PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Fantastic process and well-managed; requires more than one interview; once with HR then again with the partners with whom you will work; enjoyed going through the process to learn more about the company and the culture

Interview Question – They followed the standard question list: why you are leaving your current job, an accomplishment you have to report on in your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter so I asked for more money initially and they gave it to me. (only a $2,000 addition)

Intern Interview

Intern
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – After the initial resume/cover letter submission, a recruiter came to campus and had a 1 on 1 interview. Next they invited me to their office where I had 3 thirty minute 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Questions were mostly behavioral and none stood out as too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Elevate Interview

Elevate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process for summer leadership programs like Elevate begins around the month of February. Generally, applicants submit their resume and cover letter both to their school career center website and to the firm's application website. Most applicants receive an invitation within the next few weeks to attend an on-campus interview with a PwC recruiter; if the firm chooses to, they'll extend an invitation to their second round interview/office visit. The second round usually takes place sometime during April, depending on the location of the applicant's preference. Applicants are generally notified of their application decision approximately two weeks after the second round.

Interview Question – Why tax/audit?   View Answer

Software Senior Associate Interview

Software Senior Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call after about 3 weeks from the recruiter. This was general screening and next round was scheduled with Director.
Interview with Director lasted for almost an hour and next round was scheduled with team. They came in groups and complete interview lasted for almost 4.5 hours. Mostly concentrated on my previous experience and how to react in various situations. Interviewers seems pretty satisfied.
At the end HR told me they will get back after a week.

I followed up after 2 weeks and HR said they will let me know the next day. Nothing until 3 weeks, I followed again with the HR, who then said that they are still looking for a candidate with CLOSER experience to the requirements.

I thought this could have been known by having a closer look at my resume. Again the interviewers seemed to be pretty good and friendly, but recruiter was immature and could not answer even the simple questions regarding the company policies.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult just questions about the experience mentioned in my resume   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial 45 minute interview at a recruiting conference followed up with 4 interviews at the NY office. All were conversational interviews with a mix of background, relevant experience and behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Risk Assurance Experienced Associate Interview

Risk Assurance Experienced Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews w/ the same recruiter, followed by a phone interview with a Manager and ultimately an onsite interview with a Partner, Manager and HR. throughout the process I was in communication with my recruiter. The entire process took about 28 days.

Interview Question – Tell me an example of a project you worked on in manufacturing? give me another example.

That type of question was used a lot by both the manager and partner. It threw me off at first, but I had a lot of examples for each project/bullet on my resume.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had two other offers on the table. I was able to use them to counter-offer.

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Experienced Associate - Advisory
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected via the Campus Recruiting route. Had a telephonic screening, background check, 1-1 interview, panel session and a lunch round. Got an offer within 2 days of my panel session. After a few rounds of negotiation, I accepted. The whole process took less than a month.

Interview Question – How many balloons will fill up this room?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotiate sign-on bonus only

Drect Admit Partner Interview

Drect Admit Partner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The direct admit hiring process is laborious and tedious. I met with 18 individuals and had to fly all over the US to do so, but the process is meant to be just that - tedious. The recruiters and staff were fantastic and helped me navigate the process.

Interview Question – Many behavior based questions, as I expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively inflexible and as one of the Big 4 they know what they are doing to try and "entice" through other perks.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Process is ok. Not really tiresome. First HR will call to know you current job status, interest level and so on. Then there will be a telephonic interview. Then face to face interview with 4 or more ppl for 4 hrs. Process can be longer anything from 4 weeks - 8 weeks. Sometime they will not let you know abt ur result for 4 weeks. Depends on demand for resource.

Interview Question – Standard industry question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Summer Interview

Summer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – 2 stages for the interview and hiring process, one on campus and one in the Chicago office. The on the Chicago has 3 interviews while the one on campus is just a conversation with a partner.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time when you had to get someone to agree with you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!