PwC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
2,129 interviews

2.9

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

1. One on campus interview, interview with a manager.
    2. On site interview including a pre-night dinner and meet with two interviewers in the second day, one is senior manager, another is a partner.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

The interview process was very smooth. The basic character interview where the ask you about your traits. The people who interviewed me were incredibly friendly. There was one initial interview and then three interviews in the office. I was interviewed by one partner, one manager and one HR member. The only downside is that they give you very little time to make your decision (if you are accepted)

Audit Associate Interview

On the company visit day, I got my par interview first. I asked questions about the latest news about the company and he was impressed. The second interview is senior interview, basically the repeat of par interview and the question is relatively easy. The third one is HR manager interview, repeat again. I think the par interview is the hardest because he asked many question from macro perspective and you really need to give your own opinion. I didn't answer the first one or two question very well, but I asked very good question back which I think has pretty big positive effect on my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like the GAAP or accounting regulation is always change, what's your opinion towards those change..   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Interview

The first round interview was very easy if you can make the interview more conversational rather than just the manager asking questions. The 2nd round consists of 3 interviews usually back to back to back. It is a long process but you are assigned an associate to help you throughout the day. At the end of the interviews, you go to lunch with associates. Its important to network during that time.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Big 4 compared to Industry?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I was hired on campus. Started going to on campus networking events Sophomore year and eventually interviewed for full-time senior year. Interview was all behavioral and mostly just a conversation.

IFS Senior Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

Applied through employee referral and filled out my profile online. Was contacted by HR Manager to set up a phone interview discussing background, the role itself, salary, etc. If that is up to par or in line with what they are looking for, the HR Manager will send your resume forward to the team members who are in charge of the interviewing and hiring (typically managers and senior managers).

I was checking my status through the online portal throughout the process and about a week after my phone interview my status had changed to "interview requested". The HR contact I've been dealing with called to schedule a time to come into the office and interview with the team.

I knew they were trying to fill the position quickly and it helped to have multiple contacts within the company, so they let me know that it should be quick turnaround in the decision making and I heard their decision 2 days after my in-office interview. The longest part of the process is usually between initial application - phone interview - in-office interview. After that, they are quick in letting you know their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Know your resume inside and out. They come in with prepared questions based on their notes on your resume. If they brought you in for an interview, they like your skills; just be personable and present yourself as a team player and someone they can see themselves working with on a daily basis.   View Answer
    The initial offer is extremely fair. PwC is known for paying employees a fair range, whether they appreciate it or not is their personal matter.

There is always a range that they have for each position, so the initial offer can often be negotiated.

Core Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I applied at PwC through my University's online career portal. Within a week, they schedule a first round interview which was done on-campus. The interview was entirely behavioral (very conversational), and the manager who interviewed me was really nice. In 1-2 weeks, I was called by a recruiter and invited to do a second (and final) round interview in the office location I had chosen (Wash, D.C.). This was definitely more structured, and involved 3 back to back interviews with different staff leveled employees (one manager, one senior manager, and one partner). Again, all three of these were entirely behavioral. We were given a tour of the office and were taken out to a nice lunch. The entire process was roughly from 8:30am - 2pm. The partner who interviewed me called me the next business day and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was very behavioral (tell me about your prior experience, tell me about yourself, tell me what you're interested in, tell me about a time you worked as part of a group, etc.)   Answer Question
    Since I was an intern, I didn't negotiate anything. I was happy with the offer.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Initial interview on campus. Half hour interview with a manager Was invited for 2nd interview/office visit several weeks later. This consisted of 5-7 one on one interviews. Interviews were with people from all different levels of the firm...1st year staff all the way to a partner. Firm did a great job of letting you meet wide variety of staff.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

I applied to intern position via campus hiring online then received a phone call inviting the super day event. I was with candidates at superday and interviewed with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions
    • there is no difficult question, questions are straightforward   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

I applied on line and got a phone interview followed by video interview. Two people interviewed me virtually via a webcam -- a first for me. One asked technical questions about writing process and the other more general questions about working as part of a virtual team and doing marketing writing

Interview Questions
    • What is your writing style? and How do you keep your sanity when you have a lot of deadlines?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!