interview the next day. Online campus interview was about 30 minutes long, which consisted of basic introductions, tell me about yourself a little bit, basic questions like why accounting/why tax, and can you tell me about X experience on your resume. Make sure to have questions prepared or ask questions during the interview. Then office visit included 3 interviews, one with a partner.