PwC

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Campus interviews - fly in for office interviews (3 more) - finally a phone interview with a partner

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – First I had an on campus interview. I was very nervous but the interviewer was very relaxed and asked very easy questions. The on-site interview was a little more tough as I had to interview with 3 directors and 1 partner. However, they were all very nice and asked simple and easy to answer questions.

Interview Question – What do you like about PwC   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – The process was very easy. Interview on campus and then a super day in NYC. Three interviews back to back. Mostly fit questions. Why PWC? Why risk assurance? Why NYC?

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus with a Manager. Was just a conversation, with peppered questions about my resume.
Superday was intense. 3 back to back 1:1 interviews, all with completely different styles. A manager, director then partner. My host, the one walking me around the offices, took me to lunch, but had a budget.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you worked in a team, where you clashed personally with another team member. How did you make it through the task keeping your composure?   Answer Question

Intern Risk Assurance Interview

Intern Risk Assurance
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – I started out by talking with the campus recruiter and attending a career fair. They called me the following day and said they were impressed with me. A few days later I got invited to a mixer on campus and an interview the following day. I talked with several people in the risk assurance department and both a manager and a partner. The following day the partner interviewed me however it was mostly just conversational, not traditional questioning. Later that day I got called to set up a second round interview/office visit at their office in Detroit. A week later I went there, had a great experience while they wined and dined us with a great tour of the city, its restaurants and an amazing hotel. The following day I interview with two partners, a manger and a panel of associates. The office visit ended with a lunch and guided tour of Ford Field. This process ended on a Friday and on the following Monday they called me and extended me an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to persuade someone to do something, in writing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called and emailed me very often and always made me feel comfortable and like they cared. They always worked with me and made sure I had any information I needed to make my decision.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Found the internship opportunity through our campus recruiting program in the business school. Submitted a resume, went to various recruiting dinners/networking events, and had a first round interview on campus. Second round interviews were during a day-long office visit that consisted of 3 thirty-minute interviews with managers and the partner of the group. We were notified of the internship offer within a few days.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked on a project team with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome of the project?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview for Big Four undergrad-level internships. The first one is at your school. The second one is in the office that you want to intern at - and this is usually a 7-hour ordeal. Before the second interview, you must go to a pre-interview dinner also.

I would say PwC is very proud of it's #1 position in the market (in terms of revenue and how many of the Fortune 500 companies they audit).

The HR/recruiting department is frustrating to work with (at least for SF's PwC). They don't answer your emails. For the SF office, the best recruiting is definitely Ernst & Young.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – it's only internship - no negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a 1:1 on campus interview. Was extrememly casual and wanted to know about my life. Ended up getting invited to the office visit where I sat down 1:1 with three different people. A manager, director, and partner. Each of these were very easy once again, without a signle behavioral or technical question asked. Very friendly people just trying to get a feel for your personality and if you fit their culture.

Interview Question – Tell me about your resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't think there's much you can do here. It's an internship afterall.