PwC

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Experienced Tax Associate Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – all behaviroal - tell my about yourself, tell me about a time when you ...., any questions for me?

Interview Question – nothing difficult, all behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Team Assistant Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty easy but slow process.

Interview Question – All questions were basic.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from sourcing and then a Recruiter 30 mins interview. Next step was a Phone Interview with a Director. Final step was meeting in person with 3 people - Manager, Director and a Principal. It took about 3 months but about 9 weeks were wasted between call from sourcing to Recruiter calling me.

Negotiation Details – Very easy. PwC Advisory (I think) is a good pay master. I did not have to negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

Advisory - Technology Consultant Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on campus, heard back a couple of days before the deadline that I'd be getting an interview. I got a call from a woman in HR that asked which position I wanted to interview for, because I applied to 3 positions. I chose one and heard back the next day that I'd be interviewing for the position.

I did very well during the first interview on campus. Recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. General resume overview followed by a couple of behavioural questions: "Tell me about a time you dealed with someone who didn't do their work in a group project", "How'd you hear about PwC?"...couple similar questions. Know the company, state some facts and figures. I left the interview KNOWING I was going to the second round (I could just tell).

2nd round was all the final round. Btw this interview was for full time. We were given a case study about 48 hours in advance. We were flown to their San Jose office where we were then given questions on the case. We had 45 minutes to answer these questions and draw slides for a powerpoint presentation. We were then immediately rushed out of the room and had a tight schedule consisting of 1 interview where we would present our slides, and two behavioral interviews.

My first behavioral interview was the same as the first interview but much longer so more questions. One of his questions was: "What is Math?", that kind of caught me off guard (he asked this because of my math background). He asked many behavioral questions that focused on leadership, team/group work, and initiative.

2nd behavioral interview: I was actually given a case during this interview, which i was annoyed about cause we weren't told that there was going to be an additional case. This one was EXTREMELY vague and ridiculous. We had to explain our thought process on a case that he told verbally. He wanted our thought process in order of what things could come first. This made it very difficult because he was looking for specific steps in a specific order. This was the hardest part about the entire process.

Case interview: can't say much here. Its more about HOW/WHY you get to your solution than the actual solution it self. Explain WHY you brought things up. Since you get the case without the questions 48 hours before hand, I'd recommend doing about 3-6 hours of outside research. About the industry and other things in the case.

All in all, the final round was extremely challenging and eye-opening. I think I did well, but not stellar.

I should be hearing back soon about the decision. Good luck!...I hope this was helpful!

Assurance Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – long interview process: meet with recruiter at school and two interviews to follow. The last interview day was from 8:30am to 2pm. Got a call from the partner the same day that I got the offer.

Interview Question – No technical questions   Answer Question

Technology Consulting- Advisory Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First-Round- On Campus Interview: Basic Interview Questions. They asked to run through my resume and asked me about my past experiences.

Final Round Interview: One case study and two behavioral.

The case study was given two days before. It was pretty elaborate. On the day of the final round we were given 45 min to prepare and then we had to present the case to one of the managing directors

The two-behavioral interviews were relaxed. They asked me why I want to do tech consulting and why I would choose PwC.

Interview Question – Describe me a time where you had to work with an individual who was not motivated to do work. And how did you go about this?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – 1. recruiter phone screening interview
2. office interview with a manager
3. partner interview with a partner and a manager, lunch with two assocaites

Interview Question – all behavior questions   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus interview. All behavioral team oriented questions. Be clear and concise. They asked about when I had a had worked with a team and the team didn't agree with an idea I had. How did I deal with that? They also asked leadership questions and how to include team members when implementing my ideas.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Experienced Audit Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview lasted 30 minutes, which lead to an all-day interview invitation (and dinner the previous night). The all-day included introductory sessions with a broad range of firm staffs, one-on-ones with four staff members (from Senior up to Partner), and lunch with younger staff members. Within a day or so, you'll get a call with an offer. They move fast.

Interview Question – "Please explain how a database and data warehouse work"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are coming in as a campus hire, you're not going to have much negotiating leeway. The good news is that PwC offers more within their market than the other Big 3, and they use that knowledge to cut off the bargaining process. You have more flexibility with another offer in hand and make sure to share that knowledge.

PWC Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied from the Campus website and got a interview call. The questions were general, they just call in candidates to see how they look like. They will screen you right off if you are member of the minority without asking further questions even when you are the most qualified candidate.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were related to group projects done in school and if any problems were faced and if yes how did you deal with the problem?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.