PwC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
2,796 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Had a very unprofessional exchange with the recruiter who contacted me out of the blue, set up and blew off TWO phone screenings with me in a row coming up with a last minute weird excuse at the last moment, and then ultimately, after I reached out to him to follow up, he told me that I was not qualified for the job. It's like OK... Well then why did you reach out to me in the first place??? They seem pretty disorganized and also rude.

Advisory Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview process consisted of a phone screening then invitation to an on site "super day". This day had 3 different interviews as well as a corporate presentation. Overall, you will interview with typically a manager, managing director, and partner, but it could differ depending on staffing. Really pleasant people-- both the interviewers and your fellow interviewees. Had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is a data driven solution you have implemented?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a challenge working with someone in a team and how you responded.   Answer Question
    • Why consulting?   Answer Question

Tax Summer Interview

Applied through school website. It was a great interview experience. I went to the super day, able to get a closer look of the company and get a better understanding of company culture. unfortunately did not get an offer, plan to apply for full time again

Core Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Applied through a university database. Received an invitation for an on-campus interview. While in the lobby waiting for your interviewer, there is a greeting committee. There is a greeter assigned to you and will escort you to your interviewer when the time comes.

Interview Questions
    • - Name 3 strengths and 3 weakness.
      - Describe a time where you had to overcome adversity, what did you learn from it?
      - Describe a time you were in a leadership role, how did you motivate others?
      - What would you do if you caught a colleague doing something illegal/unethical?

Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   View Answer

Core Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Typical campus interview then second round interview with an office visit. Interviewed with a manager, senior manager, and a partner revolving around their three pillars. Pretty much all behavioural and very little about my background.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and had to convince a group to see things your way.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Applied thru college. About 45 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral ones and the interviewer was a manager. The talk was pretty easy. Introduce yourself. Why pwc. Why Tax. What is your weakness

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you apply others' suggestions into your work   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I applied through campus recruitment, graduate program with a 3.6 GPA. Prior to your first round interview, there will be a reception. This is pretty casual, use the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourself to the recruiter and Associates/Partners as they may interview you the next day. 1st round is a simple behavioral interview, know why you want to work for Pwc, explain your background, and ask questions. Most importantly be excited and show you are eager to learn and have something to add to the firm.
    Final round interviews in NYC are a superday, two 30 min behavioral and one case interview. You will most likely meet with a Manager, Senior Associate, and finally a Partner. You're given the case two days in advance so you can prepare, and upon arrival are given 45 min to prepare a presentation on hard copies of powerpoint slides, and answer additional questions given to you upon arrival- this is nothing to be worried about! Some people who prepped for months doing case studies did not get an offer- I had no prior case interview experience except from a class the previous fall semester. I read some of Case and Point and watched Victor Cheng's youtube videos. You will simply present your slides to a Manager or Senior Assoc.
    I suggest using the STAR method for all behavioral questions.
    There will be A LOT of time for you to ask questions, so DO YOUR RESEARCH!!
    And- do not forget to send thank you emails to EVERYONE you met with before the end of the day.
    I had my final round interview on a Friday, the Partner called me on a Saturday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader in group work? Tell me an example
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict in group work
      What is interesting about you that's not on your resume?
      Why PwC?
      Tell me why I should hire you in 60 seconds.

Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The interview process consists of a series of traditional case interviews, which ranged from easy to difficult. There were both behavioral and technical portions. The interviewers were a series of individuals I had not met before. They included pressure situations, brain teasers and critical thinking.

I was able to stay focused and calm because I prepared with mock interviews, using a service at wwww.MyNetworkz.com. It was extremely helpful.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question