PwC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
2,164 Interview Reviews

2.9

Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Had the interview CONFIRMED, specifically stated that I would be on my lunch HOUR. Arrived 10 minutes early, no one could find the person for about 20 minutes [that's 30 minutes into my lunch hour] ... finally found her, it took her another 15 minutes to find a place for me to take the test [45 minutes into my lunch hour] then proceeds to state that the test will take about 45 minutes!!!
      Started the test ... the equipment wasn't working properly, had to find another ... found one [60 minutes ... my lunch HOUR gone!!!]
      Twenty minutes into the test ... I stopped, thanked them and left. And yes, I ended up taking a 2 hour [waste-of-my-time] lunch and never even got to eat anything.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. The initial interview went well or I would not have gone back for a follow-up   Answer Question

Placement Year - Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2011.

The hiring process starts with an online application form that is shorter and easier to fill in than most competitors. The amount of guidance was superb. Next was an essay on how the company could offer help to another large company, in the form of services. Then a telephone interview which was competency based, with questions such as "Tell me about an area of finance in the news that interests you?". Once accepted, the last stage is an assessment day, with a group task, another essay, numerical and logic tests and finally a 1 V 1 interview with a manager. Overall the process is very quick, and PwC don't keep you in the dark for very long. I personally had an offer after only 24 hours after the assessment day, so the process is very swift.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the corporation tax decreases and why George Osbourne decided to do this?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2012.

3 interview
    First one supposed to be informal but it is very formal
    Second is a case interview with an hour to answer to a complex problem. It is a real case study! My only advice be prepared it is not an easy one
    Third, Phone interview for select or between two last candidate

Interview Questions
    • According to you what are the role and responsibilities of a consultant   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in January 2008.

Numerous tests and interview panel on several occasions

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be re-incarnated as an animal what type would you be and why   View Answers (2)

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

First technical round of 1 hr. Second technical round of 2 hrs with Architect. Then HR round.

Interview Questions
    • SAP ABAP: Why we have 3 descriptions for data element. Table control manually. IDoc inbound config is not done, will the idoc be posted in recieving system.   Answer Question

Summer Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

The interview process started through campus recruiting. My first interview was a one-on-one interview with a manager and all conversational, with very basic questions about my resume. It lasted 30 mins. The second interview was the in-office interview where they flew me up to NYC. They were with a partner, a senior manager and manager. They all lasted 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • During the in-office visit, the questions were all behavioral. I didn't feel like they were trying to get to know me at all. They would start out with a basic question and continue to ask every detail about it. For instance they asked me "What do I do to organize my life?" I said keep a planner. Then they asked "How many lines do I have written in the planner a day?" "How many lines do I complete a day?" They also asked "Why does a soda can has a lip around the edge"   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

There were two part of interviews -- on campus interview and on site interview. and before interview there was a pre-interview dinner to meet the staffs. The recruiters are really nice so you don't need to get too nervous. in the dinner and interviews you would get a lot of chance to ask them anything you want to know about the company. Don't wast your chance, prepare well and ask as many questions as you can and want.

Interview Questions
    • In the interview I mentioned a project I've done and then the interviewer was interested in it and asked the detail. So to impress the interviewer, I suggest to prepare well for all the details of each project you did and don't mention anything you are not well prepared of.   Answer Question
    Not yet. Everything is over my expectation

HR-Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

It was done by an external company which is very strange and although it was meant to last 20 minutes, only lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer called five minutes late. Asked 2 behavioral questions and asked a lot about their client and the goals they have.

Interview Questions
    • What is a problem a chosen client is facing and how would you solve it. What new services would you offer them.   Answer Question

Forensic Technology Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Online tests - numerical test, then followed by a 45 minute interview down in London by the Head of this sector of the company. Was a very hard and necessary grilling based on technical and competency based questions. The technical questions were based on the mathematics I might have completed in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Could you please describe the standard deviation and mean of the Normal distribution?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!