PwC Internship Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Milan (Italy)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was a difficult interview based on my personal skills, on my english knowledge and on a logical test. The first interview was witha the Human Resource and the interview tipe was 1:1; the second interview was with a manager and last one was with the senior manager of the Los I've been working with

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

On campus interview first, very conversational. Was then invited to the office for my second and final interview. Had 3 30 minute interviews with either partners or senior managers. All vet conversational, was never asked any traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Internship Interview

Interview

Your first have to directly apply for the program. It normally takes 2-3 weeks to hear bak from them to determine whether you have gotten the first round of interviews. Normally this is a one-to-one. It normally takes place in your college's career center. The second round is at the PWC offices and may be with multiple people at once

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Was selected through on-campus recruiting. PwC had a formal dinner the day before the interview where you could ask questions to current employees. Very professional. Had the interview the next day with the same person i spoke to the night before. Went very well. Never got a yes or no answer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Office where there were alumni from my university where much more receptive to me, and vice versa. If you're not from one of their "core" schools then you can forget it.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked many questions about my resume, but the most unexpected was just about me. He asked, "what do you like to do?" which is a very simple question but it caught me off guard. I would just try to be personal and not so serious and rigid.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through my university and received documents to be filled out online two weeks later. I was then called for an initial phone screen one week after that. The questions were pretty general like when will I have completed 150 credits and if I plan to pursue a CPA license. A week later I scheduled a phone interviewed that lasted about thirty minutes.

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through university website, and go an initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain distributed systems to your grandmother?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2013.

Interview

Step 1. Numerical and logical tests. Step 2. In-office tests: accounting, tax, English. Step 3. HR interview Standard hr questions: life goal, achievements, education, why PwC etc. Step 4. Manager and director interview. Professional questions: how interests are taxed

Interview Questions

• Do you intend to continue working at PwC after?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard form of labour contract - no room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

First went through on campus recruiting. Met with a manager from PWC and was very conversational interview. Asked about teamwork examples (bad team players, how you handled situation, etc). Received a call for a second round interview about 4-5 days afterwards. The super day kept being pushed back because they wanted all the candidates to be in the office at the same time. Was pushed back about 3 weeks to late November. Superday started with breakfast, a HR manager presentation and then a panel with 2 young associates. Make sure to ask a question ( I asked about opportunities for international travel). Next I had 3 consecutive interviews starting with the manager, then director and lastly managing director. The manager asked the most technical questions ( Why Pwc, why tax, how do you manage time, work late + manage course load, team work, etc). The director was very laid-back and talked about the social aspect, sports teams that PWC can offer. Maybe asked 1 question off my resume regarding previous internship. Lastly was the managing director. Asked several questions about why accounting, why my school and why tax. Make sure to speak about at least one relevant accounting issue related to your position with the partner. This will set you apart from other candidates and the partners will love it that you did some outside research. Overall process was simple. Interviewed wendesday and heard back Monday for an offer in NYC office.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? Why Tax? Why Pwc? Give examples of how you managed extensive course load/job/ school at once.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I got in contact with a recruiter. We did a preliminary interview before I interviewed with a partner. Then on the Super Day I interviewed with several partners. The whole interview process was long but very easy going in the beginning. Towards the end the interviews got to be a little more nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a situation in which you had to..." Scenario questions are the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None for the start internship.