PwC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
3,062 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college's career website. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 1 interview with partner, 1 interview with director and 1 interview with manager. They assigned a buddy to help you go through the process. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via phone on Monday. Overall process went really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help. Know your resume very well.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Two behavior internviews with campus recruiters, one manager, and a partner. The individuals who interviewed me were very easy to get along with and I actually ended up talking about our common interests. This made it seem like i was actually not being interviewed, making time go by fast.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter asking me to set up a phone interview. Extremely easy going and nice. Phone interview was mainly behavior questions, not really resume based. Was invited for an in office interview immediately after the phone interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker spilled confidential information how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

On campus interview first, very conversational. Was then invited to the office for my second and final interview. Had 3 30 minute interviews with either partners or senior managers. All vet conversational, was never asked any traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Was first contacted to have a dinner meet and greet with the people that would interview me and other candidates. The dinner was very relaxed and helped me feel at ease for the interview. This was followed by an in person interview on campus. Interview was behavioral, and did not really have any technical questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

Had a very unprofessional exchange with the recruiter who contacted me out of the blue, set up and blew off TWO phone screenings with me in a row coming up with a last minute weird excuse at the last moment, and then ultimately, after I reached out to him to follow up, he told me that I was not qualified for the job. It's like OK... Well then why did you reach out to me in the first place??? They seem pretty disorganized and also rude.

Tax Summer Interview

Interview

Applied through school website. It was a great interview experience. I went to the super day, able to get a closer look of the company and get a better understanding of company culture. unfortunately did not get an offer, plan to apply for full time again

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through a university database. Received an invitation for an on-campus interview. While in the lobby waiting for your interviewer, there is a greeting committee. There is a greeter assigned to you and will escort you to your interviewer when the time comes.

Interview Questions

• - Name 3 strengths and 3 weakness.
      - Describe a time where you had to overcome adversity, what did you learn from it?
      - Describe a time you were in a leadership role, how did you motivate others?
      - What would you do if you caught a colleague doing something illegal/unethical?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment, graduate program with a 3.6 GPA. Prior to your first round interview, there will be a reception. This is pretty casual, use the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourself to the recruiter and Associates/Partners as they may interview you the next day. 1st round is a simple behavioral interview, know why you want to work for Pwc, explain your background, and ask questions. Most importantly be excited and show you are eager to learn and have something to add to the firm.
    Final round interviews in NYC are a superday, two 30 min behavioral and one case interview. You will most likely meet with a Manager, Senior Associate, and finally a Partner. You're given the case two days in advance so you can prepare, and upon arrival are given 45 min to prepare a presentation on hard copies of powerpoint slides, and answer additional questions given to you upon arrival- this is nothing to be worried about! Some people who prepped for months doing case studies did not get an offer- I had no prior case interview experience except from a class the previous fall semester. I read some of Case and Point and watched Victor Cheng's youtube videos. You will simply present your slides to a Manager or Senior Assoc.
    I suggest using the STAR method for all behavioral questions.
    There will be A LOT of time for you to ask questions, so DO YOUR RESEARCH!!
    And- do not forget to send thank you emails to EVERYONE you met with before the end of the day.
    I had my final round interview on a Friday, the Partner called me on a Saturday to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader in group work? Tell me an example
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict in group work
      What is interesting about you that's not on your resume?
      Why PwC?
      Tell me why I should hire you in 60 seconds.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I'd talked to a recruiter at a career fair and was told the risk assurance internship would be a good fit because I had a background in computers. I had one interview at my school. The interview was mainly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Then I was able to ask my own questions. The second round of interviews was at the Denver office where I meet with more people and had a few different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with data and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question