PwC

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus-interview, office visit

Interview Question – Grilled me on my GPA at one point   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – Most general questions. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Tell about your teamwork experience 3. How do you think about a flexible working environment.

Interview Question – No unexpected question at all.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was an on campus interview. The lady was very nice but the greeters were arrogant. The interview went well (at least I thought so) but I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What school project did I find the most difficult and why?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – I first appplied to the posting through the career services website on campus, through which I was notified of a first round interview. All of the candidates were taken out for a pre-interview welcome dinner the day before the interview where we chatted with current associates of the firm in a very informal manner. I then interviewed the next day, and was contacted by HR personnel about 4-6 days later notifying me that I was selected for a second and final round interview. The final round interview, or "Superday" was set for about 2 weeks from that date. There we had a short overview of the company, then a panel discussion with current senior associates, and then 3 back-to-back 1:1 interviews with a manager, director, and partner. I received a phone call from a partner the same day informing me that I had been given an offer.

The interviews were very relaxed and easy-going. The interviewers basically went down my resume and asked various behavioral questions based upon the information presented on the resume. They also asked why I was interested in joining PwC (as opposed to the other Big 3 and other firms), and what I thought the practice that I interviewed for actuall entailed. Overall it was pretty basic stuff.

Be sure to relax, be yourself, smile, and speak confidently.

Interview Questions

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – My classmate who already got the internship referred me to a director, and the director referred me for this job. The interviewer did not even ask me to introduce myself. And he only asked a question from my resume. After 5 minutes' casual talk, he said I can start ask him questions. This was my first corporate interview, even though I did get the offer, I still feel the people are very nice and helpful! And I really appreciated that opportunity!

Interview Question – What is the scholarship about (one honor I listed on my resume)?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – I go to one of their target school, applied to their System Process Assurance (not merged with internal audit as Risk Assurance).

Everything was very standard, applied through the school's system, got invited to a couple of pre-interview meet & greet sessions, first round (was interviewed by a partner from another office). Waited 2 weeks to hear back, got into second round, which is an office visit.

The office visit wasn't well set up as the other big three. (There was no one to greet you at the hotel, no information package, no breakfast) But other than these minor details, everything else was standard. Stayed at Ritz-Carlton for a night, and was taken out to a nice restuarant. The dinner was part of the interview process, they want to assess how you interact in a casual yet professional manners, and see if you can hold a conversation. The next morning was the office visit and 3 interviews with managers, directors or partners.

All the interviews were behavioral in nature. Because I had a summer intership experience in a relevant industry, I feel that they were pretty confident in my capability, so they didn't really ask me any tough questions. The 4 interviews (including the first round) were all like conversation, we shared our backgrounds, discusses a little bit about the cloud computing trends, even movies and classes I'm taking in college. I know my case may not be typical, but i really like the experience, despite the office visit wasn't set up as nicely as the other big 3 in terms of minor details.

I'm still deciding if I should take the offer, the relatively low starting pay is a concern.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the other competing offers.   View Answer
  • This may not be a question. But I had a long conversation (about 15 mins) with a director, we talked about the SAS 70, SOX and other regulations, and debated a little bit about their purposes. I really like the intellectual conversation, and I feel the director felt the same way, and they might have differentiated me from other applicants.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for a first round, on-campus interview with PwC where I met with the Director of the Risk Assurance group. It was a relatively laid back process. He asked me what I was interested in, gave me some background on himself and the group and asked me why risk assurance. Basically it was more of a conversation. He did look at his behavioral question sheet, but said I pretty much answered all of it. He did emphasize that I give an experience where I had to adapt quickly. I was called within four days and offered the opportunity for an office visit interview. The firm will put us up in a hotel, take us to dinner and then interview us the next day. It seems like the kind of situation where if I don't make a complete ass out of myself, I have a good chance of being able to accept an internship position.

Interview Question – Why risk assurance?   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The AC was quite easy but you have to get involved in the group discussion. Also you have to resit the numerical and logical reasoning test but they were quite easy.

Interview Question – Group discussion   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – basic competency based questions, just prepare according to their competencies list on the website. They also ask quite specific follow up questions to make sure that you're not just making something up. lasted fro 50mins - 1hr, quite intense I'd say.

Interview Question – a time when you have to change your working styles   Answer Question

Risk Assurance

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Telephone interview lasted around 20 minutes- very friendly and conversational. Make sure you are enthusiastic about role. Assessment centre conists of group exercise, SHL tests and written report.

Interview Question – Choose a company and recommend PwC services   Answer Question