PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Assurance Intern ERP Interview

Risk Assurance Intern ERP
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Interview Details – I am in the first year of my MBA program. I was looking for a summer internship position and was referred by an acquaintance in PwC. I got a call from a recruiter from Boston and an interview was fixed. On the day of the interview I was called and the interview lasted only for 2 minutes because the recruiter thought I was graduating in 2014 and wanted to interview me for a full time position. However she said that I am a good fit for the company and with my 9 years of experience I can be an asset. She said that she would forward my resume to the campus recruiting team. I never expected another call from them after that. However in a couple of weeks I got an email from another recruiter asking for my preferred interview location. I was then contacted by another recruiter (third in the whole process) who fixed my interviews. The first one was a telephonic interview taken by a manager from Texas. After the interview he told me that he was going to recommend me, so I already knew I was going to the next round. The personal interview was in New York and I was interviewed by a Managing Director and a Manager. I reached NYC a day earlier and was put up in a hotel hardly 5 mins 10 mins from PwC office at Madison avenue. The first interview was with the managing director. I had practiced my answers well but after the " tell me about yourself" question it was just a conversation and spontaneous, something you cannot prepare for. Overall it was great and I knew I had impressed him. I had asked good questions and he appreciated.
The next one was the manager who pretty much had hand written notes at the back of my resume. It was just a conversation and he explained me how they would use me once I am there ( another hint I was coming aboard). He and I had one thing in common that both of us had our first babies just 2 weeks before the interview and we laughed how difficult it is to stay up all night.
After the interview I almost knew there was going to be a positive response. On my way back home to Connecticut I got the call from the recruiter that I was being offered the internship position and that they would also like to offer me full time position.

I have a feeling that with my 9 years of ERP consulting experience they had already decided to hire me even before the interview and just wanted to check if I was good enough to handle clients independently during the personal interview.

It is important to be confident and be yourself for these personal interviews. Preparing examples of situations for behavioral questions is good but these interviews often take their own shape and you have to be spontaneous to answer questions and respond to interesting conversations.

Interview Question – With your experience how would you feel to work with interns who are recent college graduates? example of Team Management   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Risk Assurance Intern ERP interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.