PwC

Updated Feb 26, 2015
2,698 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I was first interviewed on campus and was invited for an office visit and pre-interview dinner. The experience on the whole was great. I was interviewed by a partner, associate director and manager separately. Very thorough questions to assess the potential of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How has your networking skills helped you in difficult situations?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

I went for an interview at the Philadelphia office and met with three senior members and a recent associate. During the meetings with managers we discussed trends in health care, what I believe were traits that were needed for consulting, the average schedule of associate and work load.

Interview Questions
    • What trend in healthcare legislation do you see and what are some examples of how it can affect clients.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Campus recruitment process. Big 4 pre-interview socials the night before were standard. 1st on-campus interview with a partner who was very relaxed and friendly with a few behavioral questions. 2nd round office interviews similar but you are able to meet the lower level staff and are interviewed by managers as well as another partner.

2nd round interview was an all morning ordeal and they will take you out to a very nice lunch and decide if you get the offer while you are gone with the lower lvl staff.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of a particular question that stands out as the most difficult because all of the big 4 are pretty laid back and seem like they simply want to get to know you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it seems like out of college all of the big four compete and settle around a set lvl for all of their new hires.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   View Answer

Advisory Management Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

I applied through campus recruiting. There was a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 which is not too high. The process is very competitive. Networking with the people in the firm is a must. There was a behavioral interview, and also a case interview. 1st round is usually behavioral. You are given some materials to do some preparation beforehand for the case interview. Make sure you practice case interviews before you go in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Went through university recruiting. Dinner beforehand, interview the next day. Questions were mostly standard with a few that I hadn't considered.

I interviewed specifically within CIPS/TICE. Even though I reviewed before the interview I completely blanked on which was which during the interview. It didn't come up, but I would have liked to have touched on it.

One interview was completely behaviorials, the other was personality/fit, however my interviewer asked one question and then talked at me the following 45 mins.

Interview Questions
    • How do your time management skills impact your skill set?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

1 interview round on campus for half an hour, all behavioral questions, 3 rounds - 1 case review and 2 behavioral rounds at office site. Entire process was really fast. On campus interview was on Monday and On Site was on the same Friday. The result was declared on Friday itself.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Way too many interviews! I had 6 interviews before getting to the partner, only to have him tell me i needed to interview with someone else. There seemed to be a disconnect between the staff and and the upper management - in the Assurance group. The whole process left a bad taste in mouth. I decided to join somewhere else...

Interview Questions
    • each person interviewing had their own approach. the questions were open ended. each interviewer had a different sense of what they were looking for in the position. the whole process was unorganized.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

I interacted with four different recruiters regarding a marketing role, which at times was inconsistent as to who was reaching out to me providing guidance on steps in the interview process.

After my in person interview with three managers, the recruiter shared with me excellent feedback - the hiring managers loved me and had only excellent things to say about my credentials. Even the MD himself said "You're hired!" during our one on one, including how excited his team was to be meeting with me based on my background.

A week later, upon following up, I was told they had no other candidates to compare me to for the role since I exceeded the other applicants expectations, therefore they had to interview additional applicants in the interim time. I had assumed this was part of checking the box in HR. I was informed they would contact me regarding a third interview with a senior partner or go straight to offer the next week after discussions with the hiring managers.

The following week I received a phone call stating the job was given to another candidate. I felt very mislead, as per last communication the next steps were either a job offer or a final interview with a senior partner that was waiting to be scheduled.

After over a month of the recruitment process, I can honestly say I am quite disappointed by PWC's misleading expectations. Thankfully I was interviewing with additional companies, but can certainly state based on my past experience, I will not be applying at the PWC organisation again.

Interview Questions
    • Not a fan of the newly implemented recruitment process. The managers asked questions regarding business acumen and leadership that felt very scripted and read off of a piece of paper. For a consultancy firm, I expected a more personalised approach to ask about my qualifications and past experience. It was a bit dry, and though part of the process, not impressed compared to interviewing with previous companies.   Answer Question

IT Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

6 interviews:

--- Conducted via Phone ---

Phone Screen - Initial phone screen conducted by a recruiter (background, salary expectations, role description, etc.)

Functional Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses primarily on fit within the firm and how you conduct yourself in front of clients. Question example: Tell me about a time you showed the wrong data to a client and how did you handle the fallout?

Technical Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses on technical acumen as it relates to the position you are applying for. Question example - (From resume) Tell me about X. What was your role? What were your specific contributions? What were your takeaways and how would you do things different next time?

--- Interview Day (Conducted @ a PwC Office ---

Case - Materials provided to you by recruiter two days prior to interview day. Specific question given to you 45 minutes before your case interview. You will have 45 minutes to hand prepare slides to present to the interviewer who will be playing the role of the client. Above all else, spend time preparing ahead of time and HAVE A STRUCTURE

Conformational - Two interviews. First with a Partner who focuses on "global acumen" and how you feel you have demonstrated it throughout your career to date. Second with a more senior Partner who focuses on depth of knowledge within the industry. For example, what is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?   Answer Question