PwC Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Almost like clockwork, I heard from PwC every 10 days to schedule the next interview. Everyone was uber professional along the way. Three phone interviews (recruiter, Sr Manager, Director), two in person (same Sr Manager, Managing Partner). All were mainly conversational in nature, describing current and perceived role of the area being interviewed for. I was advised that - in the hiring process - they preferred more junior candidates at Manager or below. While I received nothing but positive feedback, was ultimately rejected by a recruiter with no explanation. I requested constructive feedback, received none. I left this experience thinking there a certain type of candidate they're looking for...and - despite credentials - was not it. A shame, as the person who referred me is a wonderful ambassador for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred approach for solving problem x? I believe you may be overqualified for this position...?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Way too many interviews! I had 6 interviews before getting to the partner, only to have him tell me i needed to interview with someone else. There seemed to be a disconnect between the staff and and the upper management - in the Assurance group. The whole process left a bad taste in mouth. I decided to join somewhere else...

Interview Questions

• each person interviewing had their own approach. the questions were open ended. each interviewer had a different sense of what they were looking for in the position. the whole process was unorganized.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

1. Submitted CV online. 2. Online reasononing tests - mathematical, verbal and logical. 3. First stage interview, 90mins, competency based questions following PWC core competencies (search their careers website). 4. Second stage interview, 90 mins, 10 minute presentation on recent project, different competency based questions plus general interview questions - why do you want to move, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have done things differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for Internal Audit Manager in the Atlanta Risk Assurance group. Great HR support and fast communication and in office interview. They got back to me with a very resolvable offer within a week after the interview and noted that the offer will be extended the day after the office interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Very standard questions regarding previous experience and future goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Have spoken to 8 different people along the process. It was long but very rewarding as I got to know a lot about the company before I even joined. It may seem that the long process could give you a false impression but in my case helped me to make my decision as I was able to network with a lot of different people from different levels that told me several good things about the company.

Interview Questions

• Since I was interviewed for a position which I am expert, I did not face any difficulties in responding their questions. However, their questions were tricky hard ones and very tailored for the job level I was applying for. It was appropriate and very likely situations you will be facing during your projects.   Answer Question

I wanted to be one level higher than they were offering. The compensation they offered me was a 30% bump of my current compensation which is great, however, when I looked at their benefits (specially Health Insurance) it would cost me 300% more than what I currently pay at my current position.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

The process included two phone interviews and a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• I was being recruited in and wasn't really searching for a job, therefore the organization was selling me on them. I do not recall any hard questions. But I was sold an organization I never experienced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

2 to 3 managerment team had an interview with me. it took 2 hours

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview with HR, in person interview with HR and met 4 other staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Fantastic everyone was friendly and helpful. A very short process ... 1st Interview with a recruiter, 2nd interview - phone interview with a Sr. Manager, 3rd Interview in office with 2 Partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First round interview either in person or by phone and then in office interviews with three people at different levels.