PwC

Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2014.

Applied online with employee referral as part of the campus recruitment program. The job posting had a clear timeline, of when/where the first round phone interviews and final round office interviews would be. Did not receive a phone interview, so I thought I had already been rejected. However I received an email invitation to the final round of interviews a couple days after.
PwC flew me out to the centralized interview office, with transportation, hotel & dinner covered (up to $25)
The interview consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview, each around 30 minutes. Everyone was very nice and tried to make you feel at home. Interviews were more conversational rather than going through the list of questions.

Case Interview-
We were given a case to read/analyze 2 days prior to the interview, and then at the interview we were given the case questions and 45 minutes to make slides for a 20-30 min presentation.

Behavioral Interviews-
Had a phone interview with a partner, which consisted of the general team building and why consulting kind of questions. Another interview was with a manager, where we talked about why I want to work for pwc, life as a consultant, and what I do for fun.

Heard back from them within two days

Interview Questions
  • As a non business major, the case questions were definitely the most challenging: cost drivers, possible challenges... etc of a new business direction
    Behavioral: "How do you get others to work with you" "What do you do for fun"

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Management Consultant Interview

It's pretty regular, no case interview, only fit questions. I get an phone interview, the interviewer I think just read the questions on her paper one by one. You just know your resume and follow the STAR to illustrate some basic question would be fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I met recruiters at career fair and was called back for a first round interview after submitting a resume and cover letter. My first round interview was on campus and with a partner. We had a really good conversation - departed from typical interview Q's and focused on an area that I am interested in and how I think it will affect certain industries in the future. After the first round, I was invited for a "Super Day" in NYC. This round consisted of breakfast, three half hour behavioral interviews, and a presentation on the benefits offered at PwC. I was called the same day with a verbal job offer.

Interview Questions
    Offer was fair and no need to negotiate - the benefits are unbeatable!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

applied through our university career website, and was invited for a first round interview. The night before, there was a social for all the candidates and couple partners and associates - be sure to talk to the partners! Then, went to the office for a first round interview, which consisted of two 1:1 behavioral interview.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

online- interview- ac- partner interview
    interview questions are about their leadership framework. It is important to demonstrate those as many as possible. I think the benchmark for passing the interview is average. Really think through our experiences and build rapport will be my advice.

Management Consultancy Interview

application form with 500 word career motivation and why PwC?

Online tests like numeracy and logical reasoning tests are by SHL, which are pretty hard but they are relatively generous for time so calm down in the test. Personality test (which is untimed but extremely boring)

Phone interview was standard, no curveballs really but do have a ton of examples before hand. It is pain to think of something on the fly! They say they want at least 2 examples of each competencies but have 3 for each instead to be extra safe! Also, always listen to the question and clarify your understanding before answering the question!

AC repeats the online tests (not personality one, thank god!) but on paper. These are slightly harder in my opinion but I scored 99% percentile in them that time round so maybe it was just stress. The group task was just about 5-6 people reading a 12 page brief for 15 mins about sustainability and somwhere in the 25 minute discussion, some unexpected info will drop in the last 10 minutes. We actually finsihed before the last minute info came in, which was awkward but I passed anyway! Just listen to people and acknowledge everyone's input, because, apparently, that is what they want! Hazaa!

PArtner interview at the end. It is the same competency interview once again but with a string emphasis on consultancy (or other chosen service line) and PwC, which is something I did not adequately prepare for! That was a major oversight on my half and that cost me the job offer with PwC!

Management Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

It was similar to the telephone interview and mainly competency based, they just wanted examples where you can refer back to consulting. They just want you to be able to tick all the boxes, so give as detailed of an answer as you can and be confident when doing so.

Interview Questions
    • You must know about PwCs clients and the work they have done with them, i.e how long the project was and which divisions the client was working with.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview was with a manager. Had only 1 round. Was half behavioral and half case. Case was about a company opening new manufacturing plants. What should they consider when deciding their location?

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected/extremely difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Applied online - standard application form and a short text outlining your reasons for PwC and management consulting. Following the application form are the online tests, they are SHL so there is a lot of practice material online, and the benchmark is not as high as for example their Strategy practice (Strategy&). The phone interviewer was friendly and asked basic questions about my motivation and competencies - review the 10 PwC competencies and you'll be fine. Afterwards is the Assessment Centre, where you re-do the tests, do a group case and a written exercise. Make sure your answer for the written exercise is very structured and you work well in the group - the solution itself doesn't matter as much.

Interview Questions
    • Standard competency questions during the phone interview   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

they check your problem solving skills, analytical skills and communication. At the same time they are also interested in knowing who you really are and whether you fit in their team.