PwC

2.9

248 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The process included the typical questions: where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about a time you worked in a team, how would your teammates describe you, etc.
    A pretty straight forward process and with a little preparation you should be just fine

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me off guard was "Explain to me what PwC does"   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

I attended a university recruiting session and dropped my resume. Within about a month they called me for a first round behavioral interview. The interview was one on one with one of the senior level managers in the advisory practice. The next business day I received a notice that I was accepted for a final round interview in the office.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite job you've held in the past?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

2 to 3 managerment team had an interview with me. it took 2 hours

No negotiation

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Went through campus recruiting. Wanted to work in the NYC office, had to go through recruitment through my school to get a referral to NYC.

The Process:

The recruiter and some staff members would randomly have events on campus. Events consisted of mock interviews, resume review and tabling. I attempted to at least stop one or two so she would know who I am.

Career fair the recruiter wasn't there during the time I was there but I handed my resume to a staff person and asked him a couple questions.

Selected for an on campus interview. There is a pre-night event. Slightly informal, but was being watched the whole time. I spoke to the guy who was going to interview me the night before. Had some general questions that I have for events like these, "How long have you been with the firm?" "What is a day in the life like?" etc. but also talked about things that had nothing to do with accounting. Laughed and talked for a little while, then did the same with the recruiter etc.

Campus interview: Asked behavioral questions "Tell me a time you didn't meet a deadline" "Tell me a time you had to think on your feet" etc. In my situation I was specifically asked why NYC? Made sure to ask him some questions back.

Received an email a week or so later saying Congratulations you have been selected for a PwC NYC office interview. Didn't hear back from them for probably two weeks. Received a call on a Thursday to ask if I could be in NYC on Monday to interview at the NYC office.

Office interview:

Starts with breakfast, very informal. I knew no one there but made sure to start up convo's with some of the interviewees, laughed and talked with them. The recruiter came by introduced herself had a couple moments for a conversation with her.

Presentation/Panel - opportunity to ask questions. I always try to ask at least one question that makes people think or that shows a genuine interest in being a member of the firm.

Assigned an "office buddy" who will take you from interview to interview. I made sure to ask him about himself, how he liked his job, and other random questions. Also want to talk to him about stuff that doesn't have to do with accounting or work. Met other staff members and spoke with them about the job and non job related stuff.

Interviews: I had three interviews. Each interview was about 30 mins long. One with a manager from another service line, the Partner of the area I was going to work, a senior manager from the area I was going to work. All had general behavioral questions, asked me questions about what I had done on my resume, (Know your resume, know why you want to work for the firm, how what you have done before can be applied to what you would do) why I wanted to work in NYC, etc. I asked them questions about what they do, do they like what they do, challenges, opportunities etc.

After my last interview my buddy took me to his work area to wait for the other buddies/interviewees we were going to walk to lunch with. Made a point to make conversation with the other buddies and interviewees. On the walk to the restaurant took the time to laugh and talk with another buddy besides mine, ask some questions, talk about the city etc.

Lunch is more relaxed but I didn't forget I am being watched. Made small talk wit the interviewee beside me, sat back more and let the staff members carry the conversation but contributed here and there. After lunch said my goodbyes/thank yous to my buddy, and the other staff members.

Received a call about 2 - 3 hrs later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any technical questions. Most of the questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. Asked mostly about my resume, a behavioral question or two and then it was more conversational.   Answer Question

The firm is great, the people I met were great, but I felt a better fit at another Big 4 firm.

Risk Assurance Intern ERP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in December 2013.

I am in the first year of my MBA program. I was looking for a summer internship position and was referred by an acquaintance in PwC. I got a call from a recruiter from Boston and an interview was fixed. On the day of the interview I was called and the interview lasted only for 2 minutes because the recruiter thought I was graduating in 2014 and wanted to interview me for a full time position. However she said that I am a good fit for the company and with my 9 years of experience I can be an asset. She said that she would forward my resume to the campus recruiting team. I never expected another call from them after that. However in a couple of weeks I got an email from another recruiter asking for my preferred interview location. I was then contacted by another recruiter (third in the whole process) who fixed my interviews. The first one was a telephonic interview taken by a manager from Texas. After the interview he told me that he was going to recommend me, so I already knew I was going to the next round. The personal interview was in New York and I was interviewed by a Managing Director and a Manager. I reached NYC a day earlier and was put up in a hotel hardly 5 mins 10 mins from PwC office at Madison avenue. The first interview was with the managing director. I had practiced my answers well but after the " tell me about yourself" question it was just a conversation and spontaneous, something you cannot prepare for. Overall it was great and I knew I had impressed him. I had asked good questions and he appreciated.
    The next one was the manager who pretty much had hand written notes at the back of my resume. It was just a conversation and he explained me how they would use me once I am there ( another hint I was coming aboard). He and I had one thing in common that both of us had our first babies just 2 weeks before the interview and we laughed how difficult it is to stay up all night.
    After the interview I almost knew there was going to be a positive response. On my way back home to Connecticut I got the call from the recruiter that I was being offered the internship position and that they would also like to offer me full time position.

I have a feeling that with my 9 years of ERP consulting experience they had already decided to hire me even before the interview and just wanted to check if I was good enough to handle clients independently during the personal interview.

It is important to be confident and be yourself for these personal interviews. Preparing examples of situations for behavioral questions is good but these interviews often take their own shape and you have to be spontaneous to answer questions and respond to interesting conversations.

Interview Questions
    • With your experience how would you feel to work with interns who are recent college graduates? example of Team Management   Answer Question

Senior Consultant - Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Generally speaking, this is a HUGE company and they are machine-like in their hiring process. For me, it was a five-step process...

1) Recruiter reached out based on online profile (Indeed or LinkedIn, I'm not 100% sure)
    2) Phone interview with/Recruiter
    3) Phone interview w/PwC HR
    4) Phone interview w/PwC Director
    5) 3 separate in-person interviews w/Partners and Directors and then a closing interview w/HR

There are, as you can imagine, a lot of back and forth discussions with HR. They're very professional and straightforward so make sure you're on your toes.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were fairly easy...walk me through your resume, what are some challenges you've faced, what excites you about PwC, etc. Also, I did get a question about trends I'm seeing in the industry. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the person interviewing you. They will, and should, ask questions that relate to their background.   Answer Question
    I gave them a number based on what I'm making now and where I think i'm valued in the market. Don't be too aggressive...they know what they're doing and understand value. Try to be fair and come into negotiations at a reasonable number.

ARCR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

1st round is phone interview. Talking about my projects and course study. 2nd round is onsite. I don't know why I didn't go through.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Was referred into the Company. Individuals I met with were very intelligent and asked both technical and non technical questions. Should know your resume inside out before the interview

Can tell from the interview process that on the job I will also be challenged to thnk outside the box. All interviewers were very sharp and knew their business focus well.

Did not negotiate

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

applied through school job recruiting link;
    campus interview
    office visit interview: three rounds

Interview Questions
    • What is your special skills or characters that you think are unique to the company and how do you coach others within your team about your specialty?   Answer Question
    no negotiation opportunity

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

1st round on campus interview, going smoothly with a conversation with senior manager. Fina round on-site superday, interviewed with 3 different people one by one.