PwC

Updated Mar 3, 2015
2,707 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technology Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through college. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 2 behavioral and one case interview. My case was to do with implementing AML software for a financial services company. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via a phone call the following day. Overall process went really really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to convince someone with more knowledge than you on a certain topic, to do whatever they were doing differently.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied through campus recruitment, graduate program with a 3.6 GPA. Prior to your first round interview, there will be a reception. This is pretty casual, use the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourself to the recruiter and Associates/Partners as they may interview you the next day. 1st round is a simple behavioral interview, know why you want to work for Pwc, explain your background, and ask questions. Most importantly be excited and show you are eager to learn and have something to add to the firm.
    Final round interviews in NYC are a superday, two 30 min behavioral and one case interview. You will most likely meet with a Manager, Senior Associate, and finally a Partner. You're given the case two days in advance so you can prepare, and upon arrival are given 45 min to prepare a presentation on hard copies of powerpoint slides, and answer additional questions given to you upon arrival- this is nothing to be worried about! Some people who prepped for months doing case studies did not get an offer- I had no prior case interview experience except from a class the previous fall semester. I read some of Case and Point and watched Victor Cheng's youtube videos. You will simply present your slides to a Manager or Senior Assoc.
    I suggest using the STAR method for all behavioral questions.
    There will be A LOT of time for you to ask questions, so DO YOUR RESEARCH!!
    And- do not forget to send thank you emails to EVERYONE you met with before the end of the day.
    I had my final round interview on a Friday, the Partner called me on a Saturday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader in group work? Tell me an example
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict in group work
      What is interesting about you that's not on your resume?
      Why PwC?
      Tell me why I should hire you in 60 seconds.

Associate Consultant Interview

There is first a phone interview. Then, they ask you to make an online profile where you submit a resume, personal info, etc etc. Then, they call you in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions: How do you deal with a situation where your firm/boss does something that you consider unethical?   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The interview process was very straightforward and I was kept informed along the way. Everyone that I met was very intelligent, funny and ambitious, which reflects very well on the company. I would say PwC has some of the best people. They are changing some of their interview practices in order to align more with their company values, such as asking questions regarding technical aptitude, global perspective, etc. but if you are interested in accounting nothing should come as a surprise. I received an offer on the day of my 2nd round interview, but declined because accounting was not my #1 career choice.

Summer Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

It was a about 40 minutes long interview. I briefly introduced about myself. I answered why I want to be an actuary, which sector I want to get involved, why I choose PWC. As these were typical questions, I had no difficulty to answer the questions. After that, there were about 5 behavior questions about leadership. Although I didn't have enough concrete stories, the questions were not that picky. Moreover, He asked one recent issue on the insurance industry. As it was my first interview, I was very nervous. But, as I remember, the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me one recent issue on the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

My process went really fast. I had the telephone interview on a Wednesday of the week of 2/9/15. I had my in person interview with 2 directors and a manager that following friday and then the partner interview on a Wednesday evening the following week. All interview were 2-3 business days a part.

I haven't yet had a response and its been exactly one week since my partner interview. Has anyone received an offer after a week or so? Or how soon did you receive your offer? I heard I did very well and was one of 2 final candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to change the direction of a project while in the middle?   View Answers (2)

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First they asked you to walk through your resume. Just the basic stuffs, things that you have done, your achievements, etc. Next, they asked you specific questions relating to the PWC assessment framework. It is more of a situational-based type of question. Lastly, they will set aside some time for you to ask questions about the company or your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you balance your time between school works and extracurricular activities?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Phone interview--> on-site interview. It's a very comfortable interview and people are very nice. They want to learn more about you by asking the questions. Also, they have the list of questions and pick 4-5 questions per interview.It takes 30 min/interview and you will feel time flies, especially after 4-5 questions and only 5 mins left for asking my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time if the deadline earlier than your expected?
      What's your favorite subject?
      How do you do a research?

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through on campus recruiting. First round was a 30 minute behavioral and heard back about 2nd round the next day. Case was given beforehand for 2nd round with 2 days for preparation. 2nd round was 2 behavioral and the presentation of case. Heard back the night of the interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you had a conflict in a group and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Forensics Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I applied thorough university career site. Got a call for interview. Pre-interview recpeiton and buddies were assigned. Interview process was very good and smooth. They made candidates very comfortable so that they give their best during interview. Interview feedback was given within 2 days for selected days and a week after for rejected candidates

Interview Questions
    • Situation based leadership behavioral questions. Be well prepared with stories about your leadership experiences in the past.
      1. Conflict situation?
      2. Feedback scenario?
      3. Have you ever had strong feeling about something and sticked to it?
      4. My previous experience in PwC