PwC Interview Questions in New York State

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral Interview with extremely nice group of people. Be personable and make sure PwC is a good fit for you before accepting. There is not a whole lot you can do to prepare other than being confident in your abilities and confident that PwC is a good place with you for a good reason. Beyond that, be comfortable with travellng and open to learning.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really helpful, straighforward and too the point. They ask you questions that they would like to see in individuals they would have to work with. A good thing to think about is the airport test, which is commonly used in these kinds of interviews.

International Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus interview was pretty standard, basic resume questions and why this job? why this city? type stuff. Got a call back to do an office visit 10 days later. Had honestly given up on the job by then. They flew me out to NYC, and put me up in a very nice hotel. The office visit began with an hour long presentation with light breakfast where they basically just tried to sell us on PWC. Interviewed with a few other students from my same school, so we were all together pretty much the whole day outside of the actual interviews.

After the presentation there were 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with Directors. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too tricky though. Then the interviewees had lunch with associates before we were on our way. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict due to cultural differences, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. First, I had a phone interview with the referrals team. This was resume based and behavioral. Three weeks later, I had a phone conversation with the HR person for Risk Assurance. Another week later, I had another phone interview with a manager in my practice.

Another two weeks later I had an office interview. I spoke with a Director followed by a Managing Director. These were half hour behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level. Didn't negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was on-site, I met with a manager, a HR and a partner. Each had half a hour. Questions were all relatively easy.

Tax Core Summer Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and after two days I received an email and a phone call congratulating me on obtaining a phone interview as well as multiple tips for doing well. I sent a thank-you email but didn't receive a response.

The interviewer began by describing the seasonal job in NYC which is 4 months starting from June 23rd to October 15th. Then I was only asked three questions. While I was responding, the interviewer would agree and talk casually with me. I then had time at the end to ask questions.

Ten days after the interview, I got an email and a phone call from Olivia Sinclair congratulating me on being accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you do if you overheard two employees talking about a clients personal information in an inappropriate manner?

2. What if they were just laughing about the client?

1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by invitation to Superday. There were three interviews (one with a partner and two with senior associates). You need to know the PwC framework and they ask questions based on that. I heard back later that night that I had received an offer.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very pleasant, and extremely professional. I applied off seasonal, ergo my interview was with a manager and director. Both individuals were very cordial and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were:
      Why PwC
      Talk to me about any team experiences that you have been a part of.
      Where do you see yourself in the future?

1 Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Recruiter arranged the telephonic interview with Sr. Associate
    3) Face to Face interview with Partner, Director, and Manager
    4) After 1 week offer was extended

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding the s/w product and resume and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

PwC Elevate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneseo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Geneseo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with three recent graduates who told me about their daily work life before the actual interview. I had my interview with a partner in the company, and it was mostly conversational. I only remember being asked two questions with others happening naturally in the conversation. There were no behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and pleasant to talk to. I applied to the NYC Elevate program which was very competitive and didn't end up getting in. They were very friendly and I appreciated that they called to let me know I didn't get. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?
      Tell me about yourself.