PwC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Initial interview on campus. Half hour interview with a manager Was invited for 2nd interview/office visit several weeks later. This consisted of 5-7 one on one interviews. Interviews were with people from all different levels of the firm...1st year staff all the way to a partner. Firm did a great job of letting you meet wide variety of staff.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

I applied to intern position via campus hiring online then received a phone call inviting the super day event. I was with candidates at superday and interviewed with 3 different managers.

Interview Questions
    • there is no difficult question, questions are straightforward   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

I applied through a referral. I was contacted by HR-initial phone screen, phone interview with a Director level, then in-person interview with 3 personnel (Principal, Managing Director, Manager). Questions were mostly behavioral and technical, I thought I answered them well and showed great enthusiasm and knowledge of the firm and its operations. I asked a lot of thought-provoking questions. During second phone interview, they wanted something more specific and targeted within my background and skill-set as the 2nd interviewer was iffy on proceeding with me or not to the next round. Had great dialogue with the in-person interviewers as well & I was a seasoned consulting former employee at one of their prime competitors. Pretty shocked they decided not to pursue my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • Dig deeper into a specific work situation or issue- how would you go about doing that differently? What was the most challenging part of a specific assignment or role?   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

I applied on line and got a phone interview followed by video interview. Two people interviewed me virtually via a webcam -- a first for me. One asked technical questions about writing process and the other more general questions about working as part of a virtual team and doing marketing writing

Interview Questions
    • What is your writing style? and How do you keep your sanity when you have a lot of deadlines?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

First, PwC held a pre-interview reception the night before they interviewed students on campus. This gives students an opportunity to meet staff and network. This is a very important part of the process because this is your first impression in person. This gives the staff an opportunity to first observe students in a social setting and see whether they can get along with these students.

Next, the on-campus interview is the second opportunity for the staff interviewing the student to determine whether they would get along. The staff will be working closely with the student while the student is interning and probably once a job offer is extended at the end of the internship. It's very important that everyone can get along during busy season. During the interview, there usually aren't any typical interview questions asked. The interviewer may pick out one interesting section of your resume and ask you about it, but the conversation can go anywhere from there. Before you know it, the 20 minutes is up. If this happens, it's a good sign.

Next, students attend an in-office interview. This is a day long process where you are assigned an Associate "buddy" who leads you around the office to show it off to you. This is typically PwC's chance to court the student. The student is interviewed twice, and then participates in networking activities with other students being interviewed.

Finally, the call back!

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer for an internship. At the end of the internship I was extended an offer to start as an Associate upon graduation, but I declined because I decided to go to law school.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

On campus interview, office interview. The office interview had 3 interviews and lunch, including 2 behavorial interviews and ! case interview. For the case interview you have 45 minutes in the office to hand write a deck on information you have been given 2 days prior (it was a data dump).

Transaction Services Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

The review process was very straight forward. Met with a few managers and directors and just talked generally about my goals and why I wanted to join the practice. A final interview with one of the partners was slightly more technical but nothing too intense than the basics.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your aptitude, work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straightforward. Pass it, and then you get to meet interview with the branch manager.

Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions
    • First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question
    I had a signing bonus.

Actuarial Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

3 one one one in person interviews each half hour (one HR and 2 with partners) after a phone interview, got offer that day and accepted, interview was a little challenging but not long

Interview Questions
    • typical interview questions, no case study, not much more than that, got offer that day   Answer Question
    didnt negotiate

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

This was for MBA hires and they did 2 rounds of interviews, one at campus and one in their offices for final rounds. The first round was a combination of behavioral and situational interviews and they asked basic questions around why consulting and why PwC. Second and final interview rounds included a case questions and another behavioral