PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with Human Resources
1 week later, HR scheduled an interview with the EA/TA Manager
In-person interview with the EA/TA Manager
A few days later, interviewed with 2 Partners that the position would support and met with current Executive. that was leaving the company

Interview Question – Average questions
The interview focus was primarily on being customer service oriented and a willingness to go over and beyond
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple. I countered by a couple of thousand and I was given my requested salary.

Tax Seasonal Interview

Tax Seasonal

I interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had an employer send my resume to HR. Got an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was 25 minutes long. Waited 3 weeks for a response

Interview Question – "I know it is a cliche, but what are your strengths and weaknesses?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. the payments for seasonal are the same and firm set.

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Assistant Team Leader Interview

Executive Assistant Team Leader
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process from my experience was long, thorough, challenging and spontaneous scheduling and confirmation. During the interview, I was relaxed and ready for any questions/concerns. I too presented many good questions in return.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake made in my career?   Answer Question

Elevate Program Interview

Elevate Program

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – 80-90 students from my school applied, around 40 got the interview, and finally about 10 students got into the program. Half an hour, one-on-one interview with a partner from PwC. Make sure you know EVERYTHING on your resume; you never know which one your interviewer will be interested in. Did not really ask much behavior questions. Mostly it was like a "get-to-know-you" conversations.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from other applicants   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice.
I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm.
About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them.
I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Question – There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Temp Interview

Learning and Development Temp

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – worked with a recruiter at Randstad. He got me a phone interview. 5 behavior based questions. 1)describe a time in your life where u had to adjust to something new and how did you adjust.

Interview Question – Describe to me a particular group project that you were involved in and what role did you take.   Answer Question

Advisory Technology Interview

Advisory Technology

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Meet recruiter on campus. Had one 45 min interview on-campus. All behavioral questions. Talked a lot about projects and interacting with other people, and we quickly went through my resume.
Then I got a call that I was to be interviewed at an office in San Jose. Travelled up (they paid for travel and lodging) and I interviewed with 3 people. 2 interviews were in office and the third was over the phone. One behavioral was really good with a cool guy. We got along really well. The second I pitched my plans to change a hypothetical companies main business and implement new technology. The third was another behavioral. Interviews took about 6 hours with a lunch.

Interview Question – The whole business pitch was really challenging. We had to make powerpoint slides on blank sheet of paper and use them. The man interviewing me was in character and was intense and grilled me about every idea I presented.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to travel as much as was expected. Most consulting jobs would have had me fly out Monday morning and fly back home Thursday night. I did not want that travel lifestyle.

Sa Interview

Sa

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Great interview process and most of the questions is about consulting. Great interview process and most of the questions is about consulting. Great interview process and most of the questions is about consulting.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Associate Data Assurance Interview

Senior Associate Data Assurance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Spent less than 4 weeks in the interview process and spoke with 4 individuals (managers) -one after another. Two provided positive feedback and hence I moved on to the next round with the final two individuals clearly disinterested in the whole process - one was yawning while I spoke.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult -general talk about experience etc.   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

Advisory Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Heavily recruits from my school so there were already many opportunities to network with the representatives. Everyone was incredibly nice and easy going. The first-round interview was just a conversation, with the occasional question about activities at school. Final round included the case presentation, however the questions asked were very predictable. The final interview was also incredibly focused on the conversations.

Interview Question – What skills that you learned from outside academics can you bring to the table?   Answer Question