PwC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015
3,280 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. Both are not hard, behavioral based questions for most of the time. Both interviews are very conversational and involved a lot of chatting. The recruiter and people at the office are all very friendly.

AML/Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially applied through a recruiting website and was contacted a few days later. The recruiter asked me preliminary questions about what I was hoping to make and how my experience related to the job. Gave me some pointers for how to display my resume. He referred my information to the PwC hiring manager/recruiter and about a week later, I was contacted again by phone. The hiring manager was very friendly, asked me some more detailed questions about my experience, and gave me some pointers on what to think about and prepare for my interview. He then referred my information to the office and they contacted me several days later to meet for an interview (they do all the interviews as once, so I was able to pick a time of day that worked for me). On the day of, I arrived and sat with 7 other potential candidates while we were given a presentation by the director of the Columbia location. After about 45 minutes going over company policies and the ways in which the "hierarchy" works (very interesting set up!) we were lead to individual interview rooms. Each candidate got their own, and three staff members from various management levels met with us. It was very conversational, mostly behavioral type questions. I got to talk to each interviewer for about 30 minutes. We were told we would be contacted within a few days. A day or so later, I was contacted to be included in a second round of interviews a few weeks later. The second round were "group" interviews and I, along with 4 others, met with a team of interviewers who asked us questions and went down the line one-by-one, giving each of us time to answer. They gave us time to ask our own questions, we were given lunch, and then the location director came in for the "scenario" portion. He presented us a problem, posing as a college administrator who was having difficulty with his enrollment program, and asked us to find a solution to the problem. We went through asking questions we each felt was pertinent for about 15 minutes. One person in our group did come up with a suitable answer, but the goal of the exercise was more or less to see how we think, to examine our team working skills, and to get insight into how we communicate. The hiring manager contacted me the following Monday to tell me that he had been given authorization to make me an offer. I did have to resubmit an application for an "advisory" position, because the AML spots had been filled. Nevertheless, the offer was very fair. All in all, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest professional achievement so far?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when you experienced criticism. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to work in a team setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer was very fair and comparable to others in the industry.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within a week received an email from HR requesting an interview. Interviewed via phone with HR representative. It took a little back and forth because I do not have daily access to the internet or a Smartphone (HR rep was very understanding).

Interview Questions

• HR rep wanted to know my background as a team assistant. Have I scheduled meetings, what is my Outlook experience. Also wanted to know why someone with my experience (administrative supervisor) would want a team assistant position.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, an HR person who welcomes you telling you about all of the opportunities at pwc and three interviewers, a host who gives you a tour and takes you out to lunch. Definitely be prepared to talk about current events, behavioral questions your resume, and why you are interested in pwc. The interview wasn't as bad as i expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a partner in a group project who didn't do any work.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really helpful, straighforward and too the point. They ask you questions that they would like to see in individuals they would have to work with. A good thing to think about is the airport test, which is commonly used in these kinds of interviews.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers and a partner. One behavioral question (standard have to ask all applicants) and just general conversation. One lady legit asked me one question and made me ask her questions the entire time. Like come on lady who's interview is this mine or yours?

Senior Analyst (AML) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC).

Interview

I got a screening call from a PwC about two and a half months ago. The guy asked me about my experience and basically matched up what I told him with my resume and the job posting. A month and a half later I got a call from a PwC recruiter, who introduced himself as "____ from PwC" which isn't exactly true: he's a contract recruiter FOR PwC (more on that down below). Anyway, he called to explain the job and gave me a salary range (after I asked). He said someone from the PwC office would contact me for an interview time and date, and I got an email that afternoon to set up a time and date to come in. The first round consisted of an "intro" presentation by a PwC partner to myself and four other candidates. Then an assistant took each of us to a small office, where PwC staff rotated interviewing us (~30 minutes/interview). I got a call back the next day to come in for the final interview and told me to take two online tests that they emailed me. The final round consisted of me and a few other candidates sitting for a group interview with five PwC staffers and it lasted about an hour. Then they brought in a breakfast to eat and a few of the interviewers left, while a few more came in. The second half of this interview lasted ~45 minutes and was a PwC partner presenting us with a case study and we basically had to treat it like he was the client and we were the consultants, while the rest of the PwC staff in the room observed us. I got a call two days later from the recruiter that initially set up the first interview and he said that they "really wanted" me....and then offered me almost the minimum for the hiring range the recruiter initially told me about. The salary offered is pretty pathetic (considering they are only interviewing experienced people for this job) and though you are free to negotiate, do not expect them to come up more than $1k. The recruiter kept telling me how much they wanted me, though their offer and counter-offer say otherwise. From my own experience with contract recruiters, they get paid based on how many of their leads actually get hired at these firms, so I think he was looking more for a commission rather than what was best for me. They're free to try and get something for nothing, but I'm also free to say "no."

