PwC

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,527 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Campus interview and onsite interviews are all behavioral based and are all 1:1.
    Many questions are on leadership and teamwork experiences.
    Know yourself and know the position and PwC. Find enough reasons to convince yourself and interviewers why you fit in the position. There could be very detailed questions.
    Ask good questions to show you know the position and PwC.

Interview Questions
    • There could be very detailed questions on your experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round interview on campus. Second round interview at location in NYC.
    At office visit in NYC there were 3 Interviews:
    First interview was with someone in HR- mostly behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with a Senior Associate- asked more technical accounting questions.
    Third interview was with a partner- very friendly and was asked general questions about the accounting industry and why I wanted to work for PwC in particular.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC?
      What do you know about the accounting industry?
      Tell me about a time when you had to get your work reviewed.
      Tell me about a time you had to defend an unpopular opinion.

Answer Question
    none

Intern Interview

Phone screening led to in house interview which was then followed by an invite to their Superday which consists of 3 -1 on 1 interviews then a lunch. The environment is very comfortable and didn't feel any tension at all. They are very quick to respond where I got a call back that day.

Interview Questions
    • All my interviews were behavioral... Give me an example where you were on a team and couldn't met a deadline... etc   Answer Question
    Wasn't in a position to negotiate nor did I really need to

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

2 interviews. The interview was more of a get to know you phase. I interviewed with 4 people total. There were no technical questions. I visited the office to see what it was like. I enjoyed the people who walked me through the office. Associates also took me out to lunch to get to know them more.

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The first round interview was very calm and relaxed, just turned out to be a conversation. The super day was an all day event that contained interviews with employees of varying importance from new associate to partner. I ended up being called just a few hours after the super day was over with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you have read in the WSJ that interested you lately?   View Answer
    There was none.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Applied through campus recruiting website. Got an email 2 weeks later getting invited to Superday event. The firm flies you in and pays for hotel. Superday was a presentation and 3 1-1 interviews with managers/partners

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

If you have the experience, and you don't get a call, it's usually timing. PwC is always in need of talent. So if at first you don't succeed, follow up, try again, try with other contacts, do what you must. PwC employees have an incentive to recruit. Reach out to any sort of contact you have, sell yourself to your contact, and they will push you to HR... if you've got it. Once in the door, first round is usually with recruiting, possible phone interview, then onto specific industry and market team HR managers potentially a phone interview also. After that you likely have 2 rounds, a senior manager or partner for both rounds. At that level, you have the best and brightest in the game interviewing you. They are going to ask you a bit about your experience, but that won’t be a focus. Your attitude, personality, character, sociability..that’s what they are looking for. Get your story together, practice in front of a mirror, dress sharp, think smart, and present yourself. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Be an interesting person, bring that to the interview. They are trying to get to know you.You can control that. If you can't than that's where the unexpected questions are coming from.   Answer Question

Public Sector Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Easy interview. applied trough campus recruiting website. on campus interview was easy with a manager. on site was three interviews. first was with a manager, second was with a director and was a case interview and third was with the partner.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were behavioral based. there was one case interview on site.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First had a campus interview. That was pretty easy, asked a few behavioral questions but was mainly conversational. Was invited to an office interview. Had three interviews: one HR rep, one manager, and one partner. Honestly the interviews really depended on who you met with, all three of mine were completely different in terms of questions and formality, but nonetheless they were pretty easy. Just go in with interesting things to talk about and ask really good questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you stood up for something you believe in   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

PwC use their own interview guide to ask questions in both the first and second round interview. Be prepared! it's more than just typical behavior questions and very detailed.

Interview Questions
    • Know your career plan and fully know the reason behind your every choice in life (why this Unvi? why this city?)   Answer Question