PwC Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Risk Assurance Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen by a recruiter. It lasted around 30 / 40 min. Very classical, questions where tell me about you, why Price and specific questions about my background. I spoke about my experience, asked questions about Price, being a consultant, career and so on. The call went really well but did not worked out, I received an email one week later saying there was no match. I did not really understand why.

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a college portal. I had the first round interview on campus and second round in the SF office. The interview was pretty much conversational , and nothing technical. I had very positive experience with all the interview and events.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took an initiative to make a change   Answer Question

Summer Start Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It started off as campus recruiting. PwC recruiting officers came to my university and gave different "conferences". As a part of the activities, they talked about all the internships the company had to offer to students. I applied for the internship online; it was a very easy application. Attached my resume and my transcripts and got a call for an on campus interview the following week. The on campus interview was short and very easy going. It was more like a conversation, although the recruiter asked some situational questions. After that, I got a call that they were considering me for an offer. They invited me to an office day at the location that I requested for the internship. During the office visit, I met with two employees for interviews- a manager and a partner. The interviews were mostly like the on campus interview. They were easy going and more like a conversation. They asked some situational questions also and they were all very, very nice. After I left the office, I got a call from the main recruiter saying that they were pleased to offer me an internship for the summer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle difficult people while working in a group? How do you stay up to date with what is happening in the world? Explain a moment where you were put into a situation were a person was being unreasonable. How did you handle it? Explain a situation, either at work or at school, where you had to stand up for something that you believed in. Talk about yourself.   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and I was kept informed along the way. Everyone that I met was very intelligent, funny and ambitious, which reflects very well on the company. I would say PwC has some of the best people. They are changing some of their interview practices in order to align more with their company values, such as asking questions regarding technical aptitude, global perspective, etc. but if you are interested in accounting nothing should come as a surprise. I received an offer on the day of my 2nd round interview, but declined because accounting was not my #1 career choice.

Consulting(Cyber Security) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was given a screening interview and then two days later was extended an invitation to do a final round interview at their main office in the area. Interview started early (around 8am) and lasted until 12- 12:30. At the very beginning we had forty minutes to prepare our case interviews which they provided us with several days in advance. Afterwards all the candidates broke up into groups and we played "PwC Jeopardy" as an ice breaker. Afterwards there are three interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case interview) but one of my behavioral interviews was more of a "how much do you know about...." which was unexpected and a little scary. I interviewed for a consulting internship on the cyber security end so maybe that is why. After the three interviews you are free to go. Case Interview was not as intense as I had thought it would be and so I was very relieved. All of my interviewers were all pretty relaxed and never tried to frighten you. All in all, I enjoyed the process and all of the people I met.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was interviewing for an internship so I was not in a position to negotiate. They pay really well so I would not need to anyway.

Advisory Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Most internships just involve three behavioral interviews. For consulting internships, you only have two behavioral interviews but are also required to present a case study in a case interview. For that reason, the interview as a whole was difficult. First off, I had a phone screening one week before the actual interview. I talked to a manager who was stationed in Atlanta at the time, and really hit it off with him in our conversation because we related on a lot of our traits and goals. I was certain that I got to the final round of interviews. And I did. Fast forward to PwC SF. Let's start out with the staff. They are lovely! Such great people that you can easily talk to. Helps you get the jitters down a bit because you realize everyone at PwC is down-to-earth and there to help. My "buddy" for the day shared hobbies with me such as going to music events, so we had lots of things to talk about! You're also provided a scrumptious breakfast. But now let's go on to the nitty gritty interview part. The case interview was crazy hard. You're given a 5 page long case 2 days in advance and are expected to live and breathe it so that in 45 minutes upon coming in on the interview day, you can prepare a hard-copy Powerpoint presentation that answers some given questions. Then soon after, you're whisked off to present it to your case interviewer! During the case interview, you begin presenting, but your interviewer has the freedom to interject at any given moment and ask you to elaborate more on any of your points. This can easily throw you off and make you think on your feet because you may have realized that you made a vague assumption or declaration. Everything you say, your interviewer will have a question or comment about it, but it makes sense because they are acting as your (PwC's) client. Overall, that interview was the most difficult I've been through because no other interview challenges you more to think fast and know your stuff than a case interview. The two behavioral interviews were fairly smooth; my two interviewers were very kind and approachable and really seemed to get socially involved in my stories, which I liked. They genuinely seemed interested in who I was and why I wanted to be there. Like a lot of people say, it was like a good conversation. However, that's not to say some of their questions weren't hard... PwC's goal in interviews is to find a good fit with their culture, so naturally their questions will be more geared towards finding someone easy to work with but ALSO Big 4 material. Good luck... Also ask a bunch of thoughtful questions! Do anything to help yourself stand out. All in all, the people were great but the interviews were definitely Big 4 level. There's a level of professionalism in PwC that you won't find much elsewhere, besides well, more Big 4's. It's intimidating, sure, but you feel much more welcome due to your peers and recruiting staff so kudos to PwC on that. Good experience, wish I got the internship though!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to change the way you presented things based on your audience?   1 Answer

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1 interview round on campus for half an hour, all behavioral questions, 3 rounds - 1 case review and 2 behavioral rounds at office site. Entire process was really fast. On campus interview was on Monday and On Site was on the same Friday. The result was declared on Friday itself.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30minute phone call interview. The interview asks questions about your basic resume asking you to explain experiences. Then it went onto the formal in person interviews which is a process of three one on one interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• What are some apps that you use and why do you use them.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First round - phone screening with HR. Expected to get second round - on site interview notification within 2 weeks. On site interview is so called "super day" where you are supposed to have 3 interview in a row.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you heard your colleague revealed company's confidential document to the outside?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first invited to an on campus interview. After about a week, I was invited to an office visit. Office visit involves pre-interview dinner and a half day interview with lunch. The final round interview consists of three back-back-back interviews with two directors and a partner. Two directors both asked behavioral questions and the partner was just conversational interview.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions focus on the PwC framework which consists of Whole Leadership, Relationship, Technical, Business and Global Acumen.   Answer Question