PwC Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

The meetings and arrangements were entirely hassle-free, and handled well by the recruiting team. Laid-back interview style, but keep in mind that it was also very professional. Met with three different people within the firm, and had an interview with each of them, following a first-round interview screening a few weeks prior.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I interviewed with a director on campus during the fall recruiting season. The night before the in-office interviews, all the candidates were taken to dinner at a nice restaurant where we met HR reps and seniors from assurance and tax. The interviews were fairly relaxed. I met with a director and other management personnel. Everyone was very positive and friendly. Then they took us to lunch in small groups with some of the seniors, followed by an overview of employee benefits with the HR staff. The entire day lasted about five hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst class you had in school and why was it the worst one?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Campus interview and then on-site interview. Campus interview was more difficult (tell me about a time when..., etc.). On-site interview was more conversational (tell me about yourself, what do you like to do, etc.) The Campus interview was 1 interview, and on-site was 3 separate interviews packed into one day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to be a leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a normal interview with tough questions, which makes sense they are highly selective. Be prepared for tough questions from substantial members of the organization. A good way to prepare would be to think of the hardest questions that they could ask and then to make sure that you have answers to them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Was first contacted to have a dinner meet and greet with the people that would interview me and other candidates. The dinner was very relaxed and helped me feel at ease for the interview. This was followed by an in person interview on campus. Interview was behavioral, and did not really have any technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I'd talked to a recruiter at a career fair and was told the risk assurance internship would be a good fit because I had a background in computers. I had one interview at my school. The interview was mainly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Then I was able to ask my own questions. The second round of interviews was at the Denver office where I meet with more people and had a few different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with data and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment, graduate program with a 3.6 GPA. Prior to your first round interview, there will be a reception. This is pretty casual, use the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourself to the recruiter and Associates/Partners as they may interview you the next day. 1st round is a simple behavioral interview, know why you want to work for Pwc, explain your background, and ask questions. Most importantly be excited and show you are eager to learn and have something to add to the firm. Final round interviews in NYC are a superday, two 30 min behavioral and one case interview. You will most likely meet with a Manager, Senior Associate, and finally a Partner. You're given the case two days in advance so you can prepare, and upon arrival are given 45 min to prepare a presentation on hard copies of powerpoint slides, and answer additional questions given to you upon arrival- this is nothing to be worried about! Some people who prepped for months doing case studies did not get an offer- I had no prior case interview experience except from a class the previous fall semester. I read some of Case and Point and watched Victor Cheng's youtube videos. You will simply present your slides to a Manager or Senior Assoc. I suggest using the STAR method for all behavioral questions. There will be A LOT of time for you to ask questions, so DO YOUR RESEARCH!! And- do not forget to send thank you emails to EVERYONE you met with before the end of the day. I had my final round interview on a Friday, the Partner called me on a Saturday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader in group work? Tell me an example What is your greatest accomplishment Tell me about a time you had a conflict in group work What is interesting about you that's not on your resume? Why PwC? Tell me why I should hire you in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. There was a pre-interview dinner for my interview on campus. I received a call one week later notifying me about an office visit. The office visit consisted of 3 1 on 1 interviews with a Partner, and two managers as well as a pre-interview dinner the night before. Interviews were behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

They were a couple of the questions you would expect, but most of the interview was just getting to know you. They also talked about themselves and how they got to where they are. The questions were about my background and behavioral questions about how I would react to a situation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. First round was a 30 minute behavioral and heard back about 2nd round the next day. Case was given beforehand for 2nd round with 2 days for preparation. 2nd round was 2 behavioral and the presentation of case. Heard back the night of the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you had a conflict in a group and how did you solve it?   Answer Question