PwC Interview Questions

1,259 Interview Reviews

1,259 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Risk Assurance Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen by a recruiter. It lasted around 30 / 40 min. Very classical, questions where tell me about you, why Price and specific questions about my background. I spoke about my experience, asked questions about Price, being a consultant, career and so on. The call went really well but did not worked out, I received an email one week later saying there was no match. I did not really understand why.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through a company referral. First round was a phone interview with a manager. Second round was three separate 30 minute interviews with a senior associate, director, and partner. All questions were behavioral. Very friendly environment. Just be prepared to talk a lot and have a lot of good examples to draw back on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a school project or work assignment in which you had to use your accounting skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within a week received an email from HR requesting an interview. Interviewed via phone with HR representative. It took a little back and forth because I do not have daily access to the internet or a Smartphone (HR rep was very understanding).

Interview Questions

• HR rep wanted to know my background as a team assistant. Have I scheduled meetings, what is my Outlook experience. Also wanted to know why someone with my experience (administrative supervisor) would want a team assistant position.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, an HR person who welcomes you telling you about all of the opportunities at pwc and three interviewers, a host who gives you a tour and takes you out to lunch. Definitely be prepared to talk about current events, behavioral questions your resume, and why you are interested in pwc. The interview wasn't as bad as i expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a partner in a group project who didn't do any work.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Absolutely no candidate should have to go through what I did over the past 5 months. What started out as a very promising career prospect turned out to be full of false promises, fairy tales and hokum. This experience seemed at times to be like watching a TV show that should have been canceled after the 1st episode. The interview process started out at the end of March 2015, as one would expect, with a series of phone interviews. The phone interviews took place with several Advisory Managers and an Advisory Director. The phone interviews went very well and after the conclusion of the phone interviews I was told that HR would be contacting me within the next week to schedule an on-site interview. This is when it fell apart, HR did not call until 2 months later. The Advisory Director explained that HR was in the process of annual reviews and did not have time to schedule interviews. I should have walked away at that time but I gave them the benefit and continued the conversation. HR finally called and went through the typical HR items. The call concluded with HR stating that a Partner would be calling me later in the week for a final phone interview. But wait a minute I thought the phone interviews were over and it was time for the on-site interview. Okay so maybe I misunderstood the Advisory Director so I went along with it and had a conversation with the Partner. The Partner called and we had the typical phone interview again and I was told that I would now have to wait until after the July 4th holiday before the on-site interview would take place. I thought again that it makes sense it the summer and lots of people are on vacation. So after the holiday I finally get a call from HR stating that my on-site interview would take place in Houston during mid-July. Another week went by without any updates or travel arrangements from HR. Then HR finally called me on a Wednesday and wanted me in Atlanta on Friday. Here again it changed from what I was told to something completely else. The on-site interviews were scheduled to consist of 3 different interviewers lasting about 45 min each. The first interview was with another Advisory Manager and was nothing more that the typical HR questions. The next interview was with an Advisory Director and went right up to the 45min mark and was a little more technical. Now here comes the interesting part, the last interview was to be with the Advisory Director that I had the previous phone conversations with. This Director could not be found by the staff. After almost 30 minutes elapsed the Director was found. The disturbing part was not that the Director was late but was surprised that he was required to be there to conduct an interview. The conversation lasted about 15 minutes and concluded with saying that next steps would be for them to make me an offer after their annual Partner/Director meeting in Orlando the following week. The Director also said he would call me later that evening and let me know how the debrief call went. Well sadly he never called and did not respond to my emails or calls. So after 2 weeks I then decided to call HR and see if they had a status update. I got the same non-response from HR. I finally received a call from HR stating that they now wanted me to have another phone interview with another Partner. This was a little alarming to me so I contacted the original Advisory Director, this time I actually got through. I was told that during their meeting in Orlando it was decided that there was going to be a hiring freeze due to a slow down in the oil and gas sector. I was assured however that I would be starting work after September 1 so I went along with it, I should have known better. Several more weeks have elapsed since the last call and I had all but given up and moved onto another opportunity then I get a call from the hiring Partner on 8/20. Finally I get a verbal offer and it was 25% higher that what I was expecting. I was told that HR would be getting an offer letter put together and have it out to me by the first of the week. I was so excited thinking to myself waiting really did pay off. I was wrong to think that because there was not a offer letter from HR and no return call from the Partner until Wednesday this week. I saw that the Partner called my phone but did not leave a voicemail. I called the Partner back as soon as I could and I just knew that I would be again receiving good news. Wrong again, there was not any good news this time from the Partner. I was told that they received push back on the offer from others in the organization due to too many people being on the bench and I could wait a little longer but no promises. I stated that I could no longer wait and wished them all the best. My advice to PwC is please don't lead people on and please make improvements to the communications between hiring department, HR and candidates.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions consisting of both technical and non-technical questions.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in June 2015.

Interview

Whole process took 4+ weeks, Went through the recruiter who came back after 2 weeks. Another week in scheduling 2 phone interviews with directors. The first was more on confirming what I know and what Industries I have worked in. The interviewer did not drill down on any topic. The other interview got rescheduled few times and the interviewer asked some key questions to gauge my depth and he was convinced. In sum both were positive interviews. In the end the HR told me they have filled with an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• What industries have you worked in? Deep dive on specific technology questions related to the industry   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I had applied atc ampus career website then first round interview at campus. Later on site interview at the firm. mainly about examples of various situations why you choose the firm and weakness standard behavior qs

Interview Questions

• mainly about examples of various situations why you choose the firm and weakness standard behavior qs   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 members of the TP department one at a time. Each was about 30 minutes long followed by lunch with the two newest associates in the department. Each three were different. One was about the work, one to scrutinize every bit of my resume, and the last about goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to change your approach to a situation, but still found success.   Answer Question

Incident Response Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

External recruiter contact, phone interview with internal staffer, telephone screen with potential manager, traveled to Dallas for face to face interview with Director, Managing Director, and Partner, and quick discussion with senior team manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were less technical and more towards personality, situation resolution, questions regarding background and what would I bring to the table, career aspirations, and had informal discussions.   Answer Question

Manager - IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

1st round interviews were with 5 different managers from different areas. 2nd round was with panel of 5 managers and 3 others that were also interviewing which included a role playing exercise. Challenging interview but at the same time a great experience. Interview was with peers you would be working with as well as managers and Sr. Executive. Interview process was very well organized and flowed smoothly. It was interesting that the interview process was very organized however, I never heard a word back from anyone that I was not going to be made an offer.