PwC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
2,164 Interview Reviews

2.9

Experienced Associate Interview

First a phone interview and then an office visit that consists of 3 interviews. The office visit would have an HR representative, a manager and a partner to conduct your interviews separately. HR personnel would ask behavior question. Manager would ask technical questions. Partner would ask questions like why you would want to join PwC, what are your long-term goals etc..

Interview Questions
    • What would your old firm think of if you tell them your leaving the company   Answer Question

Evaluation and Assessment Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

From application to offer decision to process was approximately 6 weeks.

I applied online via PwC's website. One week after submitting my application, I was contacted by a PwC recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview was scheduled one week after that initial contact. The phone-screen was approximately 10 minutes long. The recruiter asked about my past experience, was really trying to identify whether I had the skills and experience required for the position.
    One week after the phone-screen, I received a phone call from a PwC recruiting manager to schedule a HireVue video-conference interview. The interview was scheduled for one week later. The interview lasted approximately one hour with the Director and Senior Manager. They asked behavioral questions, as well as questions related to my proficiency with software tools. Overall the interview went well. The fact that it was video-conferenced may have eased my nerves (they interviewed out of their home-offices); although video-conference interviews may takeaway from capturing certain intricacies of someones' personality. I felt confident that I answered all the questions and was eager to find out if I would be successful/not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you helped your team get out of a difficult situation.
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult supervisor.
      Tell me about a time you exhibited great time management skills.
        Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

MBA hire. Apply through school career center. First round on campus, Final round on site. Offer extended the day after the final interview.

First round interview includes two back-to-back interviews taking 45 mins each. All behavioral and conversational. Watch out for some situational questions that require thoughtful answers.

Second round interview includes one case interview and two behavioral interviews, all back-to-back.

Interview Questions
    • Some situational questions such as what would you do if you are required to deliver a negative message to client?   Answer Question
    Standard base and signing for MBAs

Senior Associate, Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Applied through campus job board for entry level position. Had 2 rounds of interview: first round was on campus with line of service's director and second round with 2 managers and a partner at company's office in Chicago. The interviews were mainly about me, my experience and my interest in the company. Couple technical questions and behavioral questions. No case interviews. Very relaxed atmosphere, easy going people.

Hiring process took long. After first round of interview I was invited for a second round in about a week. But after second round, the decision process took almost 6 weeks. As it turned out, my application was moved from entry level position to experienced position, and I ended up getting an offer for Senior Associate position.

Transaction Services Associate Interview

Make the switch over from audit to Financial Due Diligence - Transaction Services. Takes some networking, proving yourself and a slow transition. A phone screening as well as a super day of four interview. Questions about Working Capital, Debt and Debt Like items, Quality of Earnings, and personality questions. Case study of these items can be used as well to determine the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There is a business case involving the aforementioned items.   View Answer
    There really wasn't one.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Applied through employee referral. Received mail within a week to schedule an interview. I found the recruiter a little unprofessional. I couldn't hear what she was asking. Kept on writing all that I said while I was speaking.Asked about my resume, my achievements, how I have helped others, if I had taken help from others etc.
    She would not reply to any follow up emails or turn back calls.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

I had a phone interview with a senior associate for one hour discussing the role, my background and the reason I am interested in this role. The call went well so the next day I was brought in for a live interview. I had an interview with an associate, a manager and a director. It was pretty strait forward.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Risk Assurance Interview

The first round interview was very easy if you can make the interview more conversational rather than just the manager asking questions. The 2nd round consists of 3 interviews usually back to back to back. It is a long process but you are assigned an associate to help you throughout the day. At the end of the interviews, you go to lunch with associates. Its important to network during that time.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Big 4 compared to Industry?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Applied online and got a referral from a manager from a different office. Wasn't able to go through campus recruiting due to college being outside US, so it involved following up with a lot of recruiters. Had a preliminary phone screening, which was essentially to make sure you weren't a total freak. Basic questions about yourself, interest in accounting, and mostly just walking through your resume. Had I think 2 other similar screenings as follow ups (it seemed like I was getting passed around recruiters for a bit repeating the same step in the interview process). Was informed of an in person interview at the office the following month. Met with a partner and a manager. Both interviews focused on my resume and interest in the position/accounting. Not many difficult questions (none really that I hadn't prepared for: why PwC, why audit etc.). It felt like they were trying to get more of a feel of your fit with the company rather than your qualifications and whether you would last or not. Both interviews ended up as more of a conversation about my travels etc.

Got a call the next day from the partner I interviewed with and my main recruiter that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, took what was offered (same package offered by other big 4 firms I received offers from). It's probably possible to negotiate, but I didn't feel like I had any leverage to do so.