PwC

190 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Associate Intern Interview

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – The process was long and had multiple rounds. The interviews occurred spread out across about 2/3 months. The interviewers were extremely friendly and HR was always willing to communicate and help out.

Interview Question – Understand the role and what is asked of you.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very behavioral. No technical questions asked. They care a lot about people and relationship building.

Interview Question – None. Just be honest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Campus hire. Selected for case study, then phone interview with HR, followed by interview day with 3 people: Manager, Director, and Partner.

Interview Question – none, conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, focused on my last salary which i was foolish to share

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Recruited through on campus recruiting process. Involved initial behavioral interview on campus with one manager followed by an office visit with 3 others at the New York office, where I talked to a manager, partner and director. Got a chance to meet several associates and senior associates as well. No case interviews here (unlike my experience with other firms). All behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Wasn't particularly difficult. Interviews were conversations that revolved around my prior work during internships.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salaries seem pretty set in stone.

Risk Assurance Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Campus interviews - fly in for office interviews (3 more) - finally a phone interview with a partner

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – One on one on campus interview then went to office and sat wtih five different managers.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Experienced Advisory Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2013.

Interview Details – It is a very strenuous process that takes weeks, even months to complete. Have patience because you will need it.

1st rd - Phone screening with HR to talk about my background and what I was looking for
2nd rd - Phone interview with Mgr to discuss my background, technical skills and where I would fit in with the advisory group (ARCA)
3rd rd - Two In person interviews with a manager and senior manager. Sr Mgr was late to our meeting so we didn't have much time to talk, however we discussed my background and what he was looking for.
Mgr interview was more technical in nature and consisted of very detailed questions previous projects, what skills were used, etc.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a SQL inner join and a SQL outer join?   View Answer

International Tax Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had on campus interview and passed to the second round.

Interview Question – Mention three weaknesses and three strengths.   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend, there are 2 stages, 1 is phone interview with the HR recruiter, then is coming in to do the interview a week after. Interviewed with 4 people who were all very nice and asked about my previous job experience, nothing too technical.

Interview Question – What kind of difficulties did you encounter in the last job?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate - Full Time Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. Recruiter reviewed the resume and gave good tips. First interview with a director on Campus. Was telling about the company and his path. Ask basic questions from the resume. Second interview was with three individuals. A senior manager, a partner and an HR person. Interviews were back to back. Reception and breakfast perceeded, followed by a forum with a partner and an associate. Important to ask questions. Following was an office tour and an escort to the interviwers. At the interview, all was done in the nicest atmosphere. Interviewers were telling about themselves. What mainly all wanted to see was a normal well rounded person that wanted to contribute. Some scenario questions were asked.

Interview Question – If you have someone in your team that is slacking off, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. HR informed me that the starting salary is non negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC