PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Very easy 3 step process. First step was an on campus interview that was relatively simple and then I had an additional interview on campus. The last phase was an in person interview at the office that lasted all day. I spoke with a manager, a director, a partner, and a rep from HR.

Interview Question – There were not many difficult questions. Most were specific questions related to my field of study.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Question – Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Advisory

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of Interview.
First Round: 30 minute behavioral with Partner
Second Round: 30 -45 Minute case interview and two 30 minute behavioral interviews one with partner and one with a manager.

Interview Question – I didn't think any of the questions were hard.

Following are examples of questions:
Tell me about your 4 failures and 4 success.
What do you think is a required trait in a consultant and how do you plan to incorporate that in yourself?
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview during first round, 3 on-site interviews second round. Interviews for interns are conducted by a Senior Associate (who will be working with that intern), Manager, and Director-level. Accepted interns are notified fairly quickly (1 week) because decision is made almost immediately after the interview. Travel to interview site (typically within major city close to the University) is reimbursed.

Interview Question – Business cases are provided for full-time consultants, but not for interns. Questions are mostly behavioral and will revolve around explaining the applicant's ability to approach a problem, both individually and in teams, and solve the problem using resources available (research, peers, University staff). This simulates their ability to solve real-world consulting problems within the industry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate offered, no negotiation.

Elevate Interview

Elevate
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting - two 30 minute interviews with a manager and a partner. It was straightforward and just behavioral. I was inexperienced at the time, so I bombed it but looking back it was an easy interview.

Interview Question – None, all are straightforward   Answer Question

Knowledge Services - Knowledge Management Senior Associate Interview

Knowledge Services - Knowledge Management Senior Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – They asked about my past experience and how it related to the position I was pursuing.
I spoke with the Screener, then the hiring Manager, then a prospective co-worker who was a Manager within the group and then HR, who informed me of the offer.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – If you go through the recruiting process straight from college, the recruiters hold your hand through everything. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. PwC gave me the best vibe of the Big 4 companies, and I felt the manager really cared to get to know us. The bad part though is that there are thousands of kids shooting for a few positions around the country, so you really need to make yourself stand out!

Interview Question – What are your two most important qualities that you will bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very basic job application process via campus recruiting. Went in for a one day interview, which included 2 separate interviews, one with a partner and the other with HR. Very relaxed and easy going interview, more of a conversation actually. No out of the blue questions, just wanted to know why accounting and why PwC. Very friendly and professional experience.

Interview Question – Why have you specifically chosen audit?   Answer Question

Risk-Assurance Interview

Risk-Assurance
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was primarily behavioral and honestly did not have much to do with accounting or information controls at all. The interview was more about my life and finding a stylistic fit from a work-life balance point a view.

Interview Question – Describe to me a time that you had a bad group or group project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an internship so the hourly rate is really not negotiable.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Risk Assurance Associate
Corvallis, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process consisited of a meet and greet the day prior to the formal interviews. There I met with several members of the staff and management as well as my interviewer. Made it to the first round interview. Questions were behavioral in nature. Meet and greet was business casual and the topics ranged from employees' experience with the firm to current events in sports.

Interview Question – What is your favorite cartoon character and why?   Answer Question