PwC Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

I had a video interview with a senior manager. The questions asked were not that difficult though, in retrospect, my answers could have been better worded. The interviewer was very friendly and the atmosphere was relatively comfortable. Overall, the interview felt more casual than expected. However, there was no invitation for an office interview.

Executive Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

The hiring and interview process from my experience was long, thorough, challenging and spontaneous scheduling and confirmation. During the interview, I was relaxed and ready for any questions/concerns. I too presented many good questions in return.

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in April 2014.

The process for summer leadership programs like Elevate begins around the month of February. Generally, applicants submit their resume and cover letter both to their school career center website and to the firm's application website. Most applicants receive an invitation within the next few weeks to attend an on-campus interview with a PwC recruiter; if the firm chooses to, they'll extend an invitation to their second round interview/office visit. The second round usually takes place sometime during April, depending on the location of the applicant's preference. Applicants are generally notified of their application decision approximately two weeks after the second round.

Security Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

It was two rounds interview. The first one was on campus, completely behavioral questions, with a director from SP&R team. I got an email three days later saying that my second would be in two weeks on Friday.

Before the second interviews about 2 days, the recruiter would send out a case and I was supposed to read to prepare for the interview. During the interview day, they gave me 45 minutes to prepare slides for presentation. The interviews went well with one partner and two managers. I presented the case to one of the two managers.

The partner called on Monday to extend internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tons of behavioral questions.   View Answer
    • What questions do you have for SP&R team since you've done many researches?
      Why PwC?
      Why should I hire you?
        Answer Question
    Not negotiable

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Was introduced to Capital Projects by a partner. From there, the process was pretty rigorous. Be prepared for no less than 4 interviews. I had 6 in total, from HR Manager through Principal. Interviews were great and team seems strong. Biggest concern was HR switched managers during final hiring so salary negotiations became a bit more difficult. In the end got a solid offer though.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you currently make? Don't believe what you read on the internet! It was a relief stating my salary. Why would I want to go through a 4 month hiring process only to find out that the expectations were way off?   Answer Question
    The compensation is good to start: 3 weeks off, shut down during Christmas. Tough to change. I did ask for a sign-on bonus though and got it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

I went through Campus Recruiting. First attended various info sessions. Submitted resume and cover letter on campus career website and company career website. After resume screening, I had my on-campus Interview. It was rather easy behavioral interview. Then after a week or two. I received a call-back for In-house Interview. Then it was two behavioral interviews and a panel. The panel was there to answer our questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Regular behavioral. Know your resume. Try to tell a story when asked.   Answer Question

I am debating.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Overall, great experience. I had two interviews.

1st round - on campus

2nd round - in their office which consisted of three interviews (2 associate and 1 partner)

I felt that the partner interview was the easiest. I am not going to lie, I practice and prepared for these interviews. I suggest you practice in the mirror till you feel very comfortable with your answers. STAR method helped me.

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

I recruited through my university's on-campus recruiting process. I went to a few recruiting events, and information sessions, then I submitted my resume and cover letter through an online portal. My first round interview was on campus. Questions revolved around my resume. Nonetheless, I had a great time bonding with the interviewer.

I flew into San Francisco for my second round interview. A manager reached out to me beforehand to schedule a dinner with his colleagues. The dinner was excellent, and everyone was very friendly and casual. The in-house interview began with a welcome message and some information about company culture. The interview with the partner and the manager went well above my expectations. Out of all my interviews, PwC seems to be the only one who truly asked questions tailored to what I mentioned in my resume and cover letter. I had a really great time, and had great conversations with both interviewers. The career panel was very useful. The three staff members were funny and entertaining, and kept all the candidates relaxed.

I received a call from the partner 3 hours after my interview, offering me the position.

Assurance Interrn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview process is easier than expected. Basic Behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult person you had to work with and what did you do?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Transaction Services Intern- SF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Applied through campus career website, within 3 weeks got a call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very simple probably lasted 20 minutes basic fit questions, walk me through your resume and asked about classes I've taken. About 2 weeks after that got a call asking from me to come into the office for an Interview day. 2 weeks later they fly me out and put me up in a hotel the night before. The day consisted of 3 1:1 interviews back to back with a partner, manager, and sr. associate. The one with the partner was the the least stressful, very straight forward questions about my background and resume, he only asked a few questions, I had to ask several to keep the conversation going. The other two were harder, mostly behavioral and about 5 or 6 technical. the technical questions were not that hard basic corporate finance and valuation models. After the interviews I was taken out to lunch by my host and a couple first year associates. Got the call the next morning from the partner extending me the offer.
          I would say the most important thing is to really research everything about the position (specifically the industry sector and line of service) and the company and come prepared with 5-10 intelligent questions about them. A good portion of each interview comes from your questions, they have you dictate the conversation. Overall a good experience, everyone in the san fran office was very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the DCF model. How would you determine a valuation factor to compare one company to its industry?   Answer Question
    Internship, would not recommend negotiating, there are plenty of other qualified students who would do it for less.