PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a referral. I was contacted by HR-initial phone screen, phone interview with a Director level, then in-person interview with 3 personnel (Principal, Managing Director, Manager). Questions were mostly behavioral and technical, I thought I answered them well and showed great enthusiasm and knowledge of the firm and its operations. I asked a lot of thought-provoking questions. During second phone interview, they wanted something more specific and targeted within my background and skill-set as the 2nd interviewer was iffy on proceeding with me or not to the next round. Had great dialogue with the in-person interviewers as well & I was a seasoned consulting former employee at one of their prime competitors. Pretty shocked they decided not to pursue my candidacy.

Interview Question – Dig deeper into a specific work situation or issue- how would you go about doing that differently? What was the most challenging part of a specific assignment or role?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your aptitude, work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straightforward. Pass it, and then you get to meet interview with the branch manager.

Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a signing bonus.

Tax Interview

Tax
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – very difficult intern in NY as opposed to other offices. This office was very cut throat. I was asked extremely difficult questions about previous internships and the companies I worked for. These were questions that someone at a manager level would know the answers to.

Interview Question – what were the revenues, assets and liabilities for a previous internship?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didnt like the office

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Computer Forensics Entry Level Associate Position Interview

Computer Forensics Entry Level Associate Position
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The hiring manager who visited the college did not conduct the interview as told to us during the college visit. More so the hiring manager was no where to be seen when students visited the company for second interview as part of the lengthy 7 part interview process. The interviewer also did not seem to like the office culture when asked how much politics do entry levels have to face.

Interview Question – Being a technical field and a technical position, the interviewer seemed to know how my college life was rather than trying to ask technical question regarding the job. I was asked just one technical question in the whole interview.   Answer Question

Elevate Program Interview

Elevate Program
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of interviews, first on campus and then at a PwC office. The on campus interviews consisted of two 30 minute interviews, both behavioral and extremely conversational. Make sure to bring your resume, but don't be too stressed about this one. The interview at the office consisted of two behavioral interviews and one case study. The case study was a little nerve wracking since it was my first time doing one but the interviewer is helpful and asks questions along the way. The behavioral interviews are also very laid back and conversational.

Interview Question – The business case was difficult in that I had no industry knowledge and was expected to make a presentation out of it. However they seem to be looking more for whether or not you can articulate your thoughts and give a well structured presentation rather than how good of a solution you can think of.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred into the Company. Individuals I met with were very intelligent and asked both technical and non technical questions. Should know your resume inside out before the interview

Can tell from the interview process that on the job I will also be challenged to thnk outside the box. All interviewers were very sharp and knew their business focus well.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Advisory Consulting Manager Interview

Advisory Consulting Manager
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details – The NY office folks were very nice. I emailed a recruiter and obtained a first round of interviews. Next round I did not hear back and was not informed of the next process. The PWC portal indicated my candidacy was in Initial Interest phase. The rest is history.
I contacted the HR dept again and again and the Products and Services HR recruiter did not respond but indicated interest verbally. Not sure what that means. It was like "yes we are interested" from HR but we aren't calling you yet. It's been months.

Interview Question – It was technical question related to my skillset. Other than that, the questions were straightforward to the role.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 bevahioral interviews, all done in one day on site at the new york office. All only 30 minutes. Spent lunch and small breakfast with other interviewees and random associates before and after interviews.

Interview Question – "Tell me something impressive about yourself that isn't on your resume"   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial 45 minute interview at a recruiting conference followed up with 4 interviews at the NY office. All were conversational interviews with a mix of background, relevant experience and behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Experienced Associate - Advisory
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected via the Campus Recruiting route. Had a telephonic screening, background check, 1-1 interview, panel session and a lunch round. Got an offer within 2 days of my panel session. After a few rounds of negotiation, I accepted. The whole process took less than a month.

Interview Question – How many balloons will fill up this room?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotiate sign-on bonus only

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!