PwC Interview Questions in London, UK

3.2

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Online Tests + personality test (you get two goes at the online test, so don't worry)
    Phone Interview (In reality, it doesn't last that long, make sure your answers are well structured, mostly competency, the rest are the standard why PWC? Why Audit? Why ACA? etc)
    Assessment Centre (group task - just be a normal human being, written task - make sure you write a conclusion!, psychometric tests on paper - do not fail these, practise beforehand)
    Partner Interview(mostly competency based)
    Offer

Interview Questions
    • What do you know of our client base? Which do you most want to work with? And Why?

What do you know about ACA? Why ACA?

Something in the news that interests you and talk about it

They will usually ask 2 of the 3 questions in the phone interview.

Partner interview can be whatever the partner wants, but in my case it was all scripted and all just competency questions.
        View Answer
    No Negotiation, you take what is offered

Assurance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Online application form, followed by some numerical and logical reasoning tests. After that, you get a telephone interview and, if you're successful, you go onto an assessment centre, which is then followed by an interview with a partner, i believe. I flopped at the telephone interview, but would recommend jobtestprep.co.uk as practice for the numerical/logical reasoning tests - they have a ton of SHL material, exactly the format as the test you take with pwc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you were an introvert or an extrovert? Which is better?   Answer Question

Junior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

I first applied on-line, answering various question, then I was asked to complete both numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After this I was invited to an Assessment centre day which involved redoing the tests, a group discussion exercise and an E-tray test. After this I was invited to attend a Senior Partner Interview, this was very probing and challenging, I would everyone to do their research prior to the interview. After this hour long interview I was phoned to offer me the position.

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC.

The AC was quite easy but you have to get involved in the group discussion. Also you have to resit the numerical and logical reasoning test but they were quite easy.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

One phone interview and one assessment day - the assessment day involved written and numerical tests, a group exercise with other candidates and a one to one interview. They whole day lasts about 5 hours.

Associate Consultant PwC Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

After online tests, there are 2 rounds of interviews which were quite long 4-6 hours each.

Cases are okay since they give you quite a lot of information. You would have group discussion and an individual presentation in the final round. Both rounds had fit interviews - the first round was more question-answer-fill up form kind and the second was more dynamic and natural.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - What is a question that you would like to be asked that would best demonstrate your capabilities, motivation and you as an individual?   Answer Question

Consultant - Strategy & Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Had my first interview over the phone, which was very successful. Then I was invited to the test day, which lasted for 6 hours but unfortunately could not succeed in the case study test. Although beforehand we were told that there would be presentation and group case study exercise, they did not do it. Another difficulty I had was in the timing of numerical and logic tests. 20 minutes for 40 questions were given to each test. Although this time limit was enough for the logic test I had a hard time finishing my numerical test within 20 minutes. The report exercise was relatively easy. It was about recycling of water and other renewable energies. However, I would suggest not to waste time reading the instructions since you need more time writing an actual report that mentions everything - apparently what they look for the most - in 20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • The case study provided was more difficult than the examples given through email prior to the test day. Profit calculation with missing numbers and approximation about a video games manufacturer was asked. . s   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I was in Kuwait when HR contacted me for a role I have applied online. I already worked with PwC earlier (both India & UK), so initial things were ok. The practice which I was supposed to join is led nationally by the Partner, with whom I have worked in Leeds, UK earlier, which made the process very easy. HR scheduled a call with a Risk Assurance Senior Manager in London. I knew this lady by name and we have exchanged emails earlier when I was working with PwC Leeds on secondment from India. The day for the interview came and no one called. Later got an email from HR, the interviewer were taken to hospital, so HR scheduled another call. This time the lady call. I know my stuff, so interview was straight. I mentioned the Partner's name whom I worked with, she told me she is going to speak to the Partner. I was in touch with the Partner for quite sometime, so that stage went well. Really no difficult questions at all. HR called to schedule 2nd interview with a London Partner and asked me to go to PwC Kuwait office for video conferencing. I couldn't commit for a video conferencing. so HR arranged a Director interview. I called the Director on the time of interview and it went well as I have given again the Partner's reference. Offer came in when I was in Sudan. I accepted the offer, left my job in Kuwait. Went to India to process Tier 2 General Visa for myself and my wife.

Please negotiate the designation as I was brought to a designation below which I should have joined. That is one of the reason I am leaving for another Big4 in London. Promotions are based on designations, so be safe than sorry later.

Human Resource Consultancy Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Telephone interview stage, very short 20 minute interview with the first half centered around commercial awareness and the second half based on the PwC global core competencies. Annoyingly, the only two competency based questions solely focused on integrity and made it difficult to present my range of skills.
    I reached that stage after submitting my initial application and passing a numerical and logical reasoning test and a psychometric assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted me to talk about the ideal client I would like to work with as a HRC for PwC. I randomly picked a large current PwC client, and was surprised by follow up questions on what challenges this particularly (random) company faces at the moment and what industries they are operating in.   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Headhunted

Interview Questions
    Easy paid the salary I wanted plus travel and accommodation

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!