PwC

2.5

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

This was my first telephone interview with Pwc. The call was roughly 10 - 15 minutes and we talked through some of the information in my Talent Profile, as well as the potential career interests. During the call, HR asked me several behavioral-based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • If your colleagues shared clients' credentials with others, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If I asked your supervisor to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

If college recruiting for, the firm holds a lot of socials that are beneficial to attend (only difference that I can see between college hires and experienced hires). Typically consists of 3 phases: phone interview with recruiter/HR, phone interview with partner/manager, in-house interview with several people (manager, director, partner). After last round of interviews, usually will hear back very quickly if you get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly behavioral in nature.
      A question that caught me off guard "Is there anything about your experience that I failed to ask you during the interview so far?"

Answer Question

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC.

I was an intern at PwC during a summer between my second and third year of law school. The hiring process began during the fall of 2011, when I was screened at an interview on campus. That screening is very casual, they just want to see if you're an interesting person committed to tax law. The internship was not bad, 8 hours a day b/c you are paid hourly. The offer comes the last week of your internship.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - just prove you're committed to tax law, that you're smart (but your grades should speak for you here), that you have a good personality.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As an intern, they take you into a conference room, sit you down with HR. HR hands you a piece of paper with your salary. They don't budge, because it's a bit of a sausage making factory: PwC has a cookie-cutter mentality when it comes to your staff. They want, and expect, you to take your salary and be grateful. If you were hiring laterally (ie Senior Associate or above), you may have more negotiating power.

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Started the conversation with the hiring partner, who then introduced me to a few more partners in Advisory. It was pretty straight forward, and the offer came shortly after. The interview process took 3-4 weeks, although the salary discussion took a lot longer.

Interview Questions
    They insisted on finding how much your current pay is, and offered a moderate bump.

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

all behaviroal - tell my about yourself, tell me about a time when you ...., any questions for me?

No negotiation.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

long interview process: meet with recruiter at school and two interviews to follow. The last interview day was from 8:30am to 2pm. Got a call from the partner the same day that I got the offer.

Technology Consulting- Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First-Round- On Campus Interview: Basic Interview Questions. They asked to run through my resume and asked me about my past experiences.

Final Round Interview: One case study and two behavioral.

The case study was given two days before. It was pretty elaborate. On the day of the final round we were given 45 min to prepare and then we had to present the case to one of the managing directors

The two-behavioral interviews were relaxed. They asked me why I want to do tech consulting and why I would choose PwC.

Interview Questions
    • Describe me a time where you had to work with an individual who was not motivated to do work. And how did you go about this?   Answer Question

Advisory - Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Applied on campus, heard back a couple of days before the deadline that I'd be getting an interview. I got a call from a woman in HR that asked which position I wanted to interview for, because I applied to 3 positions. I chose one and heard back the next day that I'd be interviewing for the position.

I did very well during the first interview on campus. Recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. General resume overview followed by a couple of behavioural questions: "Tell me about a time you dealed with someone who didn't do their work in a group project", "How'd you hear about PwC?"...couple similar questions. Know the company, state some facts and figures. I left the interview KNOWING I was going to the second round (I could just tell).

2nd round was all the final round. Btw this interview was for full time. We were given a case study about 48 hours in advance. We were flown to their San Jose office where we were then given questions on the case. We had 45 minutes to answer these questions and draw slides for a powerpoint presentation. We were then immediately rushed out of the room and had a tight schedule consisting of 1 interview where we would present our slides, and two behavioral interviews.

My first behavioral interview was the same as the first interview but much longer so more questions. One of his questions was: "What is Math?", that kind of caught me off guard (he asked this because of my math background). He asked many behavioral questions that focused on leadership, team/group work, and initiative.

2nd behavioral interview: I was actually given a case during this interview, which i was annoyed about cause we weren't told that there was going to be an additional case. This one was EXTREMELY vague and ridiculous. We had to explain our thought process on a case that he told verbally. He wanted our thought process in order of what things could come first. This made it very difficult because he was looking for specific steps in a specific order. This was the hardest part about the entire process.

Case interview: can't say much here. Its more about HOW/WHY you get to your solution than the actual solution it self. Explain WHY you brought things up. Since you get the case without the questions 48 hours before hand, I'd recommend doing about 3-6 hours of outside research. About the industry and other things in the case.

All in all, the final round was extremely challenging and eye-opening. I think I did well, but not stellar.

I should be hearing back soon about the decision. Good luck!...I hope this was helpful!

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

1. recruiter phone screening interview
    2. office interview with a manager
    3. partner interview with a partner and a manager, lunch with two assocaites

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Applied through on campus interview. All behavioral team oriented questions. Be clear and concise. They asked about when I had a had worked with a team and the team didn't agree with an idea I had. How did I deal with that? They also asked leadership questions and how to include team members when implementing my ideas.