PwC Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

Telephone interview: based on their professional framework
    Assessment centre: numerical, non-verbal, written report and group exercise where you were given a scenario to read and had to present the solution given to you.

Interview Questions

• What do you read to keep updated with issues in the industry?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Received a phone call asking for some basic backgrounds. Caller seemed rude and cold on the phone call. Basically asked everything that was on the CV like they haven't even looked it. Can hear from voice that the caller just wanted to get the job done and move on. Had no interest what so ever in the candidate

SummerCorporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round Telephone Interview.
    Interviewed for 20 minutes.
    Interviewed by a contractor on behalf of PwC.
    Very polite though sounded very monotoned.
    Went through a series of questions that measures applicant's demonstration of PwC's core values such as Global acumen.
    Responded within the next five days for my result

Interview Questions

• What I read on the news recently?
      How does that relate to the role I am applying for?

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online Application, followed by an online aptitude test. Three tests were taken: Numerical reasoning, Logical reasoning, & a psychometric test. The tests were relatively easy. Numerical was primarily focussed on percentages, ratios and analysing tables. Logical reasoning was almost completely focused on image sequences. Psychometric test evaluated business acumen, global acumen, leadership, and personal skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used your analytic skills to solve a problem?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First interview with a director, followed by a second interview with a different director.

Both interviews were relaxed and I was made to feel at ease.

Typical competencies that are listed on the website with more specific probing into industry knowledge.

Final interview was in the morning and offer was made the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why this profession, a conflict within a team project/my specific role, my opinion on certain current emerging trends.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Assurance London, Autumn 2015 intake. And I got reject next day I finished the interview.. QAQ When I was answering why assurance, I could feel that she was not listening. I suppose that I lost my point here..

Interview Questions

• Why Assurance? What do you know about ACA.
      Time I've actively sought feedback.
      Time I had to raise a concern with a peer/colleague.
      Recent business news, what can PwC benefit.
      Time you had a complex problem.
      Time you have sought different perspectives.

Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

In my opinion the assessment centre is one of the most poorly structured I've come across. Other than that the process is standard, but slow.

The process starts off with the online application, pretty standard stuff, why PwC? why Consulting? All your qualifications. Then you have the psychometric tests, again pretty standard. There's also a long, unnecessary personality test to fill out. Around a week later, they get in contact to let you know you can schedule a telephone interview.

The telephone interview questions can all be found in a pdf on their website in amongst their core competencies.

Then, after a long wait, 2-3 weeks, I was finally told I had passed the telephone interview and then came the assessment day. If PwC wants to be seen in as favourable a light as its competitors, such as EY and Accenture, who both had far superior assessment day, it needs to update they way it carries out this day.

It starts with a written exercise (yes you read that right, written, by hand, like most of the reports you'll be writing at PwC...?), and you can't check your phone for the time, it's less of an interview, more like an exam for school kids. Helpfully, my interviewer read out the time on her laptop, which wasn't the same as the time on the clock on the wall that we could actually see. It's very time sensitive so make sure you keep an eye on the clock, and bring your own watch. This is 2015, I was surprised.

The whole day, you don't interact with the people assessing you, they just sit there quietly and judge, it's quite off-putting actually.

The group is then split into 2, a group exercise and the psychometric tests. The psychometric tests are again pretty standard, though a little more time pressured than the ones online. For the group exercise, there was a problem and each individual was given a separate solution to the problem, you have to discuss the pros and cons of these solutions and come up with a consensus. 10 minutes from the end, an email comes in and you have to adapt to this new information.

Interview Questions

• Both written and group exercises we were given environmental problems and different solutions and had to discuss the pros and cons of each of these solutions and come up with a consensus.   Answer Question

Consulting Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Online application and tests
    Pretty easy and self-explanatory. You're asked to write about why PwC and why the area you're applying for and once you submit you have about a week to do the numerical and logical tests. Really prepare for the tests, majority is percent changes so make sure you can do those! (I used assessmentday packs which were about £8 but they were great and so worth it if you want to do well)

2. First interview
    I had mine in person but I know many are phone interviews. Look at PwC's core competencies- many of the questions they ask you to think about on the website are the ones you are asked- they're not trying to trick you!

3. Assessment Centre
    The AC consists of a written exercise, a group exercise and the numerical and logical tests again. The written exercise is really time pressured- don't spend too long reading or making notes and make sure you have a good structure. The group exercise was the most enjoyable part for me as you're conversing with others- act natural, listen to everyone and make eye contact. I was commended for prompting group discussion and waiting until people finished talking. Do not try and take charge- it is a group discussion for a reason. The tests are more time pressured than before as you do them on paper- make sure you practice them again before.

4. Partner Interview
    The partner was very friendly and made sure I was at ease. Though I was told on the phone that the same examples would be okay (if relevant) I was told at the start that different examples would make for a stronger interview so bear that in mind as it panicked me! They ask a lot more follow up questions than in the first interview and if they're not writing whilst you're talking you're not giving them enough. The thing they're judging most is your enthusiasm and passion for PwC and your business area and making sure you would fit into the team, so be yourself.

Feedback from all stages was always in depth and on the day they had said. Very impressed with the whole process and can't wait to get started!

Interview Questions

• What would be the most difficult thing about working with you?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

Interview

1) Online form & tests
    2) Phone interview. I was lucky to get a really nice interviewer. He made some small talk before the starting the interview and the atmosphere was pretty relaxing. Questions mainly revolved around the 5 pwc competencies, as mentioned by previous posts. Prepare at least 2 examples to talk about for each competencies, as some of the competency requires 2 different examples. The interviewer did explain the meaning of those competencies and how do they expect you to display those values. Listen carefully to their explanation and try to draw examples that relate as much as possible. Do expect the interviewer to come out with follow up questions. Surprisingly questions like why pwc, why assurance werent asked. My interview lasted about 30mins and i got the invitation to AC after 2 working days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you receive feedback which subsequently changes the way you approach a task   Answer Question

Oil & Gas Talent Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Numerical and reasoning tests followed by a telephone competency-based interview. Tests were fairly standard given reasonable practice - scoring well was a huge boost. Telephone interview followed soon after testing competencies but questions were not as overt as other interviews - focus more on experiences and learning points rather than trying to guess which competency is being asked for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you displayed leadership despite failure.   Answer Question