PwC Senior Associate - Advisory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral Interview with extremely nice group of people. Be personable and make sure PwC is a good fit for you before accepting. There is not a whole lot you can do to prepare other than being confident in your abilities and confident that PwC is a good place with you for a good reason. Beyond that, be comfortable with travellng and open to learning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The initial phone round was professionally handled and smooth. Round 2 was a nightmare, with the process went quickly downhill. I had a F2F, where the interviewer entered the room 20 mins late, asked me totally random questions (the first round was way more organized and pointed), and essentially only talked to me for 5 mins. Even worse was the fact that while I was sitting in his room, I could see a list of other candidates with names with a check or cross against their names. Ridiculous. Maybe a one-off instance, but surely very off-putting. Made even more disgusting by the fact that they offered me a job later. I could have justified this behavior if they were not interested in me, but to present yourself like this to someone you want to hire is baffling to me.

Interview Questions

• First Round (phone) was mostly about data analysis questions, with other questions testing my business sense. Second Round was a major ramble.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Interview

Straight foward, focuses on the PwC professional framework, which is found on the website.There was a mini-case for mine, but not sure if that is the case for all interviews. Really straight forward and to the point. Loved that part. Once you advance, you will have to prepare a case and deck to showcase to a partner, and also get interivewed by two others, usually director level and above.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

It was hard bet hard . Interviews was not good. Very tough . It was he difficult interview ever had . Also o don't know what else I can say here

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a senior associate role on the advisory team, which consisted for 3 rounds. Round 1: Phone screen with HR. They asked 3 basic questions: why do you want to leave, why do you want to work here and walk me through your resume. Round 2: This consisted of a technical phone screen with a manager and was presented hypothetical problems and how I would go about solving them. Round 3: Took place in the NYC office and met with a manager, director and partner. During this 3 hour interview session, I was asked the same questions that I received during rounds 1 and 2. The proceeding business day I got a phone call from my recruiter informing me that an offer was on the way, but it ended up taking two weeks to receive the official offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

My situation may not be typical but it was still positive. I was referred for a position by an employee so i got a call from a PwC recruiter to kick off the process. The recruiter was predominately the cheerleader who talked up the companies reputation and benefits. Next step was a phone screen by my future manager and future director. I passed that step and had to interview face to face with the project partner. I'm told typically it is the opposite ( in person with manager and phone with the partner) The project management team verified my experience and the partner was the final review to ensure I was ready for a client facing role.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Interview

Had a very unprofessional exchange with the recruiter who contacted me out of the blue, set up and blew off TWO phone screenings with me in a row coming up with a last minute weird excuse at the last moment, and then ultimately, after I reached out to him to follow up, he told me that I was not qualified for the job. It's like OK... Well then why did you reach out to me in the first place??? They seem pretty disorganized and also rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening for an experienced hire advisory position. Word for word was told I would not be considered for an in-person interview without giving my current salary. I immediately said I did not want to be considered for the position. I was extremely turned off by the fact that my salary would be determined based on my current salary plus x% instead of what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online 2) Recruiter arranged the telephonic interview with Sr. Associate 3) Face to Face interview with Partner, Director, and Manager 4) After 1 week offer was extended Basic questions regarding the s/w product and resume and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding the s/w product and resume and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career center. After the deadline, I received an invitation for the first round interviews, which were on campus. These were two 45 min interviews with a current manager and a Director. In total, the first round interviews were 90 minutes. A week later I received an invitation for the final round interviews, which were at a PwC office. The second round interviews were from 8:15 until 12:30. In total, there were three interviews: first with a senior partner, than with an consultant , and finally a case based interview. They give you the case 48 hours in advance to prepare at home. However, you receive the questions once you are at the office and then you have to prepare slides on paper (4 to 10 slides). The time frame for slides preparation is 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? (i was asked this question from all of them) How do you feel traveling 80% of your time at PwC? Questions about teaming experiences: tell me a about a time you had a conflict in a team; when someone on your team could not deliver on time; do you work best in a team or individually. Be sure to know the PwC professional framework: whole leadership, business acumen, global acumen, relationships, and technological capabilities. (google it, read about it, know it inside out) Come up with examples for all of them that relate to your unique personal and professional experiences. All questions were related to this PwC professional framework.   Answer Question