PwC

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR recruiter at campus career day. Got invited to an on campus interview with a pre-night reception the night before. Interviewed with a manager and then got invited to an office interview with another pre-night event. Took all candidates to lunch on the day of the office visit. Interviewed with two senior managers back-to-back, and received the offer the same night. I really felt like I fit in well during the office visit. Before actually meeting the staff in the office, I never really understood the whole "our people are what makes us great" thing, but all the staff that I interacted with during the process were very insightful and seemed to truly enjoy working at PwC.

Interview Question – No difficult technical or behavioral questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to HR by a partner from another office in the same market and was told to fill out a formal application online. After that, there was a phone interview with a RA manager. He asked about my background and why I was interested in the position. It felt like an informational interview about what RA is and what the internship would be like.

They got back to me about two weeks later and asked if I could come for an in-office visit. I'm not from the area so they flew me down to LA in the morning with a flight booked right after the office visit. The in-office visit was a really nice experience and they assign you to a host buddy who will take you to lunch (we walked to a nearby restaurant with the two other candidates and their host buddies) and then bring you to all your interviews. The host buddy also gets to give their opinion of you to HR so don't immediately rule the lunch out as just lunch -- you're basically being interviewed the moment you walk through the door.

The three back-to-back interviews were mostly conversational and behavioral with two managers and one partner. The managers focused more on the behavioral side. The partner asked me only one question (which the other two also asked): what do you know about risk assurance? The rest of the 30 minute interview was set aside for questions, which brings me to my next point: have a lot of questions ready.

From the moment you shake your buddy's hand, through the opening and closing presentations by your recruiter, while waiting for your food at the restaurant, and especially in all the interviews, make sure you keep asking questions. It shows your interest, even if you think you already know a lot or you think you're basically getting information repeated again and again. They're really nice people and they definitely make you feel welcomed throughout the day, to the point where you get really optimistic about the position (or at least I did).

There's a short closing at the end. The recruiter told us there were nine in the RA internship class but I knew there was only one position open. I heard back about a week and a half later with no offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done a project that required you to work with a set of instructions? How did you do it and what was the result?   View Answer
  • Is there a topic or subject you had trouble with or wanted to learn more about? How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Found the opportunity through a partner from a campus presentation. After formally applying online there was a phone interview with a Assurance manager. 30 minutes phone interview, not much direct questions and mostly conversations. The interviewer will still want to know certain things, such as why this position, what you want to accomplish, why do you fit, etc.

Received e-mail confirming office visit 2 weeks later. 1 more week until actual visit. Visit began at 11:00. Short introductory presentation. Went to lunch with buddies. Came back for 3 1:1 30 minute interviews. Throughout the entire day, the buddies, the hosts, etc. they will ask you if you have questions. Be sure to ask questions even if you know that subject already. The interviewers will leave you a lot of time for questions in the end, and be sure to use up all that time asking questions. For my interview, they didn't directly ask me "Why this position" or "Why should we hire you," and questions as such. I went home thinking that I failed to get that point across, but it's part of the questioning process which I didn't make good use of.

Other than that, the interview questions are all behavioral. Nice and friendly people so they're easy to have small talks with.

Interview Question – How do you expand your network?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Risk Assurance Internship interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.