PwC Interview Questions

3,278 Interview Reviews

2.9

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Quick and to the point covering technical as well as soft skills. With 3 separate panelists interviewing and asking different questions. All the interviews were on 1 days with myself and other shortlisted candidates

Interview Questions

• Technical process analysis walkthrough question, which was expected and is commonplace in such a regulated industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uncomfortable as can be expected, between new relationships being built

Risk Assurance Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen by a recruiter. It lasted around 30 / 40 min. Very classical, questions where tell me about you, why Price and specific questions about my background. I spoke about my experience, asked questions about Price, being a consultant, career and so on. The call went really well but did not worked out, I received an email one week later saying there was no match. I did not really understand why.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied on the career website of my school then got selected to do a campus interview. After that, i was selected for another round of interviews which is called the Superday, after that they notified me I got the offer

Interview Questions

• give an example where you able to work under pressure? tell me about yourself? why PwC? Why you chose Risk Assurance?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The initial phone round was professionally handled and smooth. Round 2 was a nightmare, with the process went quickly downhill. I had a F2F, where the interviewer entered the room 20 mins late, asked me totally random questions (the first round was way more organized and pointed), and essentially only talked to me for 5 mins. Even worse was the fact that while I was sitting in his room, I could see a list of other candidates with names with a check or cross against their names. Ridiculous. Maybe a one-off instance, but surely very off-putting. Made even more disgusting by the fact that they offered me a job later. I could have justified this behavior if they were not interested in me, but to present yourself like this to someone you want to hire is baffling to me.

Interview Questions

• First Round (phone) was mostly about data analysis questions, with other questions testing my business sense. Second Round was a major ramble.   Answer Question

INTERVIEW REVIEW Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview process was thorough - met PwC staff onsite at a college fair. Then had a phone interview with HR. An in person interview was scheduled in the office with the team's partner, manager and then it was followed by attending lunch with seniors. It was almost an entire day interview process

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at PwC   1 Answer

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two HR screening interviews and then one phone interview with Senior Manager. Invited to in office interviews where I interviewed with 3 people (Manager, Sr Manager and Director level). Interview questions included Skills Assessment and the usual background questions. There was no case study but the director presented a challenging set of questions in the Tell me a time when... format. I interviewed with multiple top 5 consulting firms and PwC was the most positive experience. Interviewers were respectful of time and offered a lot of information on the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on previous experience (tell me a time when...). These were the toughest questions but should not be an issue for anyone who has prepared well for the interview.   Answer Question

After in office interviews, I was presented an offer. However, the offer was contingent upon the official signing of a contract (this was not mentioned during the interview process). I had to wait for 3 weeks for the written offer to be sent to me but the contract was still not signed. I waited 3 more weeks and delayed a decision on another offer but ultimately decided I could not give up the other offer as it was significantly more salary.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and it took me 3 weeks to get the response. The employer was very friendly and it seems that they have a great corporation culture.

Intern Interview

Interview

The meetings and arrangements were entirely hassle-free, and handled well by the recruiting team. Laid-back interview style, but keep in mind that it was also very professional. Met with three different people within the firm, and had an interview with each of them, following a first-round interview screening a few weeks prior.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I interviewed with a director on campus during the fall recruiting season. The night before the in-office interviews, all the candidates were taken to dinner at a nice restaurant where we met HR reps and seniors from assurance and tax. The interviews were fairly relaxed. I met with a director and other management personnel. Everyone was very positive and friendly. Then they took us to lunch in small groups with some of the seniors, followed by an overview of employee benefits with the HR staff. The entire day lasted about five hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst class you had in school and why was it the worst one?   Answer Question

PwC Elevate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Filled out application and heard back about a week later for an interview on campus. Interview was very basic and stress free. More of a get to know you situation with an occasional behavioral question. The behavioral questions focused more on team environments and situations. They want to see how you work in a team.