PwC

Updated Dec 21, 2014
2,534 Interview Reviews

2.9

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC.

the process went very fast. I think may be because i had worked for the firm previously. i would say it was easy to average. they asked about CPA status and previous experience like every other interview.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question, although they asked about how 'audits are performed' in general.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I applied through my school's career website. I got a first round and had a 1 on 1 interview with a Tax Manager, who I actually ended up meeting the night before the Interview at the Pre-Interview Reception. I found out 2 weeks later that I got a 2nd round and would have a Tax SuperDay at the actual office. The Tax SuperDay was about a month later and consisted of 2 days. PwC paid for my hotel and there was again a Pre-Interview dinner the night before, which was really fun. I got to connect and talk to a lot of people who worked in the department I was interviewing for and it really helped to calm my nerves.

The next morning I had 3 interviews including one with a partner. All three individuals were very easygoing and easy to talk to!

Overall, a great experience; they genuinely just want to get to know you as a person and aren't looking to trip you up or anything.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were strictly behavioral and I ended up just having a normal conversation with the interviewers. However one did ask me a question along the lines of "Was there a time when you realized you made a mistake in something and how did you go about alleviating that mistake?"

I was just caught off guard and quickly had to think of a situation that matched this, but overall the questions were simple and it was a great experience!

Answer Question

Internal Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Usual Interview by Manager / Senior Manager. Waited for 4 weeks before they reply that i was accepted for the job. Signed appointment letter but the next day they retract the offer stating changes in the structuring of manpower........ seems like they cannot even decide if there is a opening tor hire or not.

Not really any room for negotiation Just accept what they offer.

Core Assurance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

learn more about your skills and preferences, ask you several behavioral-based interview questions, talk through some of the information in your Talent Profile, as well as your potential career interests.

Audit Associate Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

I attended a school that PwC does not actively recruit from. I was contacted by a recruiter to set a phone interview. The phone interview was focused on my academic experience and was conversation based. Later that day I was contacted to set up an in-office interview. The office visit consisted of three interviews and a lunch. All three of the interviews were conversation based. They really just want to get to know you and see if you fit in with the firm. Make sure you know your strengths and weaknesses. Questions were also concerned with leadership experience and conflict resolution.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used your personal network to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Applied online on a Friday, got an email the following Monday asking for a phone interview, which would be scheduled for the coming Wednesday. Wednesday came, no call from the recruiter. I called and left a message, the recruiter called back saying their "systems" were down or something like that. Call rescheduled for the coming Friday. Friday comes, no call. I email this time, and get an email back asking for another reschedule that would take place at a inopportune time for me, but I accept not wanting to miss out on this opportunity. So after working twelve hours overnight, 6pm to 6am, and staying up until 9am to do this phone interview, I wasn't exactly 100%. (I am currently transitioning military and my current position involves revolving shifts). Not surprisingly, no follow up, call back..nothing. Thanks PwC.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview process was very simple. I was a college hire so I had one interview on campus and then was brought into the office for the second interview. The in office interview was actually pretty casual, meet with a partner, senior manager, and then a manager. They responded quite quickly as they got back to everyone either same day or the next day.

Interview Questions
    • PwC has a model of looking for well rounded individuals when it comes to financial knowledge so be prepared to respond to general finance topics as it will not be limited to just accounting topics.   Answer Question

SummerDigital Trust Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Long process! Longer than most I've seen. Also been waiting for a while for the final bit to be scheduled. Overall process: Online application form, online tests- numerical and logical, phone interview, assessment day (written business report, numerical, logical and a group exercise) and then final partner interview which is held on a separate day (waiting for the final interview to be scheduled now).

Still waiting on final interview. Yes so far...

Transaction Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Very relaxed environment. Interview tries to make you feel comfortable to get to know you better in a non pressure environment. Interviewed with the partner of the group I would be working while on college campus.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Fist round was an interview on campus. This consisted of a prenight dinner to network with current employees, and an interview the next day from the director who was sitting at your table. This interview only had three questions which were all behavioral, so make sure you make it conversational and ask questions so it lasts the entire 30 minutes. This was followed by final round on site three weeks later. There again was a prenight networking dinner from 6-9, and it is extremely helpful if you locate who your interviewers are for the next day. The next day had a breakfast, and then three thrity minute interviews with a director, manager, and senior associate. At the end of the day you are taken out to lunch by a current associate and then depart. Everyone was extremely welcoming and helpful throughout the process. I was called at 6:30 that day and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was an extremely straight forward interview. Mostly behavioral questions.   View Answer