PwC

2.9

243 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

All behavioral. They want to get to know you as well as give you a chance to get to know them. Great experience. My only complaint would be that they don't like to consider you for other openings other than what you are applying for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round on campus, then on site superday

Interview Questions
    • Where else are you interviewing? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Manager, Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

One phone interview with Director and Partner and one in-person interview/casual conversation with same Partner.

Reasonable. I had other offers on the table and they increased their offer. They did not match the other offer as they knew I wanted to move to PwC for career reasons.

Advisory Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

The NY office folks were very nice. I emailed a recruiter and obtained a first round of interviews. Next round I did not hear back and was not informed of the next process. The PWC portal indicated my candidacy was in Initial Interest phase. The rest is history.
    I contacted the HR dept again and again and the Products and Services HR recruiter did not respond but indicated interest verbally. Not sure what that means. It was like "yes we are interested" from HR but we aren't calling you yet. It's been months.

Interview Questions
    • It was technical question related to my skillset. Other than that, the questions were straightforward to the role.   Answer Question

Experienced Associate (Assurance) - Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Initially contacted by HR to know about my background, VISA status, expected pay and other HR details. Call lasted for 30 minutes.
    Moved on to the hiring manager, where he asked me in depth questions on one of my term projects - he specifically asked what was my contribution.
    After that, I had 3 back to back interviews with 2 managers and a director. Some technical questions on DBMS like "LIKE" and ROW_NUM.
    Finally the partner round - I lost here.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tough boss scenario.
      2. Explain each of your projects especially where you did data manipulation and analysis.
      3. What did you like and dislike in your previous job?
      No out of blue questions.
        Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2014.

The hiring and interview process was standard. There was an HR screen, a telephone screen with a Manager, and three in-person interviews with Directors. The first in-person interview was the case study. I received the case study two days in advance of the interview, worked on it quite a bit at home, and was happy to have it out of the way. The woman who conducted the case with me was very pleasant and patient. In retrospect, I don't know if I would have spent as much time preparing for the case as I did. I was unhappy with the way the final interview went because the person interviewing me was more concerned about how I got there (and how I landed prior positions) than my experience and what I could bring to the table. The last person asked too many personal questions -- not good, not professional. There was no interview debrief with HR or walkout -- it was pretty strange.

Interview Questions
    • From what I recall of the business case.
      ...Please design a proposal that addresses one or more of the following key questions and areas of focus:
      -What are the challenges and/or opportunities with the current operating model?
      -What framework and approach should be used to improve the operating model?
      -(and two others).
        Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The process included the typical questions: where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about a time you worked in a team, how would your teammates describe you, etc.
    A pretty straight forward process and with a little preparation you should be just fine

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me off guard was "Explain to me what PwC does"   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

I attended a university recruiting session and dropped my resume. Within about a month they called me for a first round behavioral interview. The interview was one on one with one of the senior level managers in the advisory practice. The next business day I received a notice that I was accepted for a final round interview in the office.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite job you've held in the past?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

2 to 3 managerment team had an interview with me. it took 2 hours

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Went through campus recruiting. Wanted to work in the NYC office, had to go through recruitment through my school to get a referral to NYC.

The Process:

The recruiter and some staff members would randomly have events on campus. Events consisted of mock interviews, resume review and tabling. I attempted to at least stop one or two so she would know who I am.

Career fair the recruiter wasn't there during the time I was there but I handed my resume to a staff person and asked him a couple questions.

Selected for an on campus interview. There is a pre-night event. Slightly informal, but was being watched the whole time. I spoke to the guy who was going to interview me the night before. Had some general questions that I have for events like these, "How long have you been with the firm?" "What is a day in the life like?" etc. but also talked about things that had nothing to do with accounting. Laughed and talked for a little while, then did the same with the recruiter etc.

Campus interview: Asked behavioral questions "Tell me a time you didn't meet a deadline" "Tell me a time you had to think on your feet" etc. In my situation I was specifically asked why NYC? Made sure to ask him some questions back.

Received an email a week or so later saying Congratulations you have been selected for a PwC NYC office interview. Didn't hear back from them for probably two weeks. Received a call on a Thursday to ask if I could be in NYC on Monday to interview at the NYC office.

Office interview:

Starts with breakfast, very informal. I knew no one there but made sure to start up convo's with some of the interviewees, laughed and talked with them. The recruiter came by introduced herself had a couple moments for a conversation with her.

Presentation/Panel - opportunity to ask questions. I always try to ask at least one question that makes people think or that shows a genuine interest in being a member of the firm.

Assigned an "office buddy" who will take you from interview to interview. I made sure to ask him about himself, how he liked his job, and other random questions. Also want to talk to him about stuff that doesn't have to do with accounting or work. Met other staff members and spoke with them about the job and non job related stuff.

Interviews: I had three interviews. Each interview was about 30 mins long. One with a manager from another service line, the Partner of the area I was going to work, a senior manager from the area I was going to work. All had general behavioral questions, asked me questions about what I had done on my resume, (Know your resume, know why you want to work for the firm, how what you have done before can be applied to what you would do) why I wanted to work in NYC, etc. I asked them questions about what they do, do they like what they do, challenges, opportunities etc.

After my last interview my buddy took me to his work area to wait for the other buddies/interviewees we were going to walk to lunch with. Made a point to make conversation with the other buddies and interviewees. On the walk to the restaurant took the time to laugh and talk with another buddy besides mine, ask some questions, talk about the city etc.

Lunch is more relaxed but I didn't forget I am being watched. Made small talk wit the interviewee beside me, sat back more and let the staff members carry the conversation but contributed here and there. After lunch said my goodbyes/thank yous to my buddy, and the other staff members.

Received a call about 2 - 3 hrs later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any technical questions. Most of the questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. Asked mostly about my resume, a behavioral question or two and then it was more conversational.   Answer Question

The firm is great, the people I met were great, but I felt a better fit at another Big 4 firm.