PwC Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.9

222 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

First went through on campus recruiting. Met with a manager from PWC and was very conversational interview. Asked about teamwork examples (bad team players, how you handled situation, etc). Received a call for a second round interview about 4-5 days afterwards. The super day kept being pushed back because they wanted all the candidates to be in the office at the same time. Was pushed back about 3 weeks to late November.
    Superday started with breakfast, a HR manager presentation and then a panel with 2 young associates. Make sure to ask a question ( I asked about opportunities for international travel). Next I had 3 consecutive interviews starting with the manager, then director and lastly managing director. The manager asked the most technical questions ( Why Pwc, why tax, how do you manage time, work late + manage course load, team work, etc). The director was very laid-back and talked about the social aspect, sports teams that PWC can offer. Maybe asked 1 question off my resume regarding previous internship. Lastly was the managing director. Asked several questions about why accounting, why my school and why tax. Make sure to speak about at least one relevant accounting issue related to your position with the partner. This will set you apart from other candidates and the partners will love it that you did some outside research. Overall process was simple. Interviewed wendesday and heard back Monday for an offer in NYC office.

Interview Questions
    • Why accounting? Why Tax? Why Pwc? Give examples of how you managed extensive course load/job/ school at once.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

No hard questions, just go through your resume. They are nice people. But questions from HR are more hard than partners.

Interview Questions
    • what accounting? what is your favorite course in school?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

phone interview with HR, in person interview with HR and met 4 other staff.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

First round interview on campus. Superday at the office. Process was about 3 months.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Got an interview request from my school's career fair. Went in to interview a week later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Fantastic everyone was friendly and helpful. A very short process ... 1st Interview with a recruiter, 2nd interview - phone interview with a Sr. Manager, 3rd Interview in office with 2 Partners.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Got the interview via School application. I talked to the recruiter and a senior in the group to learn about the position and the interview.

Interview was with head of the financial services group. All the questions are pretty basics, not even so behavioral, basically let you talk about yourself and go over something interesting on the resumes.

You have to catch every opportunity to stand out instead of just plainly finish each question.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about PwC? Just was not prepared for something that basics, did not know where to start with.   Answer Question

Forensic Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I've networked with the recruiter prior to applying. Then, I submitted my application online through my university's career services website, then had a campus interview, then went to new york for the second round interview where I interviewed with 3 people. They told me they would let me know in a week but I found out a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study that involved a fictitious financial services firm. But the information was given to me a day in advance and I could prepare. They didn't give you the questions ahead of time though. So one interview was on the case study and the other two were nontechnical, personality questions. No real surprises.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Initially applied through my school's career services website, and was invited for an on-campus interview shortly after. The interview was pretty conversational. I was only asked two questions directly, and they were both easy ones. The partner I interviewed with was most interested in hearing me talk about my resume directly rather than answering behavioral questions. About a week after my campus interview I received a call from the recruiter inviting me to Superday.

Interview Questions
    • Only two questions, rest of interview was conversation. 1. Tell me about a time when someone in your team was not pulling their weight, and how did you deal with it.
      2. Tell me about a time you were not able to meet a deadline.
        Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Numerous on-campus events (about 4) to learn about the firm and network. These are important to attend and indicate your interest.

First round consisted of two 45 minute "behavioral" interviews, back-to-back. These were more conversational than behavioral, with questions designed to understand your decision-making process. The first round interviews are with the vertical you apply for (Financial Services, Healthcare, and Products & Services Industries), and not necessarily for the competencies and practice group you showed interest in.

Second and final round is on-site "Super Day", in Chicago/NYC/Boston depending on the practice group you are chosen to interview for. There is a pre-interview reception the evening before where you'll get to meet people in the practice group and possibly the people who will be interviewing you.

This round consists of a case interview and two behavioral interviews, including one with a partner. The case is sent 48 hours in advance but the problem that you will review is revealed when you arrive at PwC for the last round of interviews. They give you 45 minutes to prepare slides that you will present to a director or manager as they were the client.

The two behaviorals are more conversational, similar to the first round. I believe PwC is really looking for fit (and if they can stand being stuck somewhere with you), at least with MBA interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • Random questions like why I chose my school, what my favorite classes were and why. I wasn't expecting questions like that for an mba-level hire.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for campus hires. They were clear with our campus advisors that they would not negotiate.