PwC Interview Questions

3,072 Interview Reviews

2.9

Core Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got to final rounds in Chicago. There were three interviews. One with a partner about general stuff and relationships. One with HR manager about global acumen. One with assurance senior manager about technical capabilities, which was the hardest. Assigned a partner to take me around the office throughout the day. People were nice. Pleasant work environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep updated on changes in business environments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was on-site, I met with a manager, a HR and a partner. Each had half a hour. Questions were all relatively easy.

Sophomore Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

It was purely behavioral. Since it is a program for sophomores, the employers do not expect the candidates to know that much about technical side, but they do expect you to show your personality. It is a good chance to show who you really are and let them help you decide whether you are a good fit for the firm as well as whether the firm is the right place for you.

International Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

After having an initial phone conversation with a recruiter, I was called back for an interview with a partner in one of the major offices. The interview was very conversational and lasted about an hour. Following that interview, I was invited back to participate in one of PwC's Super Days along with a number of other candidates from the TIP/TARE recruiting event for LLM in Taxation candidates from NYU, Georgetown, BU, and Northwestern.

Prior to the Super Day, there was a cocktail event the evening before where I had the opportunity to meet with other candidates and individuals from the international tax services group. The following day consisted of a tour of the office, a presentation about PwC, and three back to back thirty minute interviews with two directors and a partner followed by lunch with associates. Everyone was extremely professional, friendly, and wanted to be as helpful as possible.

The thirty minute interviews were also conversational, but generally driven by the interviewer asking particular questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary, and I did not receive substantive or behavioral questions with two exceptions. One of the directors asked me what I knew about international tax (not an unusual question), and the partner asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond (typical behavioral question I suppose). Overall, the experience was very positive.

Technology Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 2 behavioral and one case interview. My case was to do with implementing AML software for a financial services company. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via a phone call the following day. Overall process went really really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone with more knowledge than you on a certain topic, to do whatever they were doing differently.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview was a very good mix of personal questions and behavioral based questions. I was interviewed by a partner. Topics ranged from my family background, golf, and sports, to career goals, how I think I would fit in with the firm, and my qualifications.

Auditing involves a good understanding of financial accounting, along with good social skills to interact with the client and audit team. If a candidate can show they have good grades, good work history, and extracurricular activities they should feel comfortable entering an interview room for this type of job.

I would prepare for this type of interview like any other. Practice (or brush up on) basic behavioral based interview questions, and make sure you can show your accounting knowledge if asked a technical question. Otherwise relax and be sociable to let your true personality show in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is construction in progress, and how can it affect both the income statement and balance sheet?   Answer Question

Tax Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I had my first round interview on campus with a PwC tax partner. The interview was very conversational, the partner was super easy going and made me feel not nervous at all. He asked me about some business news happened recently that I was interested in and some experience that showed my leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me one or two recent business news that interest you, and what impact this news has one you?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university career services. First round was an on campus interview. The night before you will be invited to a pre-interview social. YOU MUST GO TO THIS! It is crucial to be at this because you get a casual environment to interact with the people you will be interviewing with. You may get a chance to get past the first round just during this time. Make sure to ask the person in HR who sets this up where the people who you are interviewing with are or at least the people in the same practice you are interviewing for. If they like you in a social setting there is a good chance they will like working with you, which is what you really want. Make it light hearted and fun at the social and you will have a good time catching up the next day during the interview.

About 10 days later I got the call that they want me to attend an office visit in Houston. Now this was actually a long time to hear back, but they explained they were dealing with some administrative stuff about where to send people. So basically if it has been two weeks after your interview and you still haven't heard back then you probably didn't get it unfortunately.

I set up my flight and registered for the office visit. There are suggestions on appropriate dress for the event. There will be time to interact with associates and other in the practice the night before the actual office visit. Don't take this lightly YOU ARE BEING INTERVIEWED DURING THIS! You are being interviewed during every part of this office visit. If you are around or talking with someone at PwC you are being evaluated. You will get paired with a "buddy" and they will guide you through the whole process. This is very nice because they can give you valuable inside tips and advise on the interview, what the work is like, etc. Make sure you are fun, friendly and someone they would want to work with because they will be working with who they hire. Don't eat anything too messy, have dinner manners, and don't be scared to order a drink if they do. Imitate your buddy, if they get a drink you can get one, if not maybe don't, but make sure you don't have a lot of alcohol.

Also the dress code for this whole event is stated in the email they send but I would recommend dressing one notch up. I wore business casual to the dinner even though it said casual and I wore a full suite to the office visit even though it said business casual. You don't want to be under dressed and you will be with associates and partners that will be at least business casual or even in suits as well.

Make sure you get as much sleep as possible but also get up plenty early. You don't want to rush the morning of the office visit. They provide breakfast at the hotel most likely. I would eat there as early as possible and then just focus on reading up on your notes (which you should have been working on for days now) getting dressed and ready, and ready to check out of the hotel. Get to the spot you are suppose to meet at least 15 minutes early so you can talk to the PwC rep and make a good impression.

At the office visit you will probably have a presentation followed by some order of an office tour, manager interview and partner interview. Partner was more big picture and fit within the firm and manager was pretty laid back, resume related, and some behavioral. Just know what you want to do, why you think PwC would be good for you and them, know your resume and be quick and confident in behavioral responses regardless if the answer is good or not (Thats why its called behavioral questions). Office tour is just your buddy showing you around the office. Another chance to ask him about his work and questions related to how you would fit well with them.

Lunch after all this. Make sure you send thank you emails to everyone you interacted with and get as many business cards as possible.

They told us we would know within a week if it were yes or no. Office visit was Wednesday for me flew back that night, Thursday morning got the offer through a call fro the partner I interviewed with.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied both on campus and reached out to current PwC alumni from my college. I was first given an interview on campus, followed by an interview at the regional office. Everything was behavioral and conversational.

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After being referred I spoke with the recruiter for the group, who set me up with two phone interviews with managers. After these went well I scheduled a Friday interview where I met and interviewed with the Director and Partner level. I was able to leverage another pending offer to accelerate the timeline.

Interview Questions

• Lets say I am the client and would like to know how many cows there are in the United States. How would you go about determining this? (no internet access)   1 Answer