PwC Interview Questions in New York State

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Forensics Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I applied thorough university career site. Got a call for interview. Pre-interview recpeiton and buddies were assigned. Interview process was very good and smooth. They made candidates very comfortable so that they give their best during interview. Interview feedback was given within 2 days for selected days and a week after for rejected candidates

Interview Questions
    • Situation based leadership behavioral questions. Be well prepared with stories about your leadership experiences in the past.
      1. Conflict situation?
      2. Feedback scenario?
      3. Have you ever had strong feeling about something and sticked to it?
      4. My previous experience in PwC

Cybersecurity Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

After PwC selects your resume they invited me to an on campus interview. There was a reception the night before the interview. It was fun. You get to meet people from different departments and the managers (your interviewers). Definitely nothing to stress about. No need to prepare serious work related questions, just be yourself and get to know the team. The on campus interview was conversational. They test you a little bit on what you know about the industry. As long as you know the big picture you should be fine. Few days after they notify you if you make it to the final round at the site. Agenda at the site include 45 min prep time for case interview, one hour jeopardy (where you will learn more about the firm, they are not testing you and it's not part of the decision process), two behavioral interviews and one case interview. Behavioral interviews did not have "tell me about a time.. " type questions, only resume related stuff. The case was fun. They try to throw you off a little bit, but prepared some stuff to talk about it should be fine. Most enjoyable onsite interview so far!

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

30 minute behavioral interview on campus, heard back 2 days later and then final round interview at office in NYC. Three 30 minute interviews, one written case and two behavioral interviews. The case and one behavioral were with director level employees and one was with a partner. Make sure to understand the PwC professional system they are pushing.

Interview Questions
    • How do you follow whats going on in the world? Why Consulting? Why PwC?   View Answer

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Night before dinner, very nice and laid-back. We asked our interviewer questions about her line of work in the beginning, but towards the end it was a little more fun oriented and personal. We got to know each other a little better before the actual interview.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

I met PwC at a career fair on campus. I spoke briefly with the recruiter and was offered an on campus interview. I had to fill out the application online and submit my transcript. The first round of interview was mostly behavioral. The HR person was there before the interview to answer any questions and inform me about the culture of PwC. I interviewed with a Partner and he wanted to know more about me and my thought process. I heard back within two days and was invited to attend second round interviews at the New York office. PwC paid for all traveling expenses. The second round interviews started with an introduction. Following that, you were able to prepare for your case interview. There were three interviews in total, two behavioral and one case study. I was able to interview with a Partner and Senior Directors. The overall experience was amazing and fairly easy if you were prepared and very interested in PwC. I received a call within two days of the interview from the Partner with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a tight deadline.

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a global/international experience.

Cyber Security Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

First I had the standard behavioral phone call, a week later I was invited to their office in NY. They flew me in and I stayed at a nice hotel. I had 30 minute behavioral interviews and 1 30 minute case study they had given me 48 hours beforehand. The hosts and interviewers were all very nice and easy-going, I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What are your experiences with different cultures and what have you learned from them?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Applied through OCR and got a first round interview on campus. All normal behavioral questions, like why consulting, why do you think you'd make a good consultant, and questions about leadership and how you handle conflicts. That was on a Friday, and I got notified of final round interviews the Monday right after.

Final round interviews consisted of 3 parts: 2 behavioral and 1 case. They sent out the case 2 days before the interview, but with no questions. At the beginning of the day, we were given 45 mins to write up answers to the case questions given then in the form of hard copy powerpoint slides. Then we were taken by our hosts (nice touch I think) and brought to each interview. It varies which interview you get first. My behavioral interviews were a bit the same, although one of them asked tough/ambiguous questions where I didn't know where he was going. The person who interviewed me for the case pretended to be the client the whole time and didn't react. After the 3 interviews, we had a Jeopardy game in lieu of the regular getting to know the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why risk consulting?
      What was a situation where you had to deal with a difficult member and how did you handle it?

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

I had applied online and got a call from a recruiter within a few days and scheduled an in person interview. First interviewed with the director, then the partner, and then the manager. The recruiter always kept in touch and responded to my emails promptly. Was offered the position within a couple hours after the interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. However, I never felt discouraged from doing so. I just didn't feel it was necessary.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Internal referral. First round got a call from HR to go through my resume, easy. Talked to three partners over the phone. Didn't make it to the on site interview.

Transaction Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Very relaxed environment. Interview tries to make you feel comfortable to get to know you better in a non pressure environment. Interviewed with the partner of the group I would be working while on college campus.