PwC

2.8

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in November 2009.

It was very unfriendly. They did not try to make me feel comfortable and just asked questions off a sheet. They were writing my answers down which made it very awkward and the interview did not flow.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something you saw on the news that affects you in your chosen field?   Answer Question

I wanted a summer internship, but they offered me a winter internship. I did not want to push my graduation date back so I declined.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

4 Back-to-Back interviews and 2 info sessions. Get ready to know about the position, your strengths etc.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in July 2011.

The interview process was fast as it was close to the end of recruitment period. I did not have the chance for a 1:1 interview because of the time issue.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience when you have to change your style of work due to receiving feedbacks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

It was quite smooth. First round interview was harder than the second.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things about yourself that you want me to take away from this interview.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2009.

I was called in for a group interview. At this stage we had some team excerises and some debate. After this stage we were tested on different skills, such as English, economics and thinking outside the box. There were a lot of situations given and each one had a set of questions, usually with double or triple negations, aimed to see how well you understood the issues. After this, was called in again for an interview face to face with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • The whole Intelligence testing process was the most difficult out of the interview, but not that scary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I got in contact with a recruiter. We did a preliminary interview before I interviewed with a partner. Then on the Super Day I interviewed with several partners. The whole interview process was long but very easy going in the beginning. Towards the end the interviews got to be a little more nerve racking.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a situation in which you had to..." Scenario questions are the most difficult.   Answer Question
    None for the start internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in June 2012.

The interview process was very smooth had 2 face-to-face interviews that lasted 45 mins then a week later I was called for the office visit in Houston. I interviewed with a senior partner and a senior manager and then went for lunch with associates who explained their experience at the firm.The 1st round of interview was Behavioral questions in STAR format and the office visit was just getting to know me as a person and giving me the opportunity to ask questions about the firm

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Just filling up the online form and get the feedback a week later through phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult question for intern position. Only a few questions on your co-curriculum, division that you want and the reason that you want that division.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

I was contacted by PwC after I submitted my resume to them at a career fair. At the career fair, I was asked simple questions like "What office will you like to intern in? Will you be able to travel? What are some of your plans after you graduate?" They wrote my answers on the back of my resume, and seemed pleased with the answers as well. Two weeks passed and I was contacted via email for a pre night social dinner and a interview. I attended the social and conversed with interns who are from my school. I also got to see my interviewer. I would suggest connecting with the people at the social. No matter if they are fellow interviewees, past interns, associates, or interviewers. Even making eye contact and passing a smile can go a long way. Just be polite and aware of your manners. Also try to be enjoyable and relatable. No one wants to work with a crab. :) The interview was strictly behavioral and was 40-45 mins. The interviewer really worked with me, and was patient and kind. I asked a lot of questions and was intrigued by his answers and advice. I did not perform perfectly in the interview, but I think he sensed my genuine interest to learn and excel. I was honestly surprised to learn that he passed me on to the my office, which is the NY office! The initial contact after this for the final interview was about 3-4 weeks. They paid for all of the expenses including a really nice hotel, taxi fare, food etc. At the time of my final interview I had finals and projects due for school, so instead of studying and practicing for the interview I studied my school work. Even though I did not practice the typical "when have you ever done this? or what are your future goals?" questions I found that I did not need to. When you go in for your final interview you already meet all of the needed critieria. Now all they want to see if if your personality fits the office and its members. So relax and be your genuine true self. Anyone, especially the interviewers, will be able to see through a fake person. The final interview consisted of three interviews with a manager, director, and partner. All of the interviews was basically conversational and relaxed. No really hard questions. They just asked me about my experience and what was on my resume. So my advice is to know your resume and have stories and examples of the experience you have listed on your resume. Also if you have any other offers or interviews with other companies you can throw that in the interview too ;) this kind of makes you a hot commodity because PwC wants to out compete all other firms with the best of the best people working for them. I would also suggest practicing the basic interview questions and knowing what your future goals are and where you see yourself in the company in the future. But the most important thing is to be yourself and know yourself. If you do this you will ace the interview, and land the job or internship! Good Luck.

Interview Questions
    • How are you improving your writing? (interviewer asked this question because he witnesses a lot of grammatical errors in emails and reports)   View Answer
    No, this was for an internship so there was no offer extended.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2011.

Firstly, there was an online test which was repeated in the office. Then English test, which was basically about understanding business texts and an ability to shorten them in other words and find the essence of the given texts. Then an assessment center, which consists of group task (how to invest an additional profit gained?), interview with one oft he managers and presentation in front of the manager with additional questions ( about pharmaceutical branch).

Interview Questions
    • What does PwC offer that you cannot find in the other Big Four Firms?   Answer Question
    There was no place for negotations. It was take or not kind of offer.