PwC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
2,330 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

through the university recruiting, then pre interview dinner night, partner are graduate from our university, most of employee who had dinner with us are graduate from our college. on campus interview. the interview questions are basic, tell me about yourself. i did not get second round. so...

Assurance Core Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

The whole processs took about 3 weeks. My professor told us Pwc will come to our campus for an interview so if anyone interested, we would have to submit the Pwc talent profile which you can find on their website. Then my school contacted me pwc would want to interview me on campus. It was one interview and took about 30 mins, there were two greeters to talk and make you feel relax. It was very nice of them.

Then a week after, I got the call from Pwc recruiter saying I was invited to office visit. There were around 40 candidates from different school ( mostly from state university and there was few from small private school like me). It was two days events. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed it. The food was good, the activities were fun. I was not stressful at all. They will assign each candidate a buddy ( normally associate ) for you to talk and ask any question you have. Trust me they are super nice. I was convinced to go with Pwc because of that even I have other offer from big4 firms. They have such an unique culture.

So after multiple events, the interviews were conducted on the next day. There were 3 interview each 45 mins. Again, behavioral questions like first round but nothing to difficult. Just prepare yourself 5 examples from your work/school experience and you would be fine. The rest of it was yourself. They are very engaged in the conversation and actually very cool people to hang out with.

After 3 hours, I got the call from one partner whom I interviewed with and got the offer. It was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time when you have to do research to make the decision
      Tell me about time when you have to convince for agreement in the group
        Answer Question

Transaction ServicesSummer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Through college's on campus recruiting. First interview was 30 min on campus, then Superday at office of 3 behavioral interviews.

First round interview questions were about leadership and professional experiences. All behavioral.

Interviewer said potential hires would be graded on 5 "criteria" of: business acumen, global acumen, relationships, whole leadership, and technical skills.

Know your experiences in and out, along with your resume. They will ask a lot of questions.

Also had a pre-recruiting dinner to meet Transaction Services team and the Manager that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Last question was on "If i saw a co-worker talking about sensitive information, what would I do?"

Also some technical questions on valuation
        View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Advisory Associate Interview

The PwC interview process is very efficient and fun. The process begins with on campus recruiting. They have several on campus presentations that are recommended to attend. I applied through my university's job site, and heard back two weeks later that I had been selected for first round interviews on campus. The interview was on Monday, and is very laid back and conversation like - mostly "tell me about a time where..." questions. I heard the next day that I was invited for final round interviews on-site the coming Friday. I received an email containing a case study on Wednesday and was allowed two days to prepare for Friday. On Thursday, I was put into a nice hotel for the night. On Friday morning, they allowed 1 hour of case prep time with the actual questions that we would be presenting on. They provide you with ~15 pre-printed slides that you are to use to create a hand drawn presentation. The first interview is the case interview, and you immediately jump into the role of PwC consultant while the manager jumps into the role of the client. You have 30 minutes to sell your case solutions and ask any questions you may have. Next is two 30 minute back to back behavioral interviews with a director and a partner. These are also laid back and comforting as it typically ends up being a conversation. I left the office Friday afternoon and received my offer the following Tuesday as well as a phone call from the partner I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult, most unexpected was "How do you keep up with the current global news?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary is set for entry level associate.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Predinner and after that the following day was first round interview was with an Assurance Director on campus. The interview was informal. Interviewer asked questions the reason why I choose risk assurance. Also walked through my resume and asked questions about leadership experience. Also asked hobbies. Not difficult and it was interesting.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Applied at University Career Fair, was interviewed on-campus. It was a behavioral round and nothing technical was asked. They tend to like experience on JAVA, Web services and machine learning etc.
    Listen to the questions carefully and your answer should be precise and complete. Read up about different services on the website, know something about consulting beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Only 3 behavioral questions about leadership and conflict.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I initially met the recruiter at an accounting mixer hosted by my university. I was then contacted about a week later to interview in the office, where I met with the recruiter again as well as a tax manager.

Assurance Risk Interview

interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

I applied through college or university. I submitted my resume through my university's online recruiting system. The process took approximately one week. PwC emailed me requesting an on-campus interview. The interview was a one-on-one interview with an Assurance Risk manager. It was a very laid back interview with a couple behavioral questions. The overall interview experience was decent, however, I unfortunately did not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you are interested in PwC and what sets you apart from other applicants.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Had an on campus interview, passed the first round and went to new york for the final rounds. There are 2 behavioral based interviews and 1 case presentation. The whole process took 10 days (from the first interview to final offer)

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

casual conversation, not technical questions. Interview with a partner. get the first round interview through campus recruiting, attending their information session and pre-social event before the interview. Ask a lot of questions and partner likes to share his opinion with me.

Interview Questions
    • what are the important skills you think in the job daily-basis   Answer Question