PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Question – Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff

I interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to our campus recruiting office. I attended several campus caree fair, and then campus interview, then office visit, then dinner with partners, senior managers, managers, seniors, and staffs.

Interview Question – how do you handle difficult personnality?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Very long and laborous. Need to limit the amount of interviewers and time to interview. There were many people met with and they did not have a solid understanding of the position or what my skillset entailed. Need a deeper dive in to the interviewers qualifications.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in consulting?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Tax
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – very difficult intern in NY as opposed to other offices. This office was very cut throat. I was asked extremely difficult questions about previous internships and the companies I worked for. These were questions that someone at a manager level would know the answers to.

Interview Question – what were the revenues, assets and liabilities for a previous internship?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didnt like the office

Tax Interview

Tax
South Florida, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the elevate summer leadership program after meeting the recruitment representatives at my school's career fair. I got invited back for an on campus interview. A couple weeks after the on campus interview, I was notified that I had been selected for the summer leadership program. Before the leadership program, I went to the office I was most interested in and interviewed with a senior manager and a partner. Apparently they like to do the interviews before the leadership program so candidates aren't stressed at the program. I was called by one of the tax directors about a week after the program and was offered an internship for the following summer.

Interview Question – Do you like working in groups? What is a challenge you have overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds. I passed through the first two rounds and made it to office day interviews. I prepared a lot for the interviews and actually thought I did badly on the first two. Anyways. During the office day interview, I was funneled in with a couple of other potential audit associates from other schools. First half: Recruiters were nice and lunch was amazing. Second half: A round of 4 interviewers: two staff auditors and 2 partners. All went well until the last partner.

Interview Question – Why do you you would fit with the PwC team.?   Answer Question

Computer Forensics Entry Level Associate Position Interview

Computer Forensics Entry Level Associate Position
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The hiring manager who visited the college did not conduct the interview as told to us during the college visit. More so the hiring manager was no where to be seen when students visited the company for second interview as part of the lengthy 7 part interview process. The interviewer also did not seem to like the office culture when asked how much politics do entry levels have to face.

Interview Question – Being a technical field and a technical position, the interviewer seemed to know how my college life was rather than trying to ask technical question regarding the job. I was asked just one technical question in the whole interview.   Answer Question

PhD Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

PhD Transfer Pricing Associate
All, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Required participation in American Economic Association annual meeting. If it goes well, you will get a fly out, likely to the city of your choice. There, you are likely to have four interviews and potentially will have an extremely abbreviated job market paper presentation. Very fast movers and the offer explodes very fast. Basically they will force you to decide on this before you have a chance to hear back from most other interviews.

Interview Question – What you're telling me is I really don't understand your research at all, right? You think I'm stupid don't you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay was negotiable up by about $5,000 pretty easily - more might be possible with competing offers. Explaining that some form of signing bonus or moving expenses are normal on the PhD market generally accomplishes this.

Elevate Program Interview

Elevate Program

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process was easy. They cam and interviewed on campus. was accepted yto participate in the program. The progra mwas an awesome experience and I would highly recommend it. This is not an easy acceptance process. You need ot be on your A game.

Interview Question – Just know your resume and be confident.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On campus interview (1) followed by in office final rounds (3 back to back)

One of your three final interviews will be case based. Not traditional consulting cases, since they email you a case 24 hours before your final interview. It's definitely important to read it beforehand and come prepared with "what if" scenarios. You will get 20-30 minutes to create slides on 8.5x11 sheets of paper, and then you present whatever you have. There will be major gaps in the case data, so it's crucial that you come prepared.

Interview Question – One of the aspects that set me apart from other candidates was that I had a bunch of excel printouts of different scenarios I created manipulating factors (such as sales,costs,customers) and showing how the end results were effected by the changes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!