PwC Risk Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.8

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied on the career website of my school then got selected to do a campus interview. After that, i was selected for another round of interviews which is called the Superday, after that they notified me I got the offer

Interview Questions

• give an example where you able to work under pressure? tell me about yourself? why PwC? Why you chose Risk Assurance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through a company referral. First round was a phone interview with a manager. Second round was three separate 30 minute interviews with a senior associate, director, and partner. All questions were behavioral. Very friendly environment. Just be prepared to talk a lot and have a lot of good examples to draw back on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a school project or work assignment in which you had to use your accounting skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. I had 5 great interviewers that were very easy to talk to. They were personable and made me feel at home. The office tour was exciting because I got a chance to see what PwC looked like and again I met great people. I would definitely recommend PwC to anyone I know.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to complete a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Received an interview for the experienced position Did really well, but since I was a college graduate, my resume was then forwarded for an inexperienced role. Did really well, however the interviewer was inexperienced and lacked communication skills. Needless to say it was a poor interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. First, I had a phone interview with the referrals team. This was resume based and behavioral. Three weeks later, I had a phone conversation with the HR person for Risk Assurance. Another week later, I had another phone interview with a manager in my practice. Another two weeks later I had an office interview. I spoke with a Director followed by a Managing Director. These were half hour behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level. Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university career services. First round was an on campus interview. The night before you will be invited to a pre-interview social. YOU MUST GO TO THIS! It is crucial to be at this because you get a casual environment to interact with the people you will be interviewing with. You may get a chance to get past the first round just during this time. Make sure to ask the person in HR who sets this up where the people who you are interviewing with are or at least the people in the same practice you are interviewing for. If they like you in a social setting there is a good chance they will like working with you, which is what you really want. Make it light hearted and fun at the social and you will have a good time catching up the next day during the interview. About 10 days later I got the call that they want me to attend an office visit in Houston. Now this was actually a long time to hear back, but they explained they were dealing with some administrative stuff about where to send people. So basically if it has been two weeks after your interview and you still haven't heard back then you probably didn't get it unfortunately. I set up my flight and registered for the office visit. There are suggestions on appropriate dress for the event. There will be time to interact with associates and other in the practice the night before the actual office visit. Don't take this lightly YOU ARE BEING INTERVIEWED DURING THIS! You are being interviewed during every part of this office visit. If you are around or talking with someone at PwC you are being evaluated. You will get paired with a "buddy" and they will guide you through the whole process. This is very nice because they can give you valuable inside tips and advise on the interview, what the work is like, etc. Make sure you are fun, friendly and someone they would want to work with because they will be working with who they hire. Don't eat anything too messy, have dinner manners, and don't be scared to order a drink if they do. Imitate your buddy, if they get a drink you can get one, if not maybe don't, but make sure you don't have a lot of alcohol. Also the dress code for this whole event is stated in the email they send but I would recommend dressing one notch up. I wore business casual to the dinner even though it said casual and I wore a full suite to the office visit even though it said business casual. You don't want to be under dressed and you will be with associates and partners that will be at least business casual or even in suits as well. Make sure you get as much sleep as possible but also get up plenty early. You don't want to rush the morning of the office visit. They provide breakfast at the hotel most likely. I would eat there as early as possible and then just focus on reading up on your notes (which you should have been working on for days now) getting dressed and ready, and ready to check out of the hotel. Get to the spot you are suppose to meet at least 15 minutes early so you can talk to the PwC rep and make a good impression. At the office visit you will probably have a presentation followed by some order of an office tour, manager interview and partner interview. Partner was more big picture and fit within the firm and manager was pretty laid back, resume related, and some behavioral. Just know what you want to do, why you think PwC would be good for you and them, know your resume and be quick and confident in behavioral responses regardless if the answer is good or not (Thats why its called behavioral questions). Office tour is just your buddy showing you around the office. Another chance to ask him about his work and questions related to how you would fit well with them. Lunch after all this. Make sure you send thank you emails to everyone you interacted with and get as many business cards as possible. They told us we would know within a week if it were yes or no. Office visit was Wednesday for me flew back that night, Thursday morning got the offer through a call fro the partner I interviewed with.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Albany, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Night before dinner, very nice and laid-back. We asked our interviewer questions about her line of work in the beginning, but towards the end it was a little more fun oriented and personal. We got to know each other a little better before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweden, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Sweden, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

