PwC

Updated Dec 21, 2014
2,534 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The interview process was very smooth. Be "on" and "prepared" at all time. Be yourself in the interview- they want to know the real you, not the fake you. If I didn't know an answer, I didn't know it. I actually said no to a question during the interview and told them I really wanted the job but wouldn't be doing 16 hour days.

Interview Questions
    • PwC uses their new "framework" to ask questions. Some questions to expect, "How do you keep up with current events?" "How do you use those current events in relation to your work?" "If one manager gives you work due at the end of the week, then another manager gives you work due at the end of the week, what do you do?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation but still waiting on other offers from other Big 4

Technology Advisory Consultant(Full-Time) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

1st round on-campus interview. Met with a senior associate, mostly behavioral questions. Very generic. There was a pre-interview dinner the day before the interview. The 2nd on-site interview invites were sent out within a week from the 1st interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Mostly behavior questions. The interview started with "Tell me something about you." Make sure to do some research before the interview. Prepare answers like what is your strength, what is your weakness. What is your career plan within 5 years, do you have any plan to take the CPA exams.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Don't waste your time; find a company that will make a hiring decision. These people really have no clue as to how to run a company, let alone make hiring decisions. I'm working for Deloitte because of it, and you know what, PWC did me a favor! Trust me, I'd love to hear from others who experienced the same incompetent recruiting process, because I'm sure there are many!

Risk Assurance Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

It started with two associates coming to speak in our Accounting Information Systems course about PwC as a whole mainly. They mentioned Risk Assurance so I stayed behind afterward to introduce myself and ask about any opportunities open. They said they would have the campus recruiter contact me and get the process started. A few days later I had a phone interview which counted as the campus interview and lasted around 30 min.
    While on the phone, they offered me an office visit the following week. The office visit was very laid back and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I had three interviews (partner, director, and manager) all lasting around 30 min each. Mostly behavioral questions about how I deal with conflict in groups and leadership experience. On my drive home I was called and offered the internship. I think they mainly want interns that are open to learning and will represent them in a professional and positive manner towards clients. All in all, great experience and great company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time when you helped resolve an issue within a group project? (Differing opinions, work ethic, etc.)   Answer Question
    It was an internship so no negotiation.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

This was an on campus recruitment procedure. There was a informal meet and greet the night before the initial interview. Where you introduced yourself and a fun fact. The Next day you interviewed with a manager or partner and he/she asked you behavioral questions. Such as tell me a time when you received a developmental review. When you believe in something what do you do about that belief? etc. Once you pass the first interview you are invited to the Superday in which you are invited to dinner and then an all day interview process the next day. During superday you have 3 interviews one being with a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Be up to date with current events for instance whats going on with the business world in the past few days. How do you research data?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Forensic Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, NM

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I was selected for an on-campus interview for Forensic Consultant but later changed to IT Security Privacy and Risk consultant. These two profiles are similar.

1. Applied on campus. Invited to a dinner party. I went for half an hour but it was not helpful because I did not talk to anyone. I had one drink and left.
    2. Interviewed on campus for first round. Mainly behavioral. Asked what I had done before and why forensic consulting. I said I did not know much about this profile so the manager explained. Doesn't hurt to admit that you don't know and you want to learn about it.
    3. Within one week I got a call to be interviewed on-site in San Francisco office.
    4. Three round of interviews on-site. One case and two Behavioral.

Case was given 2 days prior to the on-site interview. I just glanced through case-in point but it did not help. What helped was understanding the situation, providing solution and backing it up with reasoning.

I had 3 years of work experience so I had some stories to tell. Nothing technical was asked. Basically they want to see if you will fit in their culture.

Got offer within a week. Smooth interview process and great people to work with.

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got to experience the new "Pwc Professional" interview. Basically its supposed to standardize the interview process. The major difference is that all the interviewers take a lot of notes. During first rounds got a "what if" question: What would you do if your saw an associate disclose confidential client information to another employee.

The second round was unique because a LOT of behavioral questions were asked anywhere from 4 to 6 per interviewer. Don't expect a conversational interview, be prepared and know the PwC professional attributes and a story about yourself that will fit each one. 3 interviews 45 min each, with 5 to 10 minutes for questions (the rest is you talking about yourself so be ready!)

Interview Questions
    • (Technical PwC Professional aspect) Tell me about group project or work experience where you had to use your knowledge of accounting to correct someone else.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

One on campus behavioral interview followed by an onsite interview/hiring event. The full day in NYC consisted of one hour to prepare for the cast study presentation, a case presentation, two behavioral interviews, and an hour-long presentation where we learned more about the firm.

The on-campus interview was entirely behavioral. The case study presented for the on-site was generic but something I had no interest or expertise in, which made it difficult. The interviewer wasn't overly harsh with questions and, in fact, was rather helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The case study presentation was the most difficult and was presumably the most heavily-weighted portion of the interview   Answer Question