PwC Internship Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

It was quite smooth. First round interview was harder than the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about yourself that you want me to take away from this interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by PwC after I submitted my resume to them at a career fair. At the career fair, I was asked simple questions like "What office will you like to intern in? Will you be able to travel? What are some of your plans after you graduate?" They wrote my answers on the back of my resume, and seemed pleased with the answers as well. Two weeks passed and I was contacted via email for a pre night social dinner and a interview. I attended the social and conversed with interns who are from my school. I also got to see my interviewer. I would suggest connecting with the people at the social. No matter if they are fellow interviewees, past interns, associates, or interviewers. Even making eye contact and passing a smile can go a long way. Just be polite and aware of your manners. Also try to be enjoyable and relatable. No one wants to work with a crab. :) The interview was strictly behavioral and was 40-45 mins. The interviewer really worked with me, and was patient and kind. I asked a lot of questions and was intrigued by his answers and advice. I did not perform perfectly in the interview, but I think he sensed my genuine interest to learn and excel. I was honestly surprised to learn that he passed me on to the my office, which is the NY office! The initial contact after this for the final interview was about 3-4 weeks. They paid for all of the expenses including a really nice hotel, taxi fare, food etc. At the time of my final interview I had finals and projects due for school, so instead of studying and practicing for the interview I studied my school work. Even though I did not practice the typical "when have you ever done this? or what are your future goals?" questions I found that I did not need to. When you go in for your final interview you already meet all of the needed critieria. Now all they want to see if if your personality fits the office and its members. So relax and be your genuine true self. Anyone, especially the interviewers, will be able to see through a fake person. The final interview consisted of three interviews with a manager, director, and partner. All of the interviews was basically conversational and relaxed. No really hard questions. They just asked me about my experience and what was on my resume. So my advice is to know your resume and have stories and examples of the experience you have listed on your resume. Also if you have any other offers or interviews with other companies you can throw that in the interview too ;) this kind of makes you a hot commodity because PwC wants to out compete all other firms with the best of the best people working for them. I would also suggest practicing the basic interview questions and knowing what your future goals are and where you see yourself in the company in the future. But the most important thing is to be yourself and know yourself. If you do this you will ace the interview, and land the job or internship! Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• How are you improving your writing? (interviewer asked this question because he witnesses a lot of grammatical errors in emails and reports)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, this was for an internship so there was no offer extended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I got in contact with a recruiter. We did a preliminary interview before I interviewed with a partner. Then on the Super Day I interviewed with several partners. The whole interview process was long but very easy going in the beginning. Towards the end the interviews got to be a little more nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a situation in which you had to..." Scenario questions are the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None for the start internship.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus career services. It's an on-campus interview. I got response back in one week. Two interviewers includes one manager and one partner. There is also a pre-interview night before the interview date. You can many different employees from different department.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions: tell me about yourself? why PwC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth had 2 face-to-face interviews that lasted 45 mins then a week later I was called for the office visit in Houston. I interviewed with a senior partner and a senior manager and then went for lunch with associates who explained their experience at the firm.The 1st round of interview was Behavioral questions in STAR format and the office visit was just getting to know me as a person and giving me the opportunity to ask questions about the firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

After the application progress, I receive a call from human resources who ask me to come for an interview at pwc. The interviewer was really nice and friendly. She asks me what do I know about pwc and the reason why I want to join them. It only took about 10 mins

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

4 Back-to-Back interviews and 2 info sessions. Get ready to know about the position, your strengths etc.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Detroit, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

After completing the intitial phone interview they brought me in for the office visit. The office visit was a great experience. There were three interviews that I went through. The first one was with a partner, the second was a manager, and the thrid was with a newer associate. All of the interviews consisted of 2 or 3 behavioral questions and the rest of it was just general conversation about my resume and what i would be doing if I was hired. Overall it was one of the better interview experiences iv ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to network?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you were working with a team and something went wrong. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was asked to summarize my resume for the interviewer. He asked many behavioral questions about group experiences and leadership abilities. He picked out one leadership camp I went to and asked if I would elaborate on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview then 3 1 on1 interviews. Staff was pretty friendly and made you feel welcome. Do not get discouraged if you don't get it because internship is generally harder to obtain than a full time position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation