PwC Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.8

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received an interview for the experienced position
    Did really well, but since I was a college graduate, my resume was then forwarded for an inexperienced role.
    Did really well, however the interviewer was inexperienced and lacked communication skills. Needless to say it was a poor interview process

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After being referred I spoke with the recruiter for the group, who set me up with two phone interviews with managers. After these went well I scheduled a Friday interview where I met and interviewed with the Director and Partner level. I was able to leverage another pending offer to accelerate the timeline.

Interview Questions

• Lets say I am the client and would like to know how many cows there are in the United States. How would you go about determining this? (no internet access)   1 Answer

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Two behavior internviews with campus recruiters, one manager, and a partner. The individuals who interviewed me were very easy to get along with and I actually ended up talking about our common interests. This made it seem like i was actually not being interviewed, making time go by fast.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Glassdoor helped me with some of my interviews, so I'm paying it forward with my own experience to help you:

There was an on-campus interview that was 40 minutes. Mine was with an assurance manager, and she was very bubbly and friendly. Because our personalities were very similar, it was easy to get along with her and I got invited to an office visit. The office visit was great. We had a dinner social the night before, and I got to sit with one recruiter and some associates, and I really got to know the firm a lot better. The next day, we had our interviews... two 30-minute interviews, one with a partner and one with a manager.

It was intimidating at first, but I ended up enjoying my interviews and felt like I could connect with the partner and the manager. We made a little small talk (which helps because it delays the amounts of hard questions they give you), and then they asked questions from my resume. There were a few behavioral questions, but the partner was mostly concerned with how I worked in groups and the manager was mostly interested in my experiences. PwC has a new thing where they will ask behavioral questions from areas like global acumen and excellent customer service (google it!) - a lot of the other candidates were caught off guard by it... so brush up on your behavioral questions, use the STAR method, and have 4-5 experiences ready for those questions. Good questions: "Tell me about a time when you had to quickly do research for a work or school assignment" "What position do you take in groups?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to quickly do research for a work or school assignment   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Multi-person interview, striving to find a four stage component of each candidate. I don't remember it from the follow up briefing, but some were technical knowledge, leadership, et alia.the stuff was incredibly professional and accommodating. They interviews were much more personal than substantive in material. It was obvious that PWC was striving to find quality people to train and mentor, overall the process although it took several weeks was limited stress.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the location?   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online after the meet the firms event on campus. I received an email for an on campus interview about a week later. The interview was 40 minutes with a partner of the firm.

Management/Risk Consulting Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After resume screening, all first round interviewees are invited to a pre-interview social the evening before the first round interview, to network with professionals. Highly recommended to attend. Then there is the first round of interviews: behavioural. Then PwC sorts out final round interviewees into Risk and Management Consulting on their own, and then each of these has a separate hiring process. Final round is conducted in the office with 3 back to back interviews: partner, manager and director. There is also a jeopardy game which is informal: to educate interviewees about how awesome PwC is. Each interviewer is given a host, who shows them around the office and navigates them from one interview to the other.

Interview Questions

• 1st round: behavioural. Why Consulting? Why PwC? Situational "Tell me about a time when..." questions.
      2nd round: 2 behaviourals and one case. Behaviorals are based on PwC's new value system called PwC Professional. The case is given 48 hours in advance and questions are given on the day of the interview and you get 45 minutes to think of the answers and make slides. questions are pretty obvious...you're basically making recommendations for the client based on the case study and presenting to the interviewer in the form of a role play.

Answer Question

AdvisoryManagement Consulting Interview

Application

Interview

2 fold process after application submission. Applied via school. First round (behavioral) interview on campus. Got an invitation for 2nd round within a week. Went to the office for 2nd rounds - comprised of 2 behavioral interviews (one with a partner, one with a manager) and a case interview (with a director)
    Got a call the same evening extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - tell me about a time when you were wrong and how you went about fixing the problem. Talk about X experience on your resume. I really think this depends on the interviewer - I had one super friendly interviewer (I spoke about myself - whatever I wanted to tell - and she was encouraging of that rather than asking specific questions) and the other one was very precise and wanted answers to specific questions in as much detail as possible. So it depends.   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I got to experience the new "Pwc Professional" interview. Basically its supposed to standardize the interview process. The major difference is that all the interviewers take a lot of notes. During first rounds got a "what if" question: What would you do if your saw an associate disclose confidential client information to another employee.

The second round was unique because a LOT of behavioral questions were asked anywhere from 4 to 6 per interviewer. Don't expect a conversational interview, be prepared and know the PwC professional attributes and a story about yourself that will fit each one. 3 interviews 45 min each, with 5 to 10 minutes for questions (the rest is you talking about yourself so be ready!)

Interview Questions

• (Technical PwC Professional aspect) Tell me about group project or work experience where you had to use your knowledge of accounting to correct someone else.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I think the best advice I can give someone that is interviewing with PwC is to be yourself. Instead of answering all the questions with a perfect answer, you will have a better chance if you initiate a conversation with the interviewer. On top of that, it is important to express to the firm why you chose them, and why you want to work for them. You should be fairly specific on your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• The only question I got from the partner is "tell me about yourself," make sure you keep the conversation going. Don't let them ask you question after question and made it into a routine, try to talk with them and show your good qualities in those conversations.   Answer Question