PwC Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.8

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

Two behavior internviews with campus recruiters, one manager, and a partner. The individuals who interviewed me were very easy to get along with and I actually ended up talking about our common interests. This made it seem like i was actually not being interviewed, making time go by fast.

Management/Risk Consulting Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

After resume screening, all first round interviewees are invited to a pre-interview social the evening before the first round interview, to network with professionals. Highly recommended to attend. Then there is the first round of interviews: behavioural. Then PwC sorts out final round interviewees into Risk and Management Consulting on their own, and then each of these has a separate hiring process. Final round is conducted in the office with 3 back to back interviews: partner, manager and director. There is also a jeopardy game which is informal: to educate interviewees about how awesome PwC is. Each interviewer is given a host, who shows them around the office and navigates them from one interview to the other.

Interview Questions
    • 1st round: behavioural. Why Consulting? Why PwC? Situational "Tell me about a time when..." questions.
      2nd round: 2 behaviourals and one case. Behaviorals are based on PwC's new value system called PwC Professional. The case is given 48 hours in advance and questions are given on the day of the interview and you get 45 minutes to think of the answers and make slides. questions are pretty obvious...you're basically making recommendations for the client based on the case study and presenting to the interviewer in the form of a role play.

Answer Question

AdvisoryManagement Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

2 fold process after application submission. Applied via school. First round (behavioral) interview on campus. Got an invitation for 2nd round within a week. Went to the office for 2nd rounds - comprised of 2 behavioral interviews (one with a partner, one with a manager) and a case interview (with a director)
    Got a call the same evening extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral - tell me about a time when you were wrong and how you went about fixing the problem. Talk about X experience on your resume. I really think this depends on the interviewer - I had one super friendly interviewer (I spoke about myself - whatever I wanted to tell - and she was encouraging of that rather than asking specific questions) and the other one was very precise and wanted answers to specific questions in as much detail as possible. So it depends.   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got to experience the new "Pwc Professional" interview. Basically its supposed to standardize the interview process. The major difference is that all the interviewers take a lot of notes. During first rounds got a "what if" question: What would you do if your saw an associate disclose confidential client information to another employee.

The second round was unique because a LOT of behavioral questions were asked anywhere from 4 to 6 per interviewer. Don't expect a conversational interview, be prepared and know the PwC professional attributes and a story about yourself that will fit each one. 3 interviews 45 min each, with 5 to 10 minutes for questions (the rest is you talking about yourself so be ready!)

Interview Questions
    • (Technical PwC Professional aspect) Tell me about group project or work experience where you had to use your knowledge of accounting to correct someone else.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

I think the best advice I can give someone that is interviewing with PwC is to be yourself. Instead of answering all the questions with a perfect answer, you will have a better chance if you initiate a conversation with the interviewer. On top of that, it is important to express to the firm why you chose them, and why you want to work for them. You should be fairly specific on your reasoning.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I got from the partner is "tell me about yourself," make sure you keep the conversation going. Don't let them ask you question after question and made it into a routine, try to talk with them and show your good qualities in those conversations.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

First round interview on campus and second in the Los Angeles office.
    Had lunch and an office tour before 2 45minutes interviews at the office.
    Every one was so kind and helpful.
    Good experience to practice for full-time position in senior year

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a person who doesn't cooperate with you   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

First round interview was at campus, two 45-minute behavioral interviews, the first one focusing on a new leadership framework they were rolling out and the other was a more traditional fit interview. The second round was a 4-hour process at the Los Angeles office, consisting of an office tour, two 45-minute behavioral interviews and a 45-minute case interview based on a case they had already given us. We also had 45 minutes to prepare the slides for the case. Decision was given within a week.

Interview Questions
    • You have no international experience on your resume, how will you make up for that?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Pretty straight forward, first was a phone interview, then 3 1-on-1 interviews. One of the in person interviews was a case study. All of the questions were fairly easy, nothing out of the ordinary. The case study took a little getting used to, they really try to knock you off of your game.

Interview Questions
    • The case was the hardest part of the interview, it dealt mostly with financial information and data, which was not the focus of the position that I applied for.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Began with a pre interview dinner with many of Pwc staff ( partners, managers, directors and associates mainly of my university's alumni) the night before my interview where I met and conversed with my interviewer which made the next day not as nerve wracking as I already knew who was interviewing me. The next day I was interviewed by a Tax director. A week later I had a call back for another pre interview dinner and an office visit interview. Pre interview dinner had 2 others that were getting interviewed and 4 Tax associates. The office visit consisted of an introduction to the firm, a tour, lunch, and then 3 back to back interviews ( 20-25 minutes each with 1 partner and 2 directors) and then we were given a closing by the recruiters. Office visit was 5 hours long. 2 weeks later I received a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation in which you had an opinion that was not agreed upon by a group and how you went about convincing them of your opinion?   Answer Question

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Both interviews were very relaxed. A bunch of behavioral questions, then you go out to eat in the second round. I had bad luck and got a bad interviewer for the second round who asked a bunch of hard questions, but other people said that it was supposed to be a conversational type of interview so don't sweat too much.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me consulting questions (even though I'm not going to consulting), so logic questions.   Answer Question