PwC SPA Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Miami, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was given an interview opportunity right after a career fair. I was contacted by HR for an interview that took place on campus. The first Interview is easy, just smile a lot. The second Interview is a little more intense; for those who are MIS majors, make sure to mention something about the SDLC process. Unfortunately I was not informed of this, till after I followed up with PWC. Also, the night before they usually take you out to eat. Make sure to be outgoing and ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PWC?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

interviewed with a partner, very conversational, 95% of behaviral and resume with 5% technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I dealt directly with PwC's recruiting team. Each member of the recruiting team I spoke with was informative, organized, and accessible. After each interview, the hiring manager provided a summary of the feedback he had received from the individuals I interviewed with. There were several rounds: 1) initial phone screening w/ Hiring Manager 2) phone interview w/ Partner --- invitation for face to face interview at PwC office --- 3) HR Manager for the specific group I would be joining 4) Senior Manager 5) Partner I applied as an experienced hire, so the questions were mostly an explanation of my experience and resume. It was very conversational. No trick questions nor quick fire question after question.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the criticisms you received in your performance review?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Cleveland, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

They started out by taking a group of us out to dinner with the managers.. It was a very informal process.. The next day we came in and were greeted by the head of PWC Cleveland.. The group was split up and I was taken to interview with a group of people (Mostly Younger people in the SPA division) After I was done I was taken into a Senior Partner who had a bunch of questions about auditing and would I be willing to take auditing classes etc .. After that a bunch of John Caroll Grads took us to lunch and we talked about the interview

Number of Hours and Travel

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The interviews were generally very laid-back, as they really just want to see if you're the right fit for the company. They focus primarily on behavioral questions. During first rounds on campus, you will interview with one manager for about 45 minutes. He/she will walk through your resume, and then proceed to ask some more general behavioral questions. In second rounds, you will have 3 interviews: Partner, Senior Manager, and Manager. The Partner is the most laid-back, as the partner who interviewed me did not even look at my resume. The most important thing is to be able to have a fluid conversation with the interviewer. However, some people walk out of the interview room thinking they did great because they had a great conversation, but did not get the offer. So the lesson behind that is to make sure you have a conversation, but also guide the conversation back to yourself. The people at the LA office are great people. Very intelligent, and knows when to work hard and party hard. The culture is typical high-performance culture you see at most PwC offices. The office is also well located.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in November 2008.

Interview

Initial communication was via the campus. After the on campus meeting, the firm reached out to students via a networking event. A career fair subsequently ensued. Resume collection yielded top candidates who were vetted for first round interviews on campus. After on-campus interviews, second- round office visits began, where were able to see the culture. Very reasonable, well thought out interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

As a BAP member, my resume was automatic on top of the pile. Couple days after turn-in my resume, I was called to schedule a phone Interview. The phone interview went for 45 minutes to an hour short. We talked about EVERYTHING from weather to favorite food. Following day, I was invited to the 2nd round. It consists of pre-interview dinner, 3 30 minutes back-to-back 1:1 interviews (senior associate, manager, & Partner). Followed by another high class lunch treat. Don't you ever worry about getting hungry on the 2nd round. FOOD is everywhere. Pre-interview dinner, breakfast, snacks, lunch, and more fruit while waiting for the result. PwC doesn't not go cheap on food. During the 2nd round, entire time a a mentor was assigned to guide me. She was responsible to take me from one interviewer to another. At one point, I felt like I was a living in a dream as a VIP. Rumor has it, big4 values grade/higher education heavily. There were 3 candidates: 2 undergrads and 1 grad. As predicated, myself and the other undergrad were defeated by the grad-student.

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview is a bit tough as there are several managers who have a very good experience and expertise in the field. Also the interview is more driven by the business process rather than ITGC

Interview Questions

• Broad areas of focus under ITGC Business Processes P2P Purchase invoice and goods receipt   1 Answer

SPA Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview

Simple interview not very challenging. For the IT audit and SPA associate position very limited knowledge of IT required. Not recommended for anyone with a technical backgroud looking to remain technical. Excellent work culture and good client interaction skills developed

Negotiation