PwC

Updated Feb 26, 2015
2,699 Interview Reviews

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Did it through on campus recruiting. One round on campus and second round they flew me onsite. Everyone I met was very nice and I can tell they care a lot about the candidates. Finally declined offer because I joined a different industry, but the overall impression throughout the process was extremely positive.

Management Consultant/Risk Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I dropped my resume on my school website and applied on the PwC website in January. There was no cover letter required (although you were allowed to submit "additional documents"). I received a first-round interview, went to a pre-interview mixer to pick up some insider views on "why PwC" and stuff like that. Went through first rounds, sent a follow up RIGHT after (they deliberate on you the same day they choose you so make sure you send it RIGHT AWAY!), and didn't make round 2 for GPA reasons. :(

Interview Questions
    • None; were quite typical, behavioral ones. Questions (not verbatim) below:

- What is your favorite class and why?
      - Tell me about a time you to prioritize and how you handled the situation.
      - You think you overhear a colleague spill confidential information to an outside source. What do you do?

View Answer

Management/Risk Consulting Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

After resume screening, all first round interviewees are invited to a pre-interview social the evening before the first round interview, to network with professionals. Highly recommended to attend. Then there is the first round of interviews: behavioural. Then PwC sorts out final round interviewees into Risk and Management Consulting on their own, and then each of these has a separate hiring process. Final round is conducted in the office with 3 back to back interviews: partner, manager and director. There is also a jeopardy game which is informal: to educate interviewees about how awesome PwC is. Each interviewer is given a host, who shows them around the office and navigates them from one interview to the other.

Interview Questions
    • 1st round: behavioural. Why Consulting? Why PwC? Situational "Tell me about a time when..." questions.
      2nd round: 2 behaviourals and one case. Behaviorals are based on PwC's new value system called PwC Professional. The case is given 48 hours in advance and questions are given on the day of the interview and you get 45 minutes to think of the answers and make slides. questions are pretty obvious...you're basically making recommendations for the client based on the case study and presenting to the interviewer in the form of a role play.

Answer Question

Forensic Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

1. apply through campus career service
    2. receive invitation to pre-interview social the day before official interview
    had the chance to talk to current staff and other pwc newly recruited full time employee
    3. 30 minutes interview, mainly behavior questions
    did not get invitation for second round

Interview Questions
    • ask projects in resume and how to manage multiple priorities   Answer Question

AdvisoryManagement Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

2 fold process after application submission. Applied via school. First round (behavioral) interview on campus. Got an invitation for 2nd round within a week. Went to the office for 2nd rounds - comprised of 2 behavioral interviews (one with a partner, one with a manager) and a case interview (with a director)
    Got a call the same evening extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral - tell me about a time when you were wrong and how you went about fixing the problem. Talk about X experience on your resume. I really think this depends on the interviewer - I had one super friendly interviewer (I spoke about myself - whatever I wanted to tell - and she was encouraging of that rather than asking specific questions) and the other one was very precise and wanted answers to specific questions in as much detail as possible. So it depends.   Answer Question

Core Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

The key to acing PwC's interviewing questions is to practice on all the sample interview questions you come across. They tend to ask behavioral based questions.Also thoroughly be abreast with what is current with PwC. Peruse through their websites and be familiar with the content on there. Lastly be your self, and be memorable and don't forget to show some personality to distinguish yourself from the rest of the candidates. Remember it is all about confidence!

Interview Questions
    • 1)how do you keep up with current affairs/news. 2) why PWC?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Applied through OCR and got a first round interview on campus. All normal behavioral questions, like why consulting, why do you think you'd make a good consultant, and questions about leadership and how you handle conflicts. That was on a Friday, and I got notified of final round interviews the Monday right after.

Final round interviews consisted of 3 parts: 2 behavioral and 1 case. They sent out the case 2 days before the interview, but with no questions. At the beginning of the day, we were given 45 mins to write up answers to the case questions given then in the form of hard copy powerpoint slides. Then we were taken by our hosts (nice touch I think) and brought to each interview. It varies which interview you get first. My behavioral interviews were a bit the same, although one of them asked tough/ambiguous questions where I didn't know where he was going. The person who interviewed me for the case pretended to be the client the whole time and didn't react. After the 3 interviews, we had a Jeopardy game in lieu of the regular getting to know the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why risk consulting?
      What was a situation where you had to deal with a difficult member and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

I applied through my university's career service center. I was selected to interview on-campus. I attended a pre-interview dinner the night before. Then, I interviewed with a partner. The interview was more of a conversation, walking through my resume. I was offered a second interview at an office site.

ITPA ARCA Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Focus mainly on fit (so behavioral questions) rather than technical and case/stress interviews. PwC's outlook is that there are things you can learn and things you can't learn--so they focus on fit for most interviews. The only thing that was strange was that there was another recruiter that called your name and stood with you and spoke with you/answered questions as the interviewer prepped in the interview room.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your resume. Why consulting? Which accomplishment are you most proud of? What have you found to be most challenging at school or generally?   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

I had applied online and got a call from a recruiter within a few days and scheduled an in person interview. First interviewed with the director, then the partner, and then the manager. The recruiter always kept in touch and responded to my emails promptly. Was offered the position within a couple hours after the interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. However, I never felt discouraged from doing so. I just didn't feel it was necessary.