PwC Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I was brought in by one of the partners, so my interview process was different, since I never independently applied for the position. I initially talked with HR regarding what I do now, my salary goals, what I am looking for, etc. I then met with a director/manager from the east coast via the phone. The interview was about half an hour and was more so talking about what they do. It took a while to get the next interview set up, so there was about a one month gap between my first interview and my second. The second interviews were in person, I met first with a director and then a partner. In that process they basically talked to me about the company and the department, they asked me the normal questions, why do you want to come here, what are you looking for, etc. nothing too difficult or challenging. Luckily they were faster on the turn around after the second interview and I was offered a position the next afternoon. The actual onboarding process is a bit of a process, be prepared for a very thorough background check, they will verify employment, education, do a credit check, etc. The downside to the onboarding is that they only have specific dates that you can come into the company, so I had to choose between a handful of dates across two months. Unfortunately because of how the dates landed I have to wait two months until my actual start date. I have not started yet, but am working through the onboarding process currently.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really out of left field questions for me, very generic and I thought they were all easy to answer   Answer Question
    The recruiter called me with an offer of employment and asked what I currently make and what I am looking to make. We talked it through and she gave me the current salary range for people in similar positions. I submitted what I was looking for to the recruiter based on this information, they brought my bid back to the partners and the partners approved my request the next day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

My first interview was on campus. I had previously attended a career fair and recruiting event to get to know some of the representatives. The first round was just one 1:1 interview. Not difficult. I was basically told at the end I would be receiving a second interview. About a month later I went to their office for second round interviews. There was breakfast and a short presentation. Then I went through three 30 minute interviews. No hard questions. All conversational. Just found a way to relate my experiences to the qualities that they are looking for in an employee. We had lunch afterward and they called me and made an offer about 30 minutes after I left the office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All interviews were conversational   Answer Question

Winter Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2013.

My experience with the PwC recruiting process was exceptional. It was a challenge at first, as PwC doesn't recruit at my school, but by creating a profile on their website and clicking a link to contact my local recruiter, I was able to get in touch with someone.

The promptness of communication was second to none, and I was able to exchange a number of emails with my recruiter over the course of a couple of weeks to get a feel for what the best steps would be for me while looking into PwC. I was initially invited in for their Sneak Peek program where a small group of students heard presentations from Managers or Directors in each major business group in their Minneapolis office. We were then individually taken out to lunch by an associate and had the opportunity to chat and ask questions. My guess is that this is part of their vetting process - can you carry on a conversation and are you an easy person to get along with in a social setting?

The following week, I was invited in for an interview for a winter internship in assurance. We scheduled the interview two and a half weeks out as I was in the midst of finals by then. When I arrived for my interview, I was greeted by an associate that would be responsible for bringing me to my interviews and taking me out to lunch afterwards. The associate was great - very friendly and helpful.

I had three half hour interviews: first with a partner and then second two with managers. They were all very welcoming and casual. Each interview was very much just a conversation about who I was, and why I wanted to be there. I had prepared for every behavioral question under the sun, but it wasn't really like that. They worked a couple of typical questions in, but almost nothing related to my resume. I was surprised, to be honest, but I assume what they are really after is seeing if you will be a good fit in their culture. They know that you know your stuff - they can see your resume and GPA. They want to see if you can handle talking with people, working with a team and will be motivated to push out great work.

Overall, I had an awesome experience. BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating your hourly pay for these internships, but the pay was definitely competitive. The partner who had interviewed me called me to thank me for coming in and that PwC would be extending an offer to me for a winter internship in their Assurance group. They then send you an offer letter over email and you electronically accept or decline.

Project Team Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

I was very impressed with the overall professionalism and conduct of the interview process. The process was a combination of a phone interview and two stages of interviews (1:1 interviews with group members). In terms of content, about one-half consisted of behavioral and situational questions while the other half were general questions concerning the duties and responsibilities of the position-including an overview of the firm and position.

Again, a very positive and favorable interview process-refreshingly friendly and professional.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Consisted of an on campus interview followed by a half day series of in office interviews. In total there were 4 interviews with various levels of individuals. Interviews were fairly informal and consisted of a conversation as opposed to behavioral questions. Be ready to explain everything on your resume.

Also take note to talk to as many other individuals within the firm as possible during the recruitment process as everyone you meet will have some input within the final hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but most everyone asked why PwC as opposed to the other Big 4 companies and why tax instead of audit.   Answer Question
    No negotiation readily available because there are so many individuals that apply for these jobs and all Big 4 companies most likely are paying the same.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Straight-forward. Phone interview, in person interview with 3-4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary and little technical questions. Interview was more of a cultural fit assessment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All starting associates sign the same offer.