PwC Risk Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC (Albany, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Night before dinner, very nice and laid-back. We asked our interviewer questions about her line of work in the beginning, but towards the end it was a little more fun oriented and personal. We got to know each other a little better before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweden, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Sweden, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

I genuinely connected with the people I met during my interviews, which I think is key for getting an offer from PwC. I felt as if they really wanted to get to know me and what 'makes me tick', rather than try to test or interrogate me. With well over a hundred applicants for a couple of positions, there are a lot of highly qualified people to compete with, so your personality, passions, and experience need to fit the firm and the interviewers; which you can only find out by meeting them!
    1. Ordinary resume + cover letter application.
    2. Online tests: 2 x personality, 1 x math/statistics, 1 x reading.
    3. Interview with lower-level staff members.
    4. Interview with medium-level staff member and HR (discussing the test results).
    5. Interview with higher-level staff members.
    The process took less than two months.

Interview Questions

• Very ordinary interview questions, focused on your personality and past experiences, as well as 'why PwC' and so on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed offer. The initial compensation is nothing special; at least for me, it's all about the endless possibilities to learn, grow and relatively quickly move through the ranks.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very easy. They just want to get to know your personality as you'll be spending long hours with them. Interviewed with three (3) people in total. Got an answer the next week.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process:
    -Submitted resume and cover letter through campus recruiting system
    -Invited for on campus interview about 2 weeks later

ON CAMPUS INTERVIEW:
    -45 minute session with a Manager
    -Relatively casual, some behavioral questions, some chit-chat
    ("Tell me about yourself", "Tell me about a time when you were leading a team that had low morale and how you handled it")

-About a week later, received an email inviting me to the office visit (final round of interviews). They provided 2 date options, which were 2 and 4 weeks from the date I received the email, respectively (both were a Thursday evening and all day Friday)

OFFICE VISIT / FINAL ROUND of INTERVIEWS:
    -Thursday night is dinner at a restaurant near the office. We sat at round tables of 6 people grouped by function (Audit, Tax, Risk Assurance). 3 candidates and 3 PwC people - one partner, one manager, and one senior staff - per table. The dinner is purely conversational and getting to know personalities (both PwC getting to know your personality, and you getting to know PwC)
    -Friday day is an all-day event (8 am to 3 pm)
    -When you arrive in the office Friday, you are greeted by a host, who is a current staff / the same position you will be hired into. This person will walk you around the office and to your interviews. They will also take you to lunch. This is a great opportunity to get to better know the people you will potentially be working with.
    -The host takes you to an area where you will have breakfast and chat (all candidates and their hosts are just in a big conference room chatting)
    -Then after about 30 minutes, a panel starts where a PwC partner, managers, and staff (we had 4 people total) answer questions about PwC and their experience in general
    -Interviews begin after the panel
    -3 Interviews total: 2 with managers, 1 with a partner
    -Interviews were very conversational where they are just trying to get to know you. Had a few behavioral questions, but nothing too crazy. Interviews were 45 minutes each.
    -After interviews, you went to lunch with your host. Lunch is solely candidates and hosts, all of whom are current staff (so no managers, no partners). This is much more of a "getting to know you" exercise
    -Apparently the managers / partners meet directly following interviews (while candidates are at lunch) to evaluate
    -After lunch, there is an office tour where you are shown the entire office and learn about PwC benefits, etc.
    -Finally, there is a "Why PwC" session, where 2 partners share their thoughts on why candidates should choose PwC
    -We were told we would hear back in 2 weeks

When I wrote my thank you notes that afternoon, I received a response from the partner informing me she would be calling me the next day.
    Saturday morning (the next day), I received a call from the partner informing me they would like to extend me an offer.

A few days later, I received an email with the formal offer.

Overall, I really enjoyed the interview process. The focus on conversation (as opposed to strict evaluation) was refreshing and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• I received one question that seemed out of the blue and difficult to answer: "Tell me about a time, outside of your school experience and current company, where you had to quickly and fully understand a business / industry in order to accomplish a task or goal"

I understand where the interviewer was going with this (in this type of consulting-based role and environment, to be successful you must be able to go into various client situations in which you may not understand the industry or business, study-up, and figure it out in order to ensure a successful project). But as a campus recruit, I did not have a lot of experience outside of school or my current work experience to answer the question.

1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little negotiation with campus recruiting.
    I, however, am a Master's student with 2.5 years of relevant work experience. I informed the partner that I was concerned with starting salary, and PwC decided to instead bring me on as an experienced hire. There was more room for negotiation here, but PwC and similar firms have strict salary bands for certain roles.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

Apply through campus recruiting and heard back in one week. Had a pre interview social night and met interviewer before the interview. The first interview was with the supervisor of the team.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Campus interview and onsite interviews are all behavioral based and are all 1:1.
    Many questions are on leadership and teamwork experiences.
    Know yourself and know the position and PwC. Find enough reasons to convince yourself and interviewers why you fit in the position. There could be very detailed questions.
    Ask good questions to show you know the position and PwC.

Interview Questions

• There could be very detailed questions on your experiences.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

2 interviews. The interview was more of a get to know you phase. I interviewed with 4 people total. There were no technical questions. I visited the office to see what it was like. I enjoyed the people who walked me through the office. Associates also took me out to lunch to get to know them more.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

had a phone interview first, and then sent to office visit a week later. The most questions were behaviroral questions. Just make sure you have enough examples to talk to.

Interview Questions

• how to you deal with the people who are hard to communicate with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first invited to an on campus interview. After about a week, I was invited to an office visit. Office visit involves pre-interview dinner and a half day interview with lunch. The final round interview consists of three back-back-back interviews with two directors and a partner. Two directors both asked behavioral questions and the partner was just conversational interview.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions focus on the PwC framework which consists of Whole Leadership, Relationship, Technical, Business and Global Acumen.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview led to in-office follow up. Phone interview was all behavioral questions. In office was mostly behavioral questions with 2 different directors which lasted about 30 minutes each. Questions were basic and the interview was fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a conflict.
      Why should we hire you.
      Why PwC?

Answer Question

Negotiation

None