I genuinely connected with the people I met during my interviews, which I think is key for getting an offer from PwC. I felt as if they really wanted to get to know me and what 'makes me tick', rather than try to test or interrogate me. With well over a hundred applicants for a couple of positions, there are a lot of highly qualified people to compete with, so your personality, passions, and experience need to fit the firm and the interviewers; which you can only find out by meeting them! 1. Ordinary resume + cover letter application. 2. Online tests: 2 x personality, 1 x math/statistics, 1 x reading. 3. Interview with lower-level staff members. 4. Interview with medium-level staff member and HR (discussing the test results). 5. Interview with higher-level staff members. The process took less than two months.

Interview Questions

• Very ordinary interview questions, focused on your personality and past experiences, as well as 'why PwC' and so on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed offer. The initial compensation is nothing special; at least for me, it's all about the endless possibilities to learn, grow and relatively quickly move through the ranks.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very easy. They just want to get to know your personality as you'll be spending long hours with them. Interviewed with three (3) people in total. Got an answer the next week.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process: -Submitted resume and cover letter through campus recruiting system -Invited for on campus interview about 2 weeks later ON CAMPUS INTERVIEW: -45 minute session with a Manager -Relatively casual, some behavioral questions, some chit-chat ("Tell me about yourself", "Tell me about a time when you were leading a team that had low morale and how you handled it") -About a week later, received an email inviting me to the office visit (final round of interviews). They provided 2 date options, which were 2 and 4 weeks from the date I received the email, respectively (both were a Thursday evening and all day Friday) OFFICE VISIT / FINAL ROUND of INTERVIEWS: -Thursday night is dinner at a restaurant near the office. We sat at round tables of 6 people grouped by function (Audit, Tax, Risk Assurance). 3 candidates and 3 PwC people - one partner, one manager, and one senior staff - per table. The dinner is purely conversational and getting to know personalities (both PwC getting to know your personality, and you getting to know PwC) -Friday day is an all-day event (8 am to 3 pm) -When you arrive in the office Friday, you are greeted by a host, who is a current staff / the same position you will be hired into. This person will walk you around the office and to your interviews. They will also take you to lunch. This is a great opportunity to get to better know the people you will potentially be working with. -The host takes you to an area where you will have breakfast and chat (all candidates and their hosts are just in a big conference room chatting) -Then after about 30 minutes, a panel starts where a PwC partner, managers, and staff (we had 4 people total) answer questions about PwC and their experience in general -Interviews begin after the panel -3 Interviews total: 2 with managers, 1 with a partner -Interviews were very conversational where they are just trying to get to know you. Had a few behavioral questions, but nothing too crazy. Interviews were 45 minutes each. -After interviews, you went to lunch with your host. Lunch is solely candidates and hosts, all of whom are current staff (so no managers, no partners). This is much more of a "getting to know you" exercise -Apparently the managers / partners meet directly following interviews (while candidates are at lunch) to evaluate -After lunch, there is an office tour where you are shown the entire office and learn about PwC benefits, etc. -Finally, there is a "Why PwC" session, where 2 partners share their thoughts on why candidates should choose PwC -We were told we would hear back in 2 weeks When I wrote my thank you notes that afternoon, I received a response from the partner informing me she would be calling me the next day. Saturday morning (the next day), I received a call from the partner informing me they would like to extend me an offer. A few days later, I received an email with the formal offer. Overall, I really enjoyed the interview process. The focus on conversation (as opposed to strict evaluation) was refreshing and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• I received one question that seemed out of the blue and difficult to answer: "Tell me about a time, outside of your school experience and current company, where you had to quickly and fully understand a business / industry in order to accomplish a task or goal" I understand where the interviewer was going with this (in this type of consulting-based role and environment, to be successful you must be able to go into various client situations in which you may not understand the industry or business, study-up, and figure it out in order to ensure a successful project). But as a campus recruit, I did not have a lot of experience outside of school or my current work experience to answer the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little negotiation with campus recruiting. I, however, am a Master's student with 2.5 years of relevant work experience. I informed the partner that I was concerned with starting salary, and PwC decided to instead bring me on as an experienced hire. There was more room for negotiation here, but PwC and similar firms have strict salary bands for certain roles.