PwC Audit Internship Interview Questions

2.9

Risk Assurance Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First Round: On Campus Interview Second Round: Office Visit

Interview Questions

• Very laid back interviews (all behavioral), the only real question they asked was "Why PwC?"   Answer Question

Data Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview consisted of meeting with some on-campus then having an in-office interview. The in-office is a bit of drag to me simply because im a student and don't have time to walk around and meet people all day even if it is with PwC. MY academics sholud be as important to them.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume - it's get harder to expand on things you've already said especially being a student   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Spoke with HR recruiter at campus career day. Got invited to an on campus interview with a pre-night reception the night before. Interviewed with a manager and then got invited to an office interview with another pre-night event. Took all candidates to lunch on the day of the office visit. Interviewed with two senior managers back-to-back, and received the offer the same night. I really felt like I fit in well during the office visit. Before actually meeting the staff in the office, I never really understood the whole "our people are what makes us great" thing, but all the staff that I interacted with during the process were very insightful and seemed to truly enjoy working at PwC.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Winter Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

My experience with the PwC recruiting process was exceptional. It was a challenge at first, as PwC doesn't recruit at my school, but by creating a profile on their website and clicking a link to contact my local recruiter, I was able to get in touch with someone. The promptness of communication was second to none, and I was able to exchange a number of emails with my recruiter over the course of a couple of weeks to get a feel for what the best steps would be for me while looking into PwC. I was initially invited in for their Sneak Peek program where a small group of students heard presentations from Managers or Directors in each major business group in their Minneapolis office. We were then individually taken out to lunch by an associate and had the opportunity to chat and ask questions. My guess is that this is part of their vetting process - can you carry on a conversation and are you an easy person to get along with in a social setting? The following week, I was invited in for an interview for a winter internship in assurance. We scheduled the interview two and a half weeks out as I was in the midst of finals by then. When I arrived for my interview, I was greeted by an associate that would be responsible for bringing me to my interviews and taking me out to lunch afterwards. The associate was great - very friendly and helpful. I had three half hour interviews: first with a partner and then second two with managers. They were all very welcoming and casual. Each interview was very much just a conversation about who I was, and why I wanted to be there. I had prepared for every behavioral question under the sun, but it wasn't really like that. They worked a couple of typical questions in, but almost nothing related to my resume. I was surprised, to be honest, but I assume what they are really after is seeing if you will be a good fit in their culture. They know that you know your stuff - they can see your resume and GPA. They want to see if you can handle talking with people, working with a team and will be motivated to push out great work. Overall, I had an awesome experience. BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating your hourly pay for these internships, but the pay was definitely competitive. The partner who had interviewed me called me to thank me for coming in and that PwC would be extending an offer to me for a winter internship in their Assurance group. They then send you an offer letter over email and you electronically accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Found the opportunity through a partner from a campus presentation. After formally applying online there was a phone interview with a Assurance manager. 30 minutes phone interview, not much direct questions and mostly conversations. The interviewer will still want to know certain things, such as why this position, what you want to accomplish, why do you fit, etc. Received e-mail confirming office visit 2 weeks later. 1 more week until actual visit. Visit began at 11:00. Short introductory presentation. Went to lunch with buddies. Came back for 3 1:1 30 minute interviews. Throughout the entire day, the buddies, the hosts, etc. they will ask you if you have questions. Be sure to ask questions even if you know that subject already. The interviewers will leave you a lot of time for questions in the end, and be sure to use up all that time asking questions. For my interview, they didn't directly ask me "Why this position" or "Why should we hire you," and questions as such. I went home thinking that I failed to get that point across, but it's part of the questioning process which I didn't make good use of. Other than that, the interview questions are all behavioral. Nice and friendly people so they're easy to have small talks with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was referred to HR by a partner from another office in the same market and was told to fill out a formal application online. After that, there was a phone interview with a RA manager. He asked about my background and why I was interested in the position. It felt like an informational interview about what RA is and what the internship would be like. They got back to me about two weeks later and asked if I could come for an in-office visit. I'm not from the area so they flew me down to LA in the morning with a flight booked right after the office visit. The in-office visit was a really nice experience and they assign you to a host buddy who will take you to lunch (we walked to a nearby restaurant with the two other candidates and their host buddies) and then bring you to all your interviews. The host buddy also gets to give their opinion of you to HR so don't immediately rule the lunch out as just lunch -- you're basically being interviewed the moment you walk through the door. The three back-to-back interviews were mostly conversational and behavioral with two managers and one partner. The managers focused more on the behavioral side. The partner asked me only one question (which the other two also asked): what do you know about risk assurance? The rest of the 30 minute interview was set aside for questions, which brings me to my next point: have a lot of questions ready. From the moment you shake your buddy's hand, through the opening and closing presentations by your recruiter, while waiting for your food at the restaurant, and especially in all the interviews, make sure you keep asking questions. It shows your interest, even if you think you already know a lot or you think you're basically getting information repeated again and again. They're really nice people and they definitely make you feel welcomed throughout the day, to the point where you get really optimistic about the position (or at least I did). There's a short closing at the end. The recruiter told us there were nine in the RA internship class but I knew there was only one position open. I heard back about a week and a half later with no offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done a project that required you to work with a set of instructions? How did you do it and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • Is there a topic or subject you had trouble with or wanted to learn more about? How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Summer Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process started through campus recruiting. My first interview was a one-on-one interview with a manager and all conversational, with very basic questions about my resume. It lasted 30 mins. The second interview was the in-office interview where they flew me up to NYC. They were with a partner, a senior manager and manager. They all lasted 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• During the in-office visit, the questions were all behavioral. I didn't feel like they were trying to get to know me at all. They would start out with a basic question and continue to ask every detail about it. For instance they asked me "What do I do to organize my life?" I said keep a planner. Then they asked "How many lines do I have written in the planner a day?" "How many lines do I complete a day?" They also asked "Why does a soda can has a lip around the edge"   Answer Question

Data Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume to the campus recruiter and received a phone call scheduling a phone interview for the very next day. After the first round, I was brought into the office for 3 back to back interviews. There were 2 managers and 1 partner. I received an offer about 15 minutes after I left the office.

Interview Questions

• You mentioned that you had skills with Microsoft Access. Tell me about that   Answer Question

Forensic Data Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I initially applied to the position through my university's career center website. I received an invitation to interview for the position as well as an invite to a company dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was very large with around 80 students and 30 representatives from PwC. Overall it was a good experience, I sat with my interviewers as well as my competition and we talked about the company, hobbies, interests, and other topics. The interview itself was very simple. I was asked about 10 behavioral questions in a 45 minute interview. They were basic questions related to group work, responsibility, leadership, etc. My interviewer was very respectful and polite the whole time. The people I spoke to during my experience with the company all seemed very nice. It is a much larger company, so most employees didn't seem to know each other but were still courteous.

Interview Questions

• None of the question really jumped out at me, they were all basic behavioral questions, no technical or business case questions.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you preformed a task that was otherwise usually preformed by another.   Answer Question