PwC Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

it was very quick they are starving for people so they will hire you if they decide they like you. Just be personable and know what you are talking about and you will get an offer.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview on campus. Second round interview at location in NYC.
    At office visit in NYC there were 3 Interviews:
    First interview was with someone in HR- mostly behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with a Senior Associate- asked more technical accounting questions.
    Third interview was with a partner- very friendly and was asked general questions about the accounting industry and why I wanted to work for PwC in particular.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC?
      What do you know about the accounting industry?
      Tell me about a time when you had to get your work reviewed.
      Tell me about a time you had to defend an unpopular opinion.

Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website. Got an email 2 weeks later getting invited to Superday event. The firm flies you in and pays for hotel. Superday was a presentation and 3 1-1 interviews with managers/partners

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

If you have the experience, and you don't get a call, it's usually timing. PwC is always in need of talent. So if at first you don't succeed, follow up, try again, try with other contacts, do what you must. PwC employees have an incentive to recruit. Reach out to any sort of contact you have, sell yourself to your contact, and they will push you to HR... if you've got it. Once in the door, first round is usually with recruiting, possible phone interview, then onto specific industry and market team HR managers potentially a phone interview also. After that you likely have 2 rounds, a senior manager or partner for both rounds. At that level, you have the best and brightest in the game interviewing you. They are going to ask you a bit about your experience, but that won’t be a focus. Your attitude, personality, character, sociability..that’s what they are looking for. Get your story together, practice in front of a mirror, dress sharp, think smart, and present yourself. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Be an interesting person, bring that to the interview. They are trying to get to know you.You can control that. If you can't than that's where the unexpected questions are coming from.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step to the interview process is to apply to the university's recruiting network. Then from there you would have to do a supplemental application with the PwC's domain website. Afterwards you would be called back for a campus interview, which should take about 1-2 weeks after you submit your application and whether or not you applied at the beginning or the end of the period. When you pass the campus interview you would be asked to come and visit New York City which is a process that takes roughly 1-2 weeks as well! PwC is very timely when it comes to giving students responses on your interview steps. When you enter the office for the NYC interview your would be grouped together in small groups of like 3-4 and from there you would head out to a series of 3 interviews. One interview would be with a Partner, Sr. Manager and a Sr. Associate. This part was really fun it allowed you to get a glimpse into PwC's culture where you could evaluate the company and see if this is the right fit for you. Overall my experience was absolutely amazing and I truly enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Nice list of behavioral questions. Such as why did you choose your major? or Stuff like walk me through your resume. Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years? Why do you want to work for PwC?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant - Technology Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through campus career portal.
    Phase 1: On campus interview. 2 rounds. Behavioral. The first interview mostly discussed my projects and not many questions. Took about 45 mins(Though the typical time is 30 mins). The second interviewer asked many behavioral questions ('how would you react in this scenario..etc)

Got a call in about a week or an onsite interview in NYC.
    They sent a case one day before the interview and I was asked to prepare.

Phase 2: Onsite. 3 rounds
    All the participants were taken into a hall where we were given 45 min to prepare a presentation on few papers. After that, my first interview was with a partner. Behavioral. Then with another senior associate. The final round was case. The interviewer enacted as a client and I was supposed to enact as a PwC Consultant and present my summary on the case.

Everything went well. Amazing accommodation. Reimbursements for food and transportation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope. Fixed for college hires.

Associate Consultant - Advisory Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and received a first round interview. The first round was behavioral, they asked questions about leadership, fit etc. After the first round, they invited me to a final round interview in the nearest major office. They final round consisted of three back-to-back interviews, two behavioral and one case. For the case, they sent us a brief a few days before, and we had to prepare a 20 minute presentation once we got to the office on how to address the client's needs.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem with your University?
      How would you go about fixing it?

1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

This was an on campus recruitment procedure. There was a informal meet and greet the night before the initial interview. Where you introduced yourself and a fun fact. The Next day you interviewed with a manager or partner and he/she asked you behavioral questions. Such as tell me a time when you received a developmental review. When you believe in something what do you do about that belief? etc. Once you pass the first interview you are invited to the Superday in which you are invited to dinner and then an all day interview process the next day. During superday you have 3 interviews one being with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Be up to date with current events for instance whats going on with the business world in the past few days. How do you research data?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Don't waste your time; find a company that will make a hiring decision. These people really have no clue as to how to run a company, let alone make hiring decisions. I'm working for Deloitte because of it, and you know what, PWC did me a favor! Trust me, I'd love to hear from others who experienced the same incompetent recruiting process, because I'm sure there are many!

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

One on campus behavioral interview followed by an onsite interview/hiring event. The full day in NYC consisted of one hour to prepare for the cast study presentation, a case presentation, two behavioral interviews, and an hour-long presentation where we learned more about the firm.

The on-campus interview was entirely behavioral. The case study presented for the on-site was generic but something I had no interest or expertise in, which made it difficult. The interviewer wasn't overly harsh with questions and, in fact, was rather helpful.

Interview Questions

• The case study presentation was the most difficult and was presumably the most heavily-weighted portion of the interview   Answer Question