PwC

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus with a Manager. Was just a conversation, with peppered questions about my resume.
Superday was intense. 3 back to back 1:1 interviews, all with completely different styles. A manager, director then partner. My host, the one walking me around the offices, took me to lunch, but had a budget.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you worked in a team, where you clashed personally with another team member. How did you make it through the task keeping your composure?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was originally recruited during on-campus career fair. Continuously engaged in recruitment activities until attending PwC Elevate program experience. During this two day interview process, engaged in service with PwC, office tour, tour of market, and sporting event. Also participated in three interviews with multiple individuals throughout the office. Very professional and engaging.

Interview Question – Why did you choose X academic path over Y?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate an extension on my deadline to accept/decline decision.

Risk Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of interviews- on campus interviews and in house interviews. The on campus interview was more of understanding my background and prior experience. They asked many questions about my involvement in school. The in house interview was less technical and more conversational. They do ask you if you have any questions, so make sure to have questions prepared.

Interview Question – I was asked to answer 10 question in 5 minutes. The interviewer cut me off half way through my answers and asked another question. They wanted me to think on my toes and not get rattled by my surroundings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. There is a standard offer for all interns.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were two round of interviews, the first round is on campus and the second is location interview

Interview Question – In the second round, the interviewer did not really ask me questions, he asked me to ask him questions all the time.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – A lot of follow-ups after campus interview, and the recruiter was really friendly. However, ended up not being offered with a follow-up call after office visit for being "a little bit nervous"

Interview Question – What do you think is in you that stand out from others   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met the PwC recruiting team at my campus career fair. I spoke with a few of the recruiters on site, and in particular an associate in Risk Assurance, since that was the field I was interested in pursuing. Within that week, I was requested to interview with them on campus. Before the interview, I received an invitation to a dinner social, which was a lot of fun. We actually cooked the dinner ourselves, and it was a great way to meet many associates and managers. The next day, I interviewed with the recruiter I had already met in Risk Assurance. The interview was fairly casual and only basic behavioral questions were asked. He actually went more in depth in telling me about the services offered by PwC, which was interesting. Shortly after that, I got invited to an office visit/interview in Miami. They flew me out to the Four Seasons, and I was very impressed. The day of interviews, a presentation was given and an office tour. I interviewed with three different managers that day back to back. The first two went great, whereas the third one may have been the worst interview I have ever done. The manager asked me specific technical questions that I was not prepared to answer, such as about Excel functions and SQL queries. I shook it off though and enjoyed the social afterward at the Four Seasons. After that, I went to dinner with a group of associates and had a great time. I just received an offer to intern last week in their Tampa office!

Interview Question – I do not remember it verbatim, but it was regarding using an Excel function to filter data.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have actually not accepted yet. There was no response for just receiving an offer. I am still deciding where I'd like to go

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Campus interviews - fly in for office interviews (3 more) - finally a phone interview with a partner

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Found the internship opportunity through our campus recruiting program in the business school. Submitted a resume, went to various recruiting dinners/networking events, and had a first round interview on campus. Second round interviews were during a day-long office visit that consisted of 3 thirty-minute interviews with managers and the partner of the group. We were notified of the internship offer within a few days.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked on a project team with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome of the project?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview for Big Four undergrad-level internships. The first one is at your school. The second one is in the office that you want to intern at - and this is usually a 7-hour ordeal. Before the second interview, you must go to a pre-interview dinner also.

I would say PwC is very proud of it's #1 position in the market (in terms of revenue and how many of the Fortune 500 companies they audit).

The HR/recruiting department is frustrating to work with (at least for SF's PwC). They don't answer your emails. For the SF office, the best recruiting is definitely Ernst & Young.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – it's only internship - no negotiating.

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my schools career center. I was invited to one on campus interview. The next day, I was told I was invited to interview at a superday later that month. The superday was at PwC's Florham Park Office (the office I was interviewing for) and it consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Later that day, I received a phone call from a partner telling me that I had received an offer for the internship.

Interview Question – No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected. Very straightforward and mostly behavioral questions. Many of the questions revolved around leadership and teamwork.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Risk Assurance Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.