PwC Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated May 14, 2015

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then had the phone interview with one of the tax manager.
    Received the second round invitation one week later. The phone interview was just basic behavior questions and back ground check.

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone or on-campus interview with a recruiter, and then a chance at an office visit to interview with various partners and directors. The office visit questions were conversational in nature and designed to fuel a discussion, not a Q&A series. All of my interviewers were incredibly friendly despite some of them even being partners and national leaders doing interviews for internships! They really want you to receive as much information as you can about the company in order to make an informed decision should you receive an offer. Great experience and can't wait to work there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you've recently worked on that required a lot of attention to detail.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They found my resume online. There was a phone interview, then an online skills test, then I was called for an in person interview. All of these went well. I thought the in person interview was very professional and the 2 ladies interviewing me were very nice. I was surprised that I didn't hear anything after that for 6 weeks! Long after I had accepted another position.

Assurance Winter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was my first telephone interview with Pwc. The call was roughly 10 - 15 minutes and we talked through some of the information in my Talent Profile, as well as the potential career interests. During the call, HR asked me several behavioral-based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If your colleagues shared clients' credentials with others, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If I asked your supervisor to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round of interviews were on campus. We had a senior associate as a "greeter" and then went on to a structured behavioral interview with a partner. Second round happens at the office location, starts with a dinner with all the other potential candidates for the position and some of the company's tax associates and managers. Then, the morning after the dinner, you have 3 partners/managers of different areas do another round of behavioral interviews except this time the interviews are unstructured and you are asked questions based on what they want to know from your resume.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time that you had a difficult team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

If college recruiting for, the firm holds a lot of socials that are beneficial to attend (only difference that I can see between college hires and experienced hires). Typically consists of 3 phases: phone interview with recruiter/HR, phone interview with partner/manager, in-house interview with several people (manager, director, partner). After last round of interviews, usually will hear back very quickly if you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly behavioral in nature.
      A question that caught me off guard "Is there anything about your experience that I failed to ask you during the interview so far?"

Answer Question

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was an intern at PwC during a summer between my second and third year of law school. The hiring process began during the fall of 2011, when I was screened at an interview on campus. That screening is very casual, they just want to see if you're an interesting person committed to tax law. The internship was not bad, 8 hours a day b/c you are paid hourly. The offer comes the last week of your internship.

Interview Questions

• N/A - just prove you're committed to tax law, that you're smart (but your grades should speak for you here), that you have a good personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. As an intern, they take you into a conference room, sit you down with HR. HR hands you a piece of paper with your salary. They don't budge, because it's a bit of a sausage making factory: PwC has a cookie-cutter mentality when it comes to your staff. They want, and expect, you to take your salary and be grateful. If you were hiring laterally (ie Senior Associate or above), you may have more negotiating power.

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

Started the conversation with the hiring partner, who then introduced me to a few more partners in Advisory. It was pretty straight forward, and the offer came shortly after. The interview process took 3-4 weeks, although the salary discussion took a lot longer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They insisted on finding how much your current pay is, and offered a moderate bump.

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

all behaviroal - tell my about yourself, tell me about a time when you ...., any questions for me?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

long interview process: meet with recruiter at school and two interviews to follow. The last interview day was from 8:30am to 2pm. Got a call from the partner the same day that I got the offer.