PwC

1,904 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Interview

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Process was about 6 months, but only due to the exception of my previous employer

Interview Question – What do you want most out of your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Barely room for negotiation, and no sign-on bonus like at other consulting Firms.

Very Easy Interview

QA Manager Assurance Division - Cattle Call Interview Style Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruited off of LinkedIN - so wasn't really looking for a lifestyle change but I was a fly-around consultant in my younger years and was willing to listen. Passed the technical phone interview, not much happened there, mostly Agile methodology questions.

Flew me into Columbus OH, nice city with some great food. Was scheduled for 3 back to back interviews. This was a cattle call as some dozen or so candidates were all standing around figuring out where to be, I was interview #4 on the day and that was at 11am local time.

First interview was with a Principal of the Company, he'd worked at Diamond Consulting for a long time before PwC aquired the firm and was a fly-boy lifer. He had a rather off-putting style and not much of a personality - not a good fit for my animated existance. No script at all, he completely winged it - he didn't have a copy of my resume only an Excel spreadsheet with my name on it (as well as the names of the next few interviewees) and where to go next. Never asked me a technical, behavioral, case study questions or challenged anything I said/claimed. It was like talking to a wall, at one point I stopped talking and waited for him to ask a question ANY question and we just sat there in silence - awkward!!!

Second interview went great, the gentleman was engaging and personable (like me) and we joked about technology and being a manager and so on. Same as the last interview, no script although this guy had a copy of my resume and had even read it - no pen marks/notes on the resume though. Again none of the typical questions one would expect. This was the only guy to "sell me" on the job, told me the company was great and I would love and so on. I wanted to work for PwC after talking to that guy, the place sounded great!

Third interviewer was 30 minutes late (he apologized) and asked only one question - "I have no time for questions, elevator speeches only - GO!" And off I went for some 10 minutes uninterupted. I can't really grade this interview since it was all me for 10 straight. I was fired up after the 2nd interview so I was really trying to sell myself to PwC. He got up and left without saying much and that was it. I was told to let myself out - which I did - ouch!

The recruiter called a little while after (he had other candidates in the pool) and asked how it went, I told him that if I had to work for the bookend interviewers I wasn't interested. However I would happily work for the 2nd guy. So since I went 1 for 3 it was no surprise when they didn't make an offer.

Interview Question – None - they had no scripted questions - completely free form   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, first was a phone interview, then 3 1-on-1 interviews. One of the in person interviews was a case study. All of the questions were fairly easy, nothing out of the ordinary. The case study took a little getting used to, they really try to knock you off of your game.

Interview Question – The case was the hardest part of the interview, it dealt mostly with financial information and data, which was not the focus of the position that I applied for.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Bethlehem, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I applied through the campus hiring and took less than one month to get the interview

Interview Question – How would you distribute bad news as the team leader?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Team Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Average, the person conducting the interview talked the most about the company and expectations. Right off into the interview they asked if I would work overtime   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call is a phone screen with Recruiting Manager. After passing this stage I met with 2 others within the team, Senior Manager and Team Leader. A decision was made within a few days of my interview.

Interview Question – Very straightforward questions. A lot about working within a Partnership vs. Industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate initially with recruiting manager and then further negotiations with Team Leader.

Manager Interview

Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial screening, in-house interviews with partners and phone interviews with out-of office partners

Interview Question – Expertise in certain tax areas   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Senior Associate - Advisory Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – All behavioral interview until the second round where there was a case. Even then the case material was provided in advance so you can prepare. Very professional interview and recruitment process. Wined and dined candidates from top 15 MBA schools. The communication process could be sped up a bit. It took a week to hear back results.

Interview Question – The case was a stress test situation. How you answered appeared to be more important than what you answered.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – The interview was. Talked to manager for 30 minutes in mostly a conversation

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question