PwC Interview Questions & Reviews in McLean, VA

2.6

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Applied several times on website several times. Process was lengthy and disorganized; had nearly a dozen calls and in person interviews; some interviewers were late by significant blocks off time

Interview Questions
    No negotiations - I accepted terms as is which were within personal expectations. PwC's health plan is terrible - had I known I would have factored those extra expenses into salary consideration

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

I initially was recognized at a career fair where they marked my resume as one for consideration. My first interview was on campus and was strictly behavioral where all they wanted to know was about my history and what I was looking for at PwC. The second interview was at PwC and they had me meet with an associate, a manager, and a partner. Each interview was behavioral. All they wanted to know was if my personality fit with the company and the people working there. I was contacted shortly after the interview and they let me know they wanted me as an intern.

Interview Questions
    • Name a scenario where you were challenged and how did you solve the situation.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Best way to get in is get referred for a specific position. Do not ask a friend to generally refer you. Nothing will come of it. You need to research and know what position you should apply for. There will be multiple interviews on the phone before an on-site interview. Usually openings are for specific needs so tailor your resume and answers to the job description if you want the job. There are very few generalist openings.

Interview Questions
    • I've never seen anything too crazy asked, but PwC is in a very entrepreneurial state for a big company in advisory right now. If you can't understand that work isn't just dropped in front of you to do and that you have to do things to grow the business and client footprints than it probably isn't a good fit for you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but if you do negotiate it is directly with the partner you will be working for.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Multiple interviews within a 2 day process, mostly focused on career goals and aspirations

Interview Questions
    • Coming out of college I had little experience and a lot of questions were based on what I had done in certain situations in the past that I hadn't actually encountered   Answer Question
    No negotiation; they give an offer and you take it or leave it

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC.

I worked directly with an outside recruiter hired positions (not temp to perm). the process was simple - i met with the recruiter who afterwards scheduled an interview. i met with HR and the two executives (partners) i would be supporting. while i did not get an offer for the position i interviewed for, they said i would be great supporting a different set of partners. i went back, interviewed again, and accepted the offer on my drive home.

n/a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Three interviews, one case, and two behavioral. They give you the case two days before your office visit, and the main purpose of this process was to see how you could think outside the box. Both behavioral interviews were basic rundown's of the resume. Have a story to make yourself standout and show a team orientated approach.

Interview Questions
    • Identify a class not pertaining to your major that you thoroughly enjoyed and why.   Answer Question

Start Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

2 Interivews- 1 on campus behavioral, 1 office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you worked in a team and experienced difficulty?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Risk Assurance Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

1. PWC's Application through the campus portal
    2. Was shortlisted and attended the interview with a Director
    3. Attended the 2 interviews back to back ( one with Manager and one Partner)

None

Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Selected for an on-campus interview and was invited to a meet and greet event the night before. There were a bunch of PwC employees there and we all mingled and ate, it was very laid back. The next day was my 1 on 1 interview with a manager, which was very relaxed. We basically had a conversation for an our, and I didn't feel like I was being grilled at all. I heard back a few days later with an invite to the on-site visit that Friday in McLean. Myself and about 15 other candidates were there. We met in the lobby, got a presentation with lunch, and then the interviews began. My first interview was with a manager and that consisted of a few behavioral questions. My second interview was with a partner and it was again behavioral. My last interview was with another manager, and this was the case interview. They gave us the case in advance but gave us the questions that day. The case was pretty complicated and the questions were specific to each candidate's line of service. This is the first time PwC is doing case studies for undergrad interns. Prepare well in advance and you will wow them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time an acquaintance helped you complete a task or learn something new.
      Why PwC?
      What are you looking for in an internship?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!