PwC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
2,165 Interview Reviews

2.9

Fixed Term Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Sent resume and received an email request to schedule a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview I was sent a series of Microsoft tests to take at home. 2 days later I received an email inviting me to interview with 2 people. Interview was formal, lots of "what if" "what would you" kind of questions. That evening I received another email requesting I meet with a 3 person the following day. 3 rd interview was more of a "getting to know" the company and expectations. I was called 2 days later and offered the job. I declined the offer as I had never met the partner whom I would be working for and was told that I wouldn't meet him/her until I started. PwC is going through some changes with their administrative staff and I didn't feel comfortable accepting a position having never met the partner and with the possibility that my position would end after the 1 year contract. These Fixed Term positions are just that, fixed term and should probably be called long term temp. Unless you are unemployed and simply need to work I would not suggest applying.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you experienced co-workers being unprofessional   Answer Question

Wasn't given the opportunity to meet with who I would be working for. I was all on board with the whole fixed term until I received an offer and when I asked to meet the partner first and was told no, I realized regardless of what they tell you about what "fixed term" means, it is simply just a Temp position to fill open positions until the powers to be make a decision on the direction of their administrative positions.

Experienced Associate (Assurance) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I sent my resume through a LinkedIn contact. Not an hour later, I received the automated PwC Referral email informing me that I have been referred and simultaneously received an e-mail from the Experienced Recruiting Manager. Scheduled an over the phone screening interview with her the day after. This was around 45 minutes. Later on the day of the screening interview, I got an e-mail saying they are willing to have me come in to speak with the team. This is process the took the longest time (it was labor day weekend). The actual in person interview is with 2 managers, 1 senior manager and 1 partner. Each individual is in charge of asking about a specific topic - Technical Skills, Business Acumen, Leadership Skills, Global Relations and Interpersonal/Client Relationships. They will each have a set of introductory questions and drive the conversation into the topic that they are assigned to. Each conversation is set to 30 minutes. HR called me 2 days after with the results. Overall - the whole hiring process was very structured and organized. The whole process took 2.5 weeks, with scheduling taking the longest time - but still fairly quick.

START Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

The Interviewing process was informal as a way to ease the nerves and get to know the associates better. The actual interview session in more conversation-like. Do not let the rankings of a firm get to you. And remember names well.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult at all. Like I said before, it is more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Very low stress interview with one individual (manager, director, or partner) on campus, followed by interview in office with (1) senior associate/manager, then (2) partner. Interviewers are well-trained in recognizing high-functioning team members with required skills. Interview questions will be conversational to get a sense of how a person may or may not fit in with PwC culture and the demands of working in a team environment most of the time.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation on pay as PwC is able to hire the next person in line, but was able to state preference on office location and travel.

IAS Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Phone interview, office interview, and post lunch with current employees. The phone interview was casual, talked mostly about any questions or interests in the position. The office interviews were lax. 3 different interviews and all behavioral questions, followed by a presentation and a lunch.

Pretty straightforward.

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

The interview process was a bit drawn out, but pleased overall. There was a minor technological glitch during the final interview, but it turned out well in the end.

CMMAS Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Campus recruiting, so first round I was interviewed by a partner in transaction service department. He looks very "cold", little words, and seldom give reactions. During the interview ,there was no too difficult question, but the feeling was wield, because you don't know whether he likes you or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most popular issue in the accounting field?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

There were 3 interviews before I was offered the position. The first one was more of just a conversation with a 2nd year assurance staff employee. The 2nd interview was with the recruiter where I was asked more about my involvement and past experience. The 3rd interview was with a partner and it felt more like a conversation to make sure that he liked me more than to interview more.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be sure you have good stories behind all of your points on your resume and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

I was referred by an internal employee. Two weeks after completing the online application, a recruiter manager contacted me for a phone screening interview. One week after, I had an interview with an Senior Assurance Manager. The following week, a recruiting manager contacted me to set up an on-site interview with another Assurance Manager, and HR Manager. After the on-site interview, a partner called me for a brief screening interview.

Advisory Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

I was referred by an internal employee, completeted the online application, conducted a phone interview with a recruiter and another Director in the applicable industry segment. Then, flown to a PwC location where I had 3 interviews with a director, managing director and a partner. I received an offer for a "Manager" level with a promise but not guarantee to fast track me to Director.

I gave them my salary requirements, got an offer, then received my current company's annual raise which was higher than I expected. I let PwC know. They countered.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!