PwC Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.9

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral Interview with extremely nice group of people. Be personable and make sure PwC is a good fit for you before accepting. There is not a whole lot you can do to prepare other than being confident in your abilities and confident that PwC is a good place with you for a good reason. Beyond that, be comfortable with travellng and open to learning.

Financial Service Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Superday, with three-30 minute interviews with a Manager, Director and a Partner. All interviews were behavioral. Off the bat I made a strong connection with one of the interviewees, so that interview turned into a fluid, normal conversation rather than a formal meet and greet.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

After a phone screening, i had two interviews with two separate partners in one day. Not intimidating; actually very, very open! Was later called and asked about interest in joining a different industry grouping than partners I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a difficult client encounter and how did you resolve or diffuse the situation   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really helpful, straighforward and too the point. They ask you questions that they would like to see in individuals they would have to work with. A good thing to think about is the airport test, which is commonly used in these kinds of interviews.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a senior associate role on the advisory team, which consisted for 3 rounds. Round 1: Phone screen with HR. They asked 3 basic questions: why do you want to leave, why do you want to work here and walk me through your resume. Round 2: This consisted of a technical phone screen with a manager and was presented hypothetical problems and how I would go about solving them. Round 3: Took place in the NYC office and met with a manager, director and partner. During this 3 hour interview session, I was asked the same questions that I received during rounds 1 and 2. The proceeding business day I got a phone call from my recruiter informing me that an offer was on the way, but it ended up taking two weeks to receive the official offer.

IFS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Phone screening interview, then in person super day with 3 people in that line of service ranging from senior associate to senior manager. I kept in constant contact with the recruiter which made the transition more more smooth. All questions were behavioral. The only thing technical is what I brought up to make myself stand out.

Interview Questions

• What skills from your past experiences can you utilize at PwC?   Answer Question

International Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus interview was pretty standard, basic resume questions and why this job? why this city? type stuff. Got a call back to do an office visit 10 days later. Had honestly given up on the job by then. They flew me out to NYC, and put me up in a very nice hotel. The office visit began with an hour long presentation with light breakfast where they basically just tried to sell us on PWC. Interviewed with a few other students from my same school, so we were all together pretty much the whole day outside of the actual interviews. After the presentation there were 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with Directors. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too tricky though. Then the interviewees had lunch with associates before we were on our way. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict due to cultural differences, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. First, I had a phone interview with the referrals team. This was resume based and behavioral. Three weeks later, I had a phone conversation with the HR person for Risk Assurance. Another week later, I had another phone interview with a manager in my practice. Another two weeks later I had an office interview. I spoke with a Director followed by a Managing Director. These were half hour behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level. Didn't negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was on-site, I met with a manager, a HR and a partner. Each had half a hour. Questions were all relatively easy.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by invitation to Superday. There were three interviews (one with a partner and two with senior associates). You need to know the PwC framework and they ask questions based on that. I heard back later that night that I had received an offer.