PwC

2.9

234 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PwC Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Campus recruiting and company website/ talk to recruiters on campus/ first round on campus interview and second round in New York office/ tax super day got 100+ candidates / about 20 people interviewing the same group as me

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever done something that you thing you should have done better ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase for me

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The first step to the interview process is to apply to the university's recruiting network. Then from there you would have to do a supplemental application with the PwC's domain website. Afterwards you would be called back for a campus interview, which should take about 1-2 weeks after you submit your application and whether or not you applied at the beginning or the end of the period. When you pass the campus interview you would be asked to come and visit New York City which is a process that takes roughly 1-2 weeks as well! PwC is very timely when it comes to giving students responses on your interview steps. When you enter the office for the NYC interview your would be grouped together in small groups of like 3-4 and from there you would head out to a series of 3 interviews. One interview would be with a Partner, Sr. Manager and a Sr. Associate. This part was really fun it allowed you to get a glimpse into PwC's culture where you could evaluate the company and see if this is the right fit for you. Overall my experience was absolutely amazing and I truly enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nice list of behavioral questions. Such as why did you choose your major? or Stuff like walk me through your resume. Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years? Why do you want to work for PwC?   Answer Question

International Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I applied through my school's career center, and had an on-campus interview. After a month or so, I received an email for the office interview. The on-campus interview was conversations, mostly me asking questions to the interviewer. The office interview mainly consists of behavioral questions, and more conversations. It was not hard.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the International Tax Department?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Applied through my school's job website. Networking dinner/event the night before on campus interviews. Invited to Super day two weeks later. Super day was 3 1-on-1 interviews with a manager, director, and a partner

Interview Questions
    • Basic fit questions. Why PwC? Why you? Only technical was "explain a mortgage backed security like you were talking to a 10 year old"   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Long and needlessly complicated process but they did get through it on their time table. Professional HR personnel but getting the interviews lined up proved to be difficult. They admitted that I was probable overqualified but that did not matter on the pay side of things.

Interview Questions
    • They made an offer, expected no counter offer and wanted an exceptance within a 24 hour period. I told them I had other offers as well and was very open and honest.   Answer Question

I had other and better offers

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

I got the interview by going to my school's career fair and making an impression on the recruiters there. There was a pre-social dinner where you get to meet several of the interviewers as well as other first round interview candidates along with a few other professionals.
    According to my interviewer, PwC is structuring its interview process differently this year and my interviewer read questions off a list that he had on his laptop while taking notes on a sheet of paper that he had next to him. He would give some comments on my answers before proceeding to the next question. I was asked mostly behavioral questions, no real technical questions. I felt that some of the questions asked were related to my resume. ex) I said I worked in a service industry before and he asked me about a time I dealt with a difficult customer.
    Other than that, my interviewer was a nice guy, but not really talkative so I had to do most of the talking, which is just fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Experienced Associate (Assurance) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

I got a call through referral. I had a phone interview which was very simple and conversational. He didn't ask anything unexpected. It was more like a resume walk-through. I received a reject the following day stating I lacked deeper technical skills. Actually, there was not a single question on technical stuff. Behavioral rounds are unpredictable.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

First round - HR phone call screening

Final round - 3 on-site interviews. First, we were given 45 minutes to prepare a presentation for a case we were sent two days ago. After that, there were two behavioral interviews. I was asked a bunch of generic behavioral questions. The interviewer was literally going through a list of "tell me about a time" questions while taking notes on his laptop. Last interview was the case interview where I got to present the slides I prepared at the beginning of the day.

Interview Questions
    • A ton of "tell me about a time" questions... It gets too repetitive after one point.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Had three back-to-back interviews on the Super day, interviewed with one partner, one assurance manager and one HR manager. The partner interview was challenging, got quite a few unexpected technical questions. Be prepared to answer general business/finance questions outside of the internal audit practice. A host will show you around the office building during the interviews, as well as taking you out for lunch when the interviews are over. Overall a positive experience.

Transaction ServicesSummer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Through college's on campus recruiting. First interview was 30 min on campus, then Superday at office of 3 behavioral interviews.

First round interview questions were about leadership and professional experiences. All behavioral.

Interviewer said potential hires would be graded on 5 "criteria" of: business acumen, global acumen, relationships, whole leadership, and technical skills.

Know your experiences in and out, along with your resume. They will ask a lot of questions.

Also had a pre-recruiting dinner to meet Transaction Services team and the Manager that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Last question was on "If i saw a co-worker talking about sensitive information, what would I do?"

Also some technical questions on valuation

View Answer