PwC

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus after having been selected from a resume drop and meeting a few folks from the Chi office. Rd one on campus had 2 back to back 1:1 interviews. One was a case and one was behavioral.

Final round was at Chicago with a whole panel including the office director. Three 1:1 interviews, mostly experience, and a 45 min case which we had to prepare and present to the Chicago office Director and Partner on a chart paper

Interview Question – How can client reduce indirect purchasing costs....   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the first call came within 24 hours. We fixed a date for the interview. The interview was with the manager of the team, and it was quite easy with very few truely technical questions. However after this there was also a Partner interview scheduled which took place after more than 3 weeks. Though that interview was equally simple, there was a substantial wait period after that...over 4 months...during which the position was put on hold and then again opened and then there were negotiations. The wait was extremely annoying especially because there was no clear communication about my candidature from PwC. Very unprofessionally dealt with.

Interview Question – How do you analyze a company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation....what I sincerely disliked was that I was lied to by the HR personnel. When I asked about reimbursement of relocation expenses, I was told PwC doesn't provide the same to any of its new employees. Quite a bare faced lie as I was to learn in a few days...should have prepared me for the horrendous journey that PwC Calcutta was.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Interview Details – Technical and HR rounds

Interview Question – The area which I never worked   View Answer

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Found on Headhunter, submitted resume, next day passed tests & interview with HR. On the next day interview with 4 managers and received offer the same night. Tests were typical SHL: verbal, numerical, accounting and english. Minimal required pass rate was about 50 english, 40 accounting, 80 numerical\verbal. Test are very easy, but time is limited

Negotiation Details – On lower positions most likely you will not be able to negotiate - the salary levels are pre-designed, so all you can do is just try to select a step on the corporate ladder, i.e second year senior consultant.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – - Submit an application
- Telephone interview
- Online assessments
- Group Discussions, Assessment, Personal interview

Interview Question – Narrate a situation when you have demonstrated leadership/ management/ negotiation abilities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for graduate offers

Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews with case studies (example: how many letters are posted in Spain, why a company would choose to have two headquarters instead of one? )

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Straight forward process not much delays.
Senior level interviews are puzzling. They get cranky on a slight slip from your end and they go for “next”.

Interview Question – thinks which you have not worked on   Answer Question

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Initial application via website
First interview with Director
Second Interview with two Senior Managers
Offer made within 3 days of second interview
All interviewers were professional, friendly, more conversational than formal

Interview Question – Describe how you would approach your task with your current employer if you were an external consultant   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. Very long process.

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2009.

Interview Details – You have to pass a 4 module test - Audit, Accounting, Taxation, Verbal skills

Interview Question – nothing out of the world   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't negotiable. At the entry level everyone gets the same package