PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Question – Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 one one one in person interviews each half hour (one HR and 2 with partners) after a phone interview, got offer that day and accepted, interview was a little challenging but not long

Interview Question – typical interview questions, no case study, not much more than that, got offer that day   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didnt negotiate

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was for MBA hires and they did 2 rounds of interviews, one at campus and one in their offices for final rounds. The first round was a combination of behavioral and situational interviews and they asked basic questions around why consulting and why PwC. Second and final interview rounds included a case questions and another behavioral

Interview Question – Who I'd want to meet that I haven't   Answer Question

Summer Audit Interview

Summer Audit
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first step was an on-campus interview, which included a happy hour the night before. Meet as many people as possible, but talk to your interviewer only briefly so that you have plenty to talk about at the interview. The campus interview will likely include a review of your resume, a few questions about your strengths, weaknesses, and working style. Be sure to make a great personal connection and thank your interviewer via email or note!

The second step is the office visit. This includes a dinner the night before, and an entire day in the office with info sessions, interviews, and lunch. Ask lots of questions and gain insights from everyone you meet! They are looking for individuals with great grades, who are also very curious and socially amiable.

Interview Question – The Firm is very open about "coaching" you to do better at all times, starting right from the interview. Do not be surprised to be be coached or told how you could improve right in the middle of your interview! If coaching is not something you're comfortable with, this is not the firm for you!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Most Big 4 intern wages are set ahead of time and you usually cannot negotiate.

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

Experienced Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, followed by two in-office interviews. Friendly and definitely more focused on personality and fit in the group than technical knowledge. I enjoyed the interview process and left feeling relieved.

Interview Question – Cannot recall any particularly difficult or surprising questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds. I passed through the first two rounds and made it to office day interviews. I prepared a lot for the interviews and actually thought I did badly on the first two. Anyways. During the office day interview, I was funneled in with a couple of other potential audit associates from other schools. First half: Recruiters were nice and lunch was amazing. Second half: A round of 4 interviewers: two staff auditors and 2 partners. All went well until the last partner.

Interview Question – Why do you you would fit with the PwC team.?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through PWC's online platform for a job listing and was contacted 3 months later (there was a lull in the hiring for this position). The first phone screening with the recruiter was the typical 30 minute interview about what you're seeking, your background, etc. After that, the next round was an in person interview with multiple team members. Since this position was for the core services group, there is no mathematical assessment or skills test or group interview which was definitely a plus. The 1 on 1 interviews with the team members went well, and they asked standard questions relating to previous experience. Not many behavioral based questions, all straight forward. We kept the conversation flowing and I received positive feedback during that time. The only thing that I disliked was that they rejected me based on 2 reasons, 1 of which was invalid, saying that I seemed adamant about doing something which is normally beneath what I was performing at my previous job. I assured them during the interview that that was the direction I wanted to take and was in fact what I was seeking so I disliked that they blamed it on that.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Forensics Interview

Forensics
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details – They scheduled a phone interview with one of their current employees who was currently out on the field. it was not a very long interview, about thirty minutes tops. The whole process was a screening before they decided to take the interview process into their office. Therefore, it was much more casual than I had expected.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Tax
South Florida, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the elevate summer leadership program after meeting the recruitment representatives at my school's career fair. I got invited back for an on campus interview. A couple weeks after the on campus interview, I was notified that I had been selected for the summer leadership program. Before the leadership program, I went to the office I was most interested in and interviewed with a senior manager and a partner. Apparently they like to do the interviews before the leadership program so candidates aren't stressed at the program. I was called by one of the tax directors about a week after the program and was offered an internship for the following summer.

Interview Question – Do you like working in groups? What is a challenge you have overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Tax
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – very difficult intern in NY as opposed to other offices. This office was very cut throat. I was asked extremely difficult questions about previous internships and the companies I worked for. These were questions that someone at a manager level would know the answers to.

Interview Question – what were the revenues, assets and liabilities for a previous internship?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didnt like the office