PwC

Updated Dec 21, 2014
2,534 Interview Reviews

2.9

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC.

the process went very fast. I think may be because i had worked for the firm previously. i would say it was easy to average. they asked about CPA status and previous experience like every other interview.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question, although they asked about how 'audits are performed' in general.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I applied through my school's career website. I got a first round and had a 1 on 1 interview with a Tax Manager, who I actually ended up meeting the night before the Interview at the Pre-Interview Reception. I found out 2 weeks later that I got a 2nd round and would have a Tax SuperDay at the actual office. The Tax SuperDay was about a month later and consisted of 2 days. PwC paid for my hotel and there was again a Pre-Interview dinner the night before, which was really fun. I got to connect and talk to a lot of people who worked in the department I was interviewing for and it really helped to calm my nerves.

The next morning I had 3 interviews including one with a partner. All three individuals were very easygoing and easy to talk to!

Overall, a great experience; they genuinely just want to get to know you as a person and aren't looking to trip you up or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were strictly behavioral and I ended up just having a normal conversation with the interviewers. However one did ask me a question along the lines of "Was there a time when you realized you made a mistake in something and how did you go about alleviating that mistake?"

I was just caught off guard and quickly had to think of a situation that matched this, but overall the questions were simple and it was a great experience!

Answer Question

Core Assurance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

learn more about your skills and preferences, ask you several behavioral-based interview questions, talk through some of the information in your Talent Profile, as well as your potential career interests.

Transaction Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Very relaxed environment. Interview tries to make you feel comfortable to get to know you better in a non pressure environment. Interviewed with the partner of the group I would be working while on college campus.

Manager - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

The interview process was pretty generic. One phone interview followed by a in person interview. I had 3 rounds of back-to-back interview. The interview process was good and the panel was very interactive.

The nightmare started after the interviews when I was waiting for the decision. One week after the interview I received the call that all liked my profile and they would potentially make any offer. The decision was to be taken after discussions with the partner. I waited for 3 weeks but there was no communication. I emailed/ called the recruiting coordinator and she replied that she has no clue on the decision. I followed again with emails/ phone calls but there was no response. After another week of wait I received an email to my follow-up that the recruiting manager will call. Again the wait translated to another 2 weeks of anticipation. I again approached out with a follow up email and finally the recruiter called and shared that the decision to not make an offer.

The real issue was the rationale that she gave for the decline contradicted with what she had shared in our 1 week after the interview discussion. Overall my experience was horrible with the recruiting team. The team didn't care to respect my time and took the liberty to prolong the decision. I would not recommend the firm based on my bitter experience with the recruiting team. For a consulting company this timeline is totally not acceptable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were around experience in the industry, type of projects, functional expertise.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Apply through campus recruiting and heard back in one week. Had a pre interview social night and met interviewer before the interview. The first interview was with the supervisor of the team.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Applied online and was quickly contacted by HR. After passing through the HR round (via phone) and a hiring manager round (via phone b/c she was located in a different city), I waited for a while. Finally, I heard from HR that I would be flown in for a final round of interviews. No explanation was given for why the interview would be done outside of the city I lived in and for which there were hiring.

The position proved to not be a fit for either side. The interviewers were pleasant with the exception of the partner, who was probably the worst person with whom I've ever interacted professionally. This may have been his attempt at a "stress test" but I think it was predominantly just an arrogant personality. I asked what I considered to be thoughtful, informed questions but he was unable to answer them with any clarity or coherence.

Interview Questions
    • Partner was deliberately rude. I was unsure if he was trying to test me or was simply exceedingly arrogant.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

They grilled me about my grades. It was frustrating and insulting. Even if they love you at the interviews and events it's all about numbers to them at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult situation what did you do   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

There will be three interviews in a row, but none of them are exceptionally harsh. Mine took me about two hour. Case study throw people off their feet. It's might be easy for those who have previous relative experience. The interview schedule was uneasy for full credit student, especially if you have to fly over in a weekday.

Tax Interview

just had an over the phone interview...was very casual. Interviewer just spoke about company/position and asked if I plan on getting a cpa license/masters.Just make sure to ask questions about the firm and show interest in the position.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very casual interview,that being said there were no behavioral questions or any questions you would expect to hear at an interview.Show interest in the position and you're good to go.   Answer Question