PwC Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Mar 14, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

First interview with a director, followed by a second interview with a different director.

Both interviews were relaxed and I was made to feel at ease.

Typical competencies that are listed on the website with more specific probing into industry knowledge.

Final interview was in the morning and offer was made the same afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Why this profession, a conflict within a team project/my specific role, my opinion on certain current emerging trends.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

1) Online form & tests
    2) Phone interview. I was lucky to get a really nice interviewer. He made some small talk before the starting the interview and the atmosphere was pretty relaxing. Questions mainly revolved around the 5 pwc competencies, as mentioned by previous posts. Prepare at least 2 examples to talk about for each competencies, as some of the competency requires 2 different examples. The interviewer did explain the meaning of those competencies and how do they expect you to display those values. Listen carefully to their explanation and try to draw examples that relate as much as possible. Do expect the interviewer to come out with follow up questions. Surprisingly questions like why pwc, why assurance werent asked. My interview lasted about 30mins and i got the invitation to AC after 2 working days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you receive feedback which subsequently changes the way you approach a task   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

Applied online. First round was behavioral, the second (final) round included two behavioral interviews and a chat with a partner. Overall the process was pretty smooth and people were nice. The questions were pretty standard, but you get a brain teaser or a weird question once or twice in each interview, so they can see how you react.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Four stage process of which I experienced three:

1. Online tests: Fairly low mark required to pass but time pressured.
    2. Telephone interview: Lasted about 40 / 45 minutes, interviewer was friendly and helped put me at ease, very understanding and guided through questions nicely. Again I don't think the threshold is all that high as I thought I performed pretty poorly and still went through to the AC. Lots of advice elsewhere on the internet but few things i'd focus on; know exactly what PWC and your line do, know how the program works, if its rotational how long will you spend in each dep. and what happens when you complete a rotation, several good pieces of recent news and how the apply to PWC and specifically your chosen line.
    3. AC: Half Day 13:00 - 17:00 ( I think). Probably about 20 or so grads there, everyone was nice and most are from Oxford, Cambridge, LSE etc. Several exercises including a retest of the online tests (felt slightly harder but probably just environment and scored highly), group exercise in a group of four. Cant remember the exact scenario but it was to do with utilising waste product from a manufacturing process, everyone had the same back story plus an additional piece of info unique to each candidate. Then had to discuss as a group to decide who had the best option based on cost, payback etc. Half way through the situation changes and funding is reduced so you have to reconsider. Another exercise was a hand written report about water. Again very time pressured, a number of people didn't finish.

After the tests we also had time to talk with some current graduates.

4. Partner interview.

I didn't succeed at the assessment center, they phone you about a week after and give thorough feedback. You are ranked out of 5 for each exercise and then are given a cumulative score. You need to perform well in all tasks otherwise you may not progress. I performed well in the retests and report but scored 3 on a couple of the markers for the group exercise and this was enough to prevent me progressing. This means you can pass everything and still not continue in the process. I should also note I was very late to apply and the HR member who delivered my feedback said places were limited by that point and had I applied earlier I would have probably progressed so make sure to apply early!

All in all was a very good experience, I have had interviews with the other big four and PWC were by far best in my opinion. The London offices were great and I imagine it would be a really good place to work, the projects we talked about with the grads seemed really interesting and the caliber of people in the AC are generally very good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the scheme, what happens at the end of a rotation?   Answer Question

Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

First round interview with two directors in the legal function, one hour long. Very detailed inquisition into previous work history - both interviewers were skilled in soliciting information from me without being aggressive. Went into great depth, including asking me to recall the four major negotiation points on a major deal I worked on almost two years previously, plus specific examples of bespoke drafting I had done. As well as discussing my prior work experience I was asked what I knew about the role, the team and PwC more generally. Also delved into my motivations for wanting to join their organisation.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC and this role? Why considering leaving current role? What can you bring to the team? Explain previous deals you've worked on, main negotiation point, lessons learnt, what to do differently next time.   Answer Question

Data Assurance Grad Recruitment Final Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Online application --> Phone interview --> Assessment Center --> Final Interview.

If you have the grades, then online application is not much of an issue. The phone interview questions are quite standard and are posted online. Do a lot of research initially so you don't have to do as much for the final interview. Practice the STAR format for ALL of your experiences and come up with stories on how you fit into their competencies. A good answer doesn't mean you just completed your answer in STAR format, but that you were engaging in your tone and showed that you genuinely took an interest in your previous work / study. With STAR, spend less time on situate/task and more time on action/result. What did you specifically do in the situation and how did it benefit yourself or the team? Look on the PwC website for a portion on how to conduct interviews with video examples. Compare your responses to the ones on there.

For assessment center, look online for some tips. I personally bought logic/math tests from Assessment Day and took them repeatedly until I was really comfortable with them. Do not let this be the reason you do not make it through. For the written report, it's all about structure, language, and content. Work quickly. For group exercises, it's all about how you act alongside others. It has nothing to do with actually coming up with the "best answer" as a group. Don't interrupt others during this and call each other by their name. Be a generally "easy person to work with"... When presenting your option to the group, be clear and have some structure in your answer. Look online for some more in depth experiences and tips.

The final interview can be easy or hard depending on your interviewer. Prepare for the worst. Practice a lot. Do mock interviews with others. You can even provide them questions.... just get the experience in talking with someone 1 on 1. Be relaxed, easy-going, and smile. The partner wants to assess if he wants to work with you. Keep that in mind. Do your research and provide clear, structured answers to get the offer. Build a rapport with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a bit about yourself.   View Answer
    • What do you know about PwC?
      What are some of the things you think PwC's facing/should think about?

View Answer
    • Tell me a time when you...   View Answer
    • How would you go about some of the data processes at your previous job?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

After submitting the online application, I was invited to complete online tests. Received a report with the results from the tests, and then an invitation for a telephone interview. Only one date with several time slots were available. The interviewer went over all 5 core values of the company - you can find them in the report, and asked for an example where I demonstrated them. The connection dropped twice during the interview and the interviewer said "candidates are advised in advance to make sure their connections are stable before the interview". I checked my connection a couple of times before that and it was working perfectly fine.

Give me an example of a situation when you received feedback and had to change your strategy because of the feedback.

Give me an example of a situation when you had to work in a team in order to achieve a common goal.

The feedback from the interview stated that the language I used for one of the questions (I assume the most difficult one) was too technical.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a recent business development. How can this be implemented in PwC? How can this be applied to the division you have applied for (IT Risk Assessment)? Why? Where did you read about this? How many articles/news/reports did you read on the topic?   Answer Question

Audit Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

telephone interview firstly, then assessment center, if you passed the past two, you will get partner interview.

Assessment center is the one most of people fail. the final interview is the one that most of people pass.

Senior Associate - Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in December 2014.

Currently going through the interview process. I had the initial interview

It was a competency based interview. With required similar sinarios.

The most difficult question was on if I had ever experienced a sinario where it was important to follow policies. I think every audit requires you to follow policies. And coming up with a specific sinario was hard.

Another interesting question was on how I maintain my professional network.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever encountered a sinario where it was important to follow policies   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered a sinario where things went wrong on an audit and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Management Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

It was similar to the telephone interview and mainly competency based, they just wanted examples where you can refer back to consulting. They just want you to be able to tick all the boxes, so give as detailed of an answer as you can and be confident when doing so.

Interview Questions
    • You must know about PwCs clients and the work they have done with them, i.e how long the project was and which divisions the client was working with.   Answer Question