PwC

Updated Jan 21, 2015
2,604 Interview Reviews

2.9

Associate Interview

2 phone interviews plus 1 face to face interview. Nothing unexpected in phone interviews, just behavior questions and talked few former work experience. after about 1 month, they invited me to their office for onsite. Overall it was not bad, good work environment.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First contacted a PwC campus represent through school's career fair. Applied via school career center website and was selected for Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) on-campus interview. 2 rounds in total. 1st Interview: On-campus; all behavioral questions. Surprised to have a 1st round interview with a partner but went well. Selected for 2nd round: office-visit interview. 3 interviews at office. 1 with partner, 2 with MDs. Each interview is 45 minutes long. Most questions were fit/behavioral, but had some technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One of the MDs asked about accounting terms such as cashflows. Froze immediately.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I was first interviewed on campus and was invited for an office visit and pre-interview dinner. The experience on the whole was great. I was interviewed by a partner, associate director and manager separately. Very thorough questions to assess the potential of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How has your networking skills helped you in difficult situations?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

I went for an interview at the Philadelphia office and met with three senior members and a recent associate. During the meetings with managers we discussed trends in health care, what I believe were traits that were needed for consulting, the average schedule of associate and work load.

Interview Questions
    • What trend in healthcare legislation do you see and what are some examples of how it can affect clients.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Campus recruitment process. Big 4 pre-interview socials the night before were standard. 1st on-campus interview with a partner who was very relaxed and friendly with a few behavioral questions. 2nd round office interviews similar but you are able to meet the lower level staff and are interviewed by managers as well as another partner.

2nd round interview was an all morning ordeal and they will take you out to a very nice lunch and decide if you get the offer while you are gone with the lower lvl staff.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of a particular question that stands out as the most difficult because all of the big 4 are pretty laid back and seem like they simply want to get to know you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it seems like out of college all of the big four compete and settle around a set lvl for all of their new hires.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   View Answer

Risk Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Started at a big meet the firms event, then an on campus interview if they seemed your resume met their criteria, if you pass the first interview then a super day with an office tour and 3 back to back interviews. All questions were behavioral and not too difficult. They just want to get to know you and see if you can hold a competent conversation when they send you off to deal with clients. Everyone was really welcoming and made you feel like you were already apart of the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you resolved a problem working with someone from a different background as you   Answer Question
    No negotioation

Tax Attorney/FTN Interview

A PwC recruiter discovered my resume online and contacted me directly. From there, we established a date, time and location for an interview. The directions and expectations were clear. The interview itself, with two individuals within the company, was to the point and hit on the main requirements and expectations. The atmosphere and attitude of the group were also explained.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straight forward and to the point. There were no hidden mirrors or tricks.   Answer Question

IT Program Manager Interview

I was an internal hire from another department. I submitted my resume through the system and eventually interviewed with who was to be my new manager. He later told me my old director pulled him aside and bad mouthed me quite a bit. Fortunately the 5 years of annual evaluations from that same director, all with highest or second highest possible ratings, said the opposite and he saw that she was trying to keep me on her team.

Interview Questions
    • Why is <name> telling me that you are a bad worker?   View Answer
    Got a 25% raise, so didn't try to negotiate

SummerITPA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

One campus interview , 3 super day interviews in NYC office. Took two weeks to shortlist after the campus interview. A buddy is assigned to each person on super day and after a half hour presentation the 3 interviews are conducted back to back each interview between 25 to 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. Technical question was asked on the academic project listed on my resume.   View Answer