PwC Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.9

214 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Recruiters are highly responsive and don't leave you hanging unlike some other firms. Had a short conversation with recruiter followed by on-site interviews with four people. Recruiter was wiling to discuss other positions after telling me that I lacked sufficient experience for the position I had interviewed for. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Initial 45 minute interview at a recruiting conference followed up with 4 interviews at the NY office. All were conversational interviews with a mix of background, relevant experience and behavioral type questions.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

All behavioral. They want to get to know you as well as give you a chance to get to know them. Great experience. My only complaint would be that they don't like to consider you for other openings other than what you are applying for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round on campus, then on site superday

Interview Questions
    • Where else are you interviewing? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Manager, Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

One phone interview with Director and Partner and one in-person interview/casual conversation with same Partner.

Reasonable. I had other offers on the table and they increased their offer. They did not match the other offer as they knew I wanted to move to PwC for career reasons.

Advisory Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

The NY office folks were very nice. I emailed a recruiter and obtained a first round of interviews. Next round I did not hear back and was not informed of the next process. The PWC portal indicated my candidacy was in Initial Interest phase. The rest is history.
    I contacted the HR dept again and again and the Products and Services HR recruiter did not respond but indicated interest verbally. Not sure what that means. It was like "yes we are interested" from HR but we aren't calling you yet. It's been months.

Interview Questions
    • It was technical question related to my skillset. Other than that, the questions were straightforward to the role.   Answer Question

Experienced Associate (Assurance) - Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Initially contacted by HR to know about my background, VISA status, expected pay and other HR details. Call lasted for 30 minutes.
    Moved on to the hiring manager, where he asked me in depth questions on one of my term projects - he specifically asked what was my contribution.
    After that, I had 3 back to back interviews with 2 managers and a director. Some technical questions on DBMS like "LIKE" and ROW_NUM.
    Finally the partner round - I lost here.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tough boss scenario.
      2. Explain each of your projects especially where you did data manipulation and analysis.
      3. What did you like and dislike in your previous job?
      No out of blue questions.
        Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2014.

The hiring and interview process was standard. There was an HR screen, a telephone screen with a Manager, and three in-person interviews with Directors. The first in-person interview was the case study. I received the case study two days in advance of the interview, worked on it quite a bit at home, and was happy to have it out of the way. The woman who conducted the case with me was very pleasant and patient. In retrospect, I don't know if I would have spent as much time preparing for the case as I did. I was unhappy with the way the final interview went because the person interviewing me was more concerned about how I got there (and how I landed prior positions) than my experience and what I could bring to the table. The last person asked too many personal questions -- not good, not professional. There was no interview debrief with HR or walkout -- it was pretty strange.

Interview Questions
    • From what I recall of the business case.
      ...Please design a proposal that addresses one or more of the following key questions and areas of focus:
      -What are the challenges and/or opportunities with the current operating model?
      -What framework and approach should be used to improve the operating model?
      -(and two others).
        Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The process included the typical questions: where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about a time you worked in a team, how would your teammates describe you, etc.
    A pretty straight forward process and with a little preparation you should be just fine

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me off guard was "Explain to me what PwC does"   Answer Question
    No negotiation