PwC

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.8

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

The interview process was very straightforward and I was kept informed along the way. Everyone that I met was very intelligent, funny and ambitious, which reflects very well on the company. I would say PwC has some of the best people. They are changing some of their interview practices in order to align more with their company values, such as asking questions regarding technical aptitude, global perspective, etc. but if you are interested in accounting nothing should come as a surprise. I received an offer on the day of my 2nd round interview, but declined because accounting was not my #1 career choice.

Consulting(Cyber Security) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Was given a screening interview and then two days later was extended an invitation to do a final round interview at their main office in the area. Interview started early (around 8am) and lasted until 12- 12:30. At the very beginning we had forty minutes to prepare our case interviews which they provided us with several days in advance. Afterwards all the candidates broke up into groups and we played "PwC Jeopardy" as an ice breaker. Afterwards there are three interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case interview) but one of my behavioral interviews was more of a "how much do you know about...." which was unexpected and a little scary. I interviewed for a consulting internship on the cyber security end so maybe that is why. After the three interviews you are free to go. Case Interview was not as intense as I had thought it would be and so I was very relieved. All of my interviewers were all pretty relaxed and never tried to frighten you. All in all, I enjoyed the process and all of the people I met.

Interview Questions
    Was interviewing for an internship so I was not in a position to negotiate. They pay really well so I would not need to anyway.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

1 interview round on campus for half an hour, all behavioral questions, 3 rounds - 1 case review and 2 behavioral rounds at office site. Entire process was really fast. On campus interview was on Monday and On Site was on the same Friday. The result was declared on Friday itself.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I was first invited to an on campus interview. After about a week, I was invited to an office visit. Office visit involves pre-interview dinner and a half day interview with lunch. The final round interview consists of three back-back-back interviews with two directors and a partner. Two directors both asked behavioral questions and the partner was just conversational interview.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions focus on the PwC framework which consists of Whole Leadership, Relationship, Technical, Business and Global Acumen.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

First round - phone screening with HR. Expected to get second round - on site interview notification within 2 weeks. On site interview is so called "super day" where you are supposed to have 3 interview in a row.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you heard your colleague revealed company's confidential document to the outside?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Applied through school's website in LA and indicated that I wanted to work in San Francisco. After on campus interview, was contacted to schedule an in house and they flew me out shortly after. In house interviews consisted of 3 sessions 30min each. They were not typical easy Big 4 interviews, these were structured. Each interviewer had to ask his own questions that were given to him, so each interview was completely different from the last.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to perform an audit like activity before? How did you go about approaching it and ultimately solving the problem?   Answer Question

Wanted to pursue IBanking opportunities.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I had a video interview with a senior manager. The questions asked were not that difficult though, in retrospect, my answers could have been better worded. The interviewer was very friendly and the atmosphere was relatively comfortable. Overall, the interview felt more casual than expected. However, there was no invitation for an office interview.

Executive Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

The hiring and interview process from my experience was long, thorough, challenging and spontaneous scheduling and confirmation. During the interview, I was relaxed and ready for any questions/concerns. I too presented many good questions in return.

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in April 2014.

The process for summer leadership programs like Elevate begins around the month of February. Generally, applicants submit their resume and cover letter both to their school career center website and to the firm's application website. Most applicants receive an invitation within the next few weeks to attend an on-campus interview with a PwC recruiter; if the firm chooses to, they'll extend an invitation to their second round interview/office visit. The second round usually takes place sometime during April, depending on the location of the applicant's preference. Applicants are generally notified of their application decision approximately two weeks after the second round.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Was introduced to Capital Projects by a partner. From there, the process was pretty rigorous. Be prepared for no less than 4 interviews. I had 6 in total, from HR Manager through Principal. Interviews were great and team seems strong. Biggest concern was HR switched managers during final hiring so salary negotiations became a bit more difficult. In the end got a solid offer though.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you currently make? Don't believe what you read on the internet! It was a relief stating my salary. Why would I want to go through a 4 month hiring process only to find out that the expectations were way off?   Answer Question
    The compensation is good to start: 3 weeks off, shut down during Christmas. Tough to change. I did ask for a sign-on bonus though and got it.