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

One behavioral interview on campus and three off campus. Make sure to be authentic and vocal. Describe yourself, prepare SWOT analysis on yourself and understand PwC's whole leadership model. This will give you a nice added advantage

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with communication gaps and ambiguity in some past project?   Answer Question

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

First was given a very brief phone interview verifying resume and application information. Was told that the recruiter then had 10 business days to get back to me but he didn't so I followed up and was told I was in a holding process due to number of applicants. I got a call back about a week later with interview offer. They flew me down to Columbia for the first interview and it was a good experience overall. The recruiter gave me lots of helpful information to prepare over the phone before I got there. First there was a 30-45 minute presentation by the Managing Director of the office. Definitely use this time to ask questions and try to stand out. Next I was taken to an office where I stayed while 3 different people came to interview me, each lasting 30-40 minutes. The people will vary for each person, but mine were the recruiter who I had previously spoken with on the phone, an HR person, and the managing director who had given the presentation earlier. Each person has different areas they are focusing their interview on, but they are all looking for critical thinking skills, willingness and aptitude to learn and grow, and ability to adapt to different work settings and projects with teams. I used a lot of real life examples and metaphors to apply my skills to the position. I just graduated with my bachelors so I didn't have much applicable experience but just try to show that you've learned from everything you've done so far and can apply that knowledge practically. A few days later I got a call for the final round interview. This interview is a group setting, but not everyone is interviewing for the same position. First we met with people in the office who would be our coworkers and peers to see if you are a good fit for the office as a person. This was very conversational, they asked fun facts, and didn't get through very many formal questions. Just try to relax and show that you are easy to get along with. Next on the schedule they had a "leadership lunch" which for us was breakfast. They brought food in and then several people came in, including the managing director, to do a role play/case study exercise. It was introduced as us being the team working and the interviewers as clients and we had to work to solve their problem. Make sure you throw some ideas out and participate, whether they are half baked ideas or not. You don't want to be the quiet one. I was told when I left that I would probably hear back by the end of the week. I had some online assessments to take that I did not complete until Friday, so I emailed the contact when I completed them and she said i should hear back early the next week. I still hadn't heard back by Thursday afternoon so I followed up with the recruiter and he then gave me my offer. Don't be afraid to follow up with them but give them a chance to be conversational. I was offered an Advisory Specialist position instead of AML due to my lack of experience, but I am more than happy with it. Salary is great for entry level along with a signing bonus. I don't remember any specific questions to add but just have some answers about your strengths and weaknesses and why you want to work there and definitely some stories of examples of how you handle things at work. There were no off the wall questions and everything was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Managing director gave scenarios for me to solve/think through rather than asking direct questions. He focused majorly on critical thinking and analysis.   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in June 2015.

Interview

Whole process took 4+ weeks, Went through the recruiter who came back after 2 weeks. Another week in scheduling 2 phone interviews with directors. The first was more on confirming what I know and what Industries I have worked in. The interviewer did not drill down on any topic. The other interview got rescheduled few times and the interviewer asked some key questions to gauge my depth and he was convinced. In sum both were positive interviews. In the end the HR told me they have filled with an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• What industries have you worked in? Deep dive on specific technology questions related to the industry   Answer